Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBH1983

very much like the Irish players said before the rugby quarter final, it's whoever turns up on the day

skeog

everymanaman

Quote from: skeog on October 11, 2011, 09:43:07 PM
hopefully both teams turn up
Don't think there will be any danger of either not turning up on the day. Should be a ding dong battle. Hope the weather is favourable

hsthompson

Bustsomemoves why do you not just admit that you're from Dromore?

Radda bout yeee

Why do people not admit what club they're from and even go to the lengths of using other clubs as cover. Eg MoortownSpuds has to be a Moy man!!

Moortown Spuds

Yes Radda Im a Moy man to the core! You are one super intelligent buck!  :D :D :D

Radda bout yeee

I thought you would have been doing a 15 day ban for name dropping! Pity you weren't - Ur hardly a big miss!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 12, 2011, 04:07:35 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 09, 2011, 09:46:10 PMAh give over everybody is entitled to their opinion
Everyone can have an opinion, but too many show their ignorance when it comes to referees.

Quote from: Quarterback link=topic=12.msg1030107#msg1030107  date=1318232719The two men you have mentioned have been poor over the  past year.  Is it true that Mc Carron has never actually played  football?  Mc Carrorns preformance in the semi final Galbally v  Stewartstown was shambolic.  He sends off the keeper for wasting time  yet the actual time he wasted himself running to linesmen and Umpires  killed of what was a great game in the first half...  Mc Atees  preformance in the Reserve Championship game Galbally v Gortin wasnt  much better...   In both circumstances its not a case of whinging.  Its a  case of consistant stupid decisions where common sense is not used and  the game not allowed to flow..  Look at the all ireland final this  year...There was no persistant stoppages,  no yellow cards every other  munite.....Its not happening at the top level so why is it destroying  club football in tyrone...!
First off everyone has a different interpretation of how the rules are implemented, the term 'Common Sense' has the simple problem of not being common. What should be set out to achieve is more consistency among referees to applying the rules. Also damming two referees simply for one poor game each is exactly what I was on about. Also the comparison with the All-Ireland final - how often do we hear about the referee "spoiling" intercounty championship games? Plenty of times. One referees performance in one game is not proof of 'top level' refereeing as a whole. And I've heard since my days of starting for playing for the Fintona U12s about wans giving off about poor refereeing that one of the disciples at the last supper was probably giving off when the bread was being broken. But back in the modern day, I find that those who moan most about referees decisions are the first to make sure they're not around when someone is trying to get a linesman and a couple of umpires for an U14 game.  :-*

Edit: The question about McCarron - he has played football in the past for Fintona though not for some time when he took up referring as he was involved with Fintona Swifts. In any case, I don't believe either him or McAtee ever played hurling before but it hasn't stopped them referring those games at adult level.

Hes a bad one he be aswell sticking to u14 level or even stick to the swifts maybe cut the lawn for them or something like that its about all hes fit for.he darnt come near stewartstown or Galbally again in a hurry!..more i think of it he'd probably need Eugene McConnell to help him empty the bag on the lawnmower! two donkeys if ever there were any!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 12, 2011, 04:49:14 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on October 09, 2011, 09:46:10 PMAh give over everybody is entitled to their opinion
Everyone can have an opinion, but too many show their ignorance when it comes to referees.

Quote from: Quarterback link=topic=12.msg1030107#msg1030107  date=1318232719The two men you have mentioned have been poor over the  past year.  Is it true that Mc Carron has never actually played  football?  Mc Carrorns preformance in the semi final Galbally v  Stewartstown was shambolic.  He sends off the keeper for wasting time  yet the actual time he wasted himself running to linesmen and Umpires  killed of what was a great game in the first half...  Mc Atees  preformance in the Reserve Championship game Galbally v Gortin wasnt  much better...   In both circumstances its not a case of whinging.  Its a  case of consistant stupid decisions where common sense is not used and  the game not allowed to flow..  Look at the all ireland final this  year...There was no persistant stoppages,  no yellow cards every other  munite.....Its not happening at the top level so why is it destroying  club football in tyrone...!
First off everyone has a different interpretation of how the rules are implemented, the term 'Common Sense' has the simple problem of not being common. What should be set out to achieve is more consistency among referees to applying the rules. Also damming two referees simply for one poor game each is exactly what I was on about. Also the comparison with the All-Ireland final - how often do we hear about the referee "spoiling" intercounty championship games? Plenty of times. One referees performance in one game is not proof of 'top level' refereeing as a whole. And I've heard since my days of starting for playing for the Fintona U12s about wans giving off about poor refereeing that one of the disciples at the last supper was probably giving off when the bread was being broken. But back in the modern day, I find that those who moan most about referees decisions are the first to make sure they're not around when someone is trying to get a linesman and a couple of umpires for an U14 game.  :-*

Edit: The question about McCarron - he has played football in the past for Fintona though not for some time when he took up referring as he was involved with Fintona Swifts. In any case, I don't believe either him or McAtee ever played hurling before but it hasn't stopped them referring those games at adult level.

Hes a bad one he be aswell sticking to u14 level or even stick to the swifts maybe cut the lawn for them or something like that its about all hes fit for.he darnt come near stewartstown or Galbally again in a hurry!..more i think of it he'd probably need Eugene McConnell to help him empty the bag on the lawnmower! two donkeys if ever there were any!!

Its a tough gig. Have you ever refereed yourself at any level?

inthesystem

McCarron was terrible in that semi final. Why he got a game of that importance is beyond me. However, the county board have to take the blame. Stephen McNamee is one of the best referees in the county but he was told that he aint gettin another championship game this year because he didnt give out enough yellow cards in the Galbally Rock game. This was probably one of the best games played in all the championships.

Ridiculous decision by county board, and I can understand Fintona trying to defend his club mate, but his performance was inexcusable. Gave Stewartstown nothing in the first 45 minutes then tried to even it up by giving them everything in last 15 when they were 9 points down. crazy, and when you have McConnell on the line as well, thats just a recipe for disaster.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 12, 2011, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 12, 2011, 04:49:14 PM

Its a tough gig. Have you ever refereed yourself at any level?

i have funny enough. im first to admit you cant always make the right decision when you have an instant to decide the appropriate action. but constantly making bad decisions week in week out when people pay good money to watch a football game and referee takes centre stage for most of it. McCarron should be taken off the rota after it.he somes up to a tee everything thats wrong with Tyrone club football.perfect example of inconsistancy in refereeing within Tyrone McCarron issues Galbally goalkeeper against stewartstown a second yellow for kicking the second ball away from behind the goals and delaying kick outs without a warning or a tick or final warning or anything like that.sunday past Peter Ward was taking his time taking kick outs at the start of the second half when dromore were in a commanding position and ref Cathal O'Hagan took note of it after he done on two occasions before the third occasion O'Hagan warned him about it and that he was going into the book if he continued to kick the ball behind the goals away.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: inthesystem on October 12, 2011, 05:07:11 PM
McCarron was terrible in that semi final. Why he got a game of that importance is beyond me. However, the county board have to take the blame. Stephen McNamee is one of the best referees in the county but he was told that he aint gettin another championship game this year because he didnt give out enough yellow cards in the Galbally Rock game. This was probably one of the best games played in all the championships.

Ridiculous decision by county board, and I can understand Fintona trying to defend his club mate, but his performance was inexcusable. Gave Stewartstown nothing in the first 45 minutes then tried to even it up by giving them everything in last 15 when they were 9 points down. crazy, and when you have McConnell on the line as well, thats just a recipe for disaster.

McNamee refereed the Clonoe-Coalisland game in last years championship brilliantly (god know's i'd love to be able to blame the ref for that result) but apparently got ridiculously low assesment for not giving out enough yellow cards (when none were due). Reckon we're putting refs in an unfair position by slagging themoff when they do what they're told. County board need to rethink the assesment criteria to allow sensible refs like mcnamee to get bigger games
First on the field and last to leave

Club Rossa

Refereeing is indeed a tough job but there are some refs in Tyrone who just seem to thrive on being the centre of attention and aren't happy unless they're the main subject after the game.

Club Rossa

A few months ago i was talking to a referee who had done a game the previous week and had been assessed.He issued 10 yellows and one red card and said it wasn't a dirty game but he felt under huge pressure to give out the cards.His assessor told him afterwards that he should have issued at least another 10 yellows and two more reds.
Sums up everything that is wrong with refereeing nowadays.

inthesystem

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 12, 2011, 05:21:50 PM
Inthesystem, I wasn't at the Galbally vs. Stewartstown so I can't comment myself on his performance for that game, but no one I have heard about gave him a positive review of his performance. My only point is that no one made any comment about his duties as a referee over the last few years until recently and there's too many gobshites in Tyrone football who give off about officiating all around (not just specific referees themselves) but do f**k all to give a constructive contribution themselves and would shit themselves if asked to do the whistle at an under 10 blitz.

Look I agree with what your saying and that 'without referees there'd be no games' etc etc. I appreciate that. But without managers, without coaches, without players there would be no games. Now when a team gets beat in a game, a player who played poorly gets dropped and chances are the manager and coach get the road for not delivering if its a big game.

Whay punishment does a referee get when he has a terrible game?? Hes out the next week again. Referees have to be accoutnable for their bad performances as well. But as i've said already, the county board are encouraging referees to issue yellows and reds and this really is killing the club game in Tyrone.