Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

We have suspension problems as well. Colm McGurk, Mickey McCallan and Kevin McCartan got straight reds against Donaghmore. As far as i know Gaby McCallan is on honeymoon (although not 100% sure) and Ronan McNally is said to be injured. On the plus side Gormley returns.

orangeman

Did you get 3 straight reds against Donaghmore ? Were they deserved ? I think it's a competition to see how many refs can send off ?

loughshore lad

Orangeman what do you make of the management situation? Do you think they should have tried to keep Keenan - I heard he left? Is it going to be Benny on his own now although I heard Fay was going to help out.

orangeman

Efforts were made to keep Roger on board but he had his mind made up - I'm disappointed that he left in the middle of the season but he felt he could do no more apparently - from what I hear there are a few men coming in to help turn the situation around -  I hear Mal Coyle, Fay and Wee Brian are helping out along with the two men that are left. Hopefully we can get a result on Sunday against Carmen - we're a better side than the results have shown and hopefully we can pick up the necessary points during the remainder of the season.

Wee Roddy

We got three straight reds alright and even Donaghmore people were disgusted by two of them. I would be very worried going to Ardboe on Sunday. A team with a new managment set up is often hard to beat and i have a feeling it will be a fresh young Ardboe team chomping at the bit for a victory. Someone told me that it is eight years since Carmen has had seven league wins on the trot so this year there is a different emphasis after the championship defeat so this is a big one. I have a feeling this game will be under scrutiny cause these two teams would not be really well though of in parts of Tyrone!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 21, 2007, 11:08:09 AM
We got three straight reds alright and even Donaghmore people were disgusted by two of them. I would be very worried going to Ardboe on Sunday. A team with a new managment set up is often hard to beat and i have a feeling it will be a fresh young Ardboe team chomping at the bit for a victory. Someone told me that it is eight years since Carmen has had seven league wins on the trot so this year there is a different emphasis after the championship defeat so this is a big one. I have a feeling this game will be under scrutiny cause these two teams would not be really well though of in parts of Tyrone!
It will be down to the bare bones on sunday but sometimes Ardboe do better in the face of adversity and in games they are not expected to win. I am expecting a really good game with plenty of energy - make no mistake it will be under intense scrutiny from the county board so both teams will hopefully concentrate on a good hard but fair game as is usually the case with carmen.

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2007, 11:07:21 AM
Efforts were made to keep Roger on board but he had his mind made up - I'm disappointed that he left in the middle of the season but he felt he could do no more apparently - from what I hear there are a few men coming in to help turn the situation around -  I hear Mal Coyle, Fay and Wee Brian are helping out along with the two men that are left. Hopefully we can get a result on Sunday against Carmen - we're a better side than the results have shown and hopefully we can pick up the necessary points during the remainder of the season.

Its great there are so many willing to come in and help out to try and turn the situation around but my fear here would be there are too many people involved? 5 is a large number for a managerial team?
The unfortunate thing is results dont lie. Ardboe have not won too many games this season and I dont think you can escape that, major rebuilding is needed the current team is not as good individually or collectively as a lot of the current players think it is. They need to concentrate on gathering enough points to stay up and structuring a team to compete over the next few years.

orangeman

Fair enough assessment Loughshore - hopefully we can start to pick up points - I hear there are a couple of people thinking about going to the USA as well - surely not when we need points ? Have you heard anything ?

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2007, 11:57:13 AM
Fair enough assessment Loughshore - hopefully we can start to pick up points - I hear there are a couple of people thinking about going to the USA as well - surely not when we need points ? Have you heard anything ?

Yes have heard there are two players possibly heading to the states not sure if it is confirmed or not.

ziggysego

Anyone know the results of the Division 2 Reserve games last night?
Testing Accessibility

laceer

uselessfootballer

Div2 Reserves
Sigersons beat Drumquin 1-16 to 2-08

hoganstandman

Orangeman - I Heard a few tyrone people im in business with saying that they were not happy at all with a few of the recent Ardboe comments about the Aghyaran club and slagging people off for not being seen to be supporting a recent Ardboe BMCG fundraising event.   I presume they are talking about that Irish star article.  

Gabriel_Hurl

you seem to hear a lot of things

hoganstandman

Sorry Mr mc mahon. :D  I just read through and its being dealt with on another thread.