Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Remember talking to referee after that Clonoe/Coalisland game and the quote from the assessor read-'this referee did not apply the rules of the game from the first minute to the last'- from all accounts anyone who was at the game said that the game, which had the potential to be a nasty affair, was handled sensibly from the first minute to the last. Therein lies the problem. Assessors, many of whom never kicked a ball, and are totally out of touch with the reality of the game applying pressure on refs to hand out cards like a 5 year old at Christmas

Knock Yer Mucker In

A friend of mines got a suspension a last year after losing his cool with the ref for blowing frees when he infact felt the tackles were fair, and consistent with best practise coaching. After the game he approached the ref and asked why he had blown the fouls, the ref said they were foul tackles (obvious response) my mate asked him to tell him what a legal tackle was from the refs point of view, if tackling with the near arm, or swarming around a player who had the ball with three players etc so that he could coach it. The ref wouldn't, couldn't, explain to him what was acceptable tackles were. Now this is essentially the hub of the problem. There is certainly no interaction with refs/coaches/players to agree what is a tackle, and lets face it, tackling is the one thing most players do in todays game apart from running. If refs are being directed to blow this type of foul would it not make sense for collaboration to bin place with the coach and player?

Tommo2

My top 3 refs of the past few years would be: Sean Quinn, Beefy McNamee & Donal O'Neill. They all have a couple of things in common: they let the game go, ref it sensibly and consistently. Won't name my least favourite, but I suspect they are either head of the referee training or top man in the refs assessors committee.

Carmen Stateside

I would say Murphy will be playing after all.

inthesystem

Murphy available to play on Sunday!!!!

Quarterback

Michael has had his ban lifted and is available to play on sunday.....  This is just an example of the arrogance of the ccc in tyrone...wouldnt even look at the video whilst the ulster council took the time to look at it.....Great news for galbally but kildress still hot favourites!

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Quarterback on October 13, 2011, 09:38:16 PM
Michael has had his ban lifted and is available to play on sunday.....  This is just an example of the arrogance of the ccc in tyrone...wouldnt even look at the video whilst the ulster council took the time to look at it.....Great news for galbally but kildress still hot favourites!

Fair dues, CCC arrogance only encourages appeals to Ulster and Croke Park. a wee bit of sense in the first place this nonsense wouldnt need to happening
First on the field and last to leave

Carmen Stateside

Wonder what the Ref thinks now, or worse his assessor.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 14, 2011, 02:52:01 AM
Wonder what the Ref thinks now, or worse his assessor.

I think it would make sense for the hearings committee within Tyrone to be majorly rejigged as a result of this scandal.it would have been a travesty if it had not have been overturned, its been probably the biggest talking point regarding bad refereeing within the county for quite sometime.it should never have dragged on for this long.in fact how could the Tyrone hearings Committe be so far of the mark in their reaccessment?and no matter what case that be's heard in future who will respect these numbnuts decision, what i do know is if they could'nt assess a simple enough case like that theres little hope for something a bit more technical and testing.in most other walks of life when a governing body has lost the public preseption and confidence in the field that they work in it the people responsible should nearly know to step down.i think this is the case here, starting at the top,whose the top buck Mickey Hughes??..heads should roll over this these men are determined to destroy our games!!!their so self-obsessive, people outside Tyrone are bound to be scratching their heads wondering what the hell is going on within our county?i heard it was like a 6-1 ruling in favour of the ban revoked last night after they (the Ulster committee) had watched the footage good job they didnt show any of the other incidents during the game as there was some that were laughable but non as extreme as the straight red card incident. Everybody that was at the game knew at the time the referee had made an error.but glad to see justice was final served. fINAL-ly we can now get back to talking about Football!!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Family guy

Yeah micky hughes is the top man and it was him who wouldnt overturn it and made this hole thing drag on,the county board chairman and the appeals commitee was all in agreement that it should be overturned they hughes started saying how am i goin 2 get referees when yous wont even support them,that he has to stand by his referees

Wee Roddy

That is good news for all football followers. No one, even Kildress, could argue that it should have been a red.
The problem is simply lads, MICKEY HUGHES!

Carmen Stateside

Surely Hughes has to be voted into his position?

viiv

Carmen Stateside

Oh sweet jesus, thats some set up there  :D

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: Family guy on October 13, 2011, 05:13:41 AM
You  big up the fintona ref,thats about all yous have to look back on all  year,for a player to put in the work at training and the gym and the  sacrafices he made with his social life to be denied a chance to lead  out his team who he has grown up with is just wrong,mc carron had a  second chance at the disciplinary meeting when they watched the video  but still maintained it was a straight red,just had to be  controversial,guess it was his chance of looking about another game,i  understand it sounds childish but just feel very bad for micky as i know  the lad and know hes not that kinda player

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 13, 2011, 08:37:09 AM
Fionntamhnach wouldnt expect anything other from yourself other than to be contraversal sure thats what you's men up there do?right?..wasting our time talking to somebody like yourself as you clearly cant call a spade a spade and besides the point it wouldnt be that much of a deal to youself as yous would know more about a Mulhern cup up that way moreso than any O'Neill Cup!!

So ignore the actual points I was making and instead launch ad hominem that have nothing to do with the matter on hand? You two would make great politicans.  ::)

P.S. I do know Micky Murphy myself.

i dont think i could back my own brother up himself if he ever refereed a game like McCarron did that day in Coalisland never mind a fellow clubman.he was a disgrace. that was my point and ive made it. should never be let back inside the wire to referee another game of that magnatude.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."