Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 10, 2011, 11:36:46 AM
over the moon beating our parish neighbours, was much easier than expected, bossed the game on a very poor surface, but i suppose Omagh won't be much better. Ciaran Girvan got some cleaning out. The ref did rightly, but made a howler for their goal with our FB getting a very obvious push in the back for the goal, in a tight game that would have been some mistake.

Dromore were excellent yesterday, and Omagh were also clueless and gutless. I really enjoyed the first half and the last five minutes of that half is where this game was won and loss. Dromore hit three points to creat agap in that period otherwise they were in diffs with the wind behind them. Also the refs call to blow halftime when it seemed omagh were in for a shot at goal was baffling also, another example of how a ref can influence a result. Justin Mc Nulty looked so slow and unfit, or was it me reading this the wrong way?

Was in not another Clonoe defender going for the ball which caused Brady to fumble it and allow Derrylaughran in for the goal?

And in the Dromore game, the ref blew the initial whistle after the shot was taken and he realised it wasn't going over the bar before the Omagh player got the ball and bearing down on goal.

All in all, I though Cathal O'Hagan had a decent enough game. Was sore enough on Dromore at times. Glad he wasn't as card happy as the last game but alot depends on the teams involved I suppose.

blackball

Quote from: laceer on October 10, 2011, 03:26:21 PM
Quote from: blackball on October 10, 2011, 03:11:54 PM
Derrytresk and Clonoe both now in thier respective county finals. Anybody know when the last time two teams from the same parish won county titles in the same year?

Killyman and Clonmore both won Junior Championships in 2005. Different counties, same parish
What about two tyrone championships in the same year I am sure it has happened some year with the amount of neghbouring clubs in Tyrone.

Put A Name On Er

yes their system is built around cassidys c defence system where basically the two half forwards create two extra defenders in the fb line
[/quote]

How often have you seen Clonoe play
Never seen the half forwards operate as defenders, yes when the opposition has the ball we have 15 defenders but we dont play with them lads as defenders full time! Try telling Colly Donnelly or Connor McAliskey they are defenders!!!

Man Marker

Peter Doherty lives in carrickmore area, he was born and played for Kilrea, but is very well established in the carrickmore area for a long time, at a guess 20 years, you couldn't call kilrea his home club, could ya?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: littleoak on October 10, 2011, 01:19:48 PM
Beating a team like Derrylaughen who from what I heard from a man at the game has 8 starting players from last years int win missing wudn be something to be braggin about either knock ur muck !
For a first year in senior they are not to bothered with a very young side.
Those gervin lads are only 19 or 20 apparently and was told average age is around 20 so plenty to work on .

Derrylaughlan could have played with those imaginary 8 players who would have made such a differnce along with the 15 they had on and it wouldn't made one iota. A one horse race. Girvan will be having nighmares about Shane Coney :D

You predicted a close encounter from tralling through your posts. lol  Stay away from the bookies, also with a mentality like yours, you should also consider a week in lough derg, help you find your inner self.

blackball

Quote from: Man Marker on October 10, 2011, 04:12:17 PM
Peter Doherty lives in carrickmore area, he was born and played for Kilrea, but is very well established in the carrickmore area for a long time, at a guess 20 years, you couldn't call kilrea his home club, could ya?
Born and played there, pretty sure you can call it his home club! what else would you call it!!

Club Rossa

Really looking forward to Clonoe v Dromore.Dromore were really good yesterday but i just get a feeling that Clonoe will not be denied this year.As someone else said it's the 2 best teams in the county going head to head and i would be very surprised if there's any more than a point or two in it at the finish but my money is on the Rahillys.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 10, 2011, 10:32:54 AM
Quote from: Sanchez on October 10, 2011, 10:18:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what has happened the Moy? A club with3 county players including a former player of the year and a multiple all star as well as a former county player and they cant stay in the first division? Is the problem with the manager or is it simply a very badly run club more interested in fund raising than football?

Thats rich coming from somebody from Dungannon!!!  sort your own house out before you worry about somebody elses :D

Lads Sanchez may be from Dungannon but he plays for Eglish. Doesnt't take Columbo to figure out who the gambeen is!

Delighted with the win yesterday, we were made to battle for our victory and our fitness and match sharpness prevailed in the final 15. We defended well in the first putting the Moy shooters under good pressure and we dug in and got the victory which we needed. One more and we survive, but it will be a huge task to be pitted against a division 2 team that will more than likely be in championship mode. Sludden reffed the game yesterday and did so well. He has gone up in my estimation but his starting point prior to yesterday was rock bottom anyway! :D Although he should have lined Philly Jordan in the final few minutes but the game was finished by that stage.

Sanchez/Mr Martin, I thought you had enough of a dig at the Moy lads on facebook last night? If we were the ones beaten yesterday we would expect the same comments from you and your kind. Are you still tipping yourself as the answer to Tyrone's problems on here and on HS?

carmenabu

Quote from: blackball on October 10, 2011, 04:43:33 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on October 10, 2011, 04:12:17 PM
Born and played there, pretty sure you can call it his home club! what else would you call

My understanding is he was born, lived and played for Kilrea.  His work brought him to Carrickmore. He was appointed manager and brought the club 3 senior league titles (1992-1994) but got defeated in 1994 championship final. He transferred to the club and played reserve football winning reserve league medal(s). I believe he lived and still lives in Omagh, possibly even Killyclogher.  He managed Omagh to county final in 1998. His home club would be Kilrea but he would still have good friends in Carrickmore. He would have been responsible in helping build the panel of players in Carrickmore to championship success in mid ninties/noughties.

never kickt a ball

Lives in Omagh and recently managed Drumagh Sarsfields GFC. Was involved with the Libertine GAA club although that apparently ended in a babyshambles! Is credited with managing his namesake to recent Celebrity Big Brother success - I think?

Sanchez

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 10, 2011, 06:48:44 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 10, 2011, 10:32:54 AM
Quote from: Sanchez on October 10, 2011, 10:18:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what has happened the Moy? A club with3 county players including a former player of the year and a multiple all star as well as a former county player and they cant stay in the first division? Is the problem with the manager or is it simply a very badly run club more interested in fund raising than football?

Thats rich coming from somebody from Dungannon!!!  sort your own house out before you worry about somebody elses :D

Lads Sanchez may be from Dungannon but he plays for Eglish. Doesnt't take Columbo to figure out who the gambeen is!

Delighted with the win yesterday, we were made to battle for our victory and our fitness and match sharpness prevailed in the final 15. We defended well in the first putting the Moy shooters under good pressure and we dug in and got the victory which we needed. One more and we survive, but it will be a huge task to be pitted against a division 2 team that will more than likely be in championship mode. Sludden reffed the game yesterday and did so well. He has gone up in my estimation but his starting point prior to yesterday was rock bottom anyway! :D Although he should have lined Philly Jordan in the final few minutes but the game was finished by that stage.

Sanchez/Mr Martin, I thought you had enough of a dig at the Moy lads on facebook last night? If we were the ones beaten yesterday we would expect the same comments from you and your kind. Are you still tipping yourself as the answer to Tyrone's problems on here and on HS?

You're no Columbo thats for sure "Moortown" for poor old Sanchez doesnt have a facebook account! But keeping name dropping there!

bustsummoves

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 10, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
Really looking forward to Clonoe v Dromore.Dromore were really good yesterday but i just get a feeling that Clonoe will not be denied this year.As someone else said it's the 2 best teams in the county going head to head and i would be very surprised if there's any more than a point or two in it at the finish but my money is on the Rahillys.

I think theres more to motivate Dromore to win a county title than Clonoe to be fair this year. If Dromore bring there hard working attitude on paper they have the better players.

Dromore for me

winghalfback

Quote from: bustsummoves on October 11, 2011, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on October 10, 2011, 05:28:28 PM

I think theres more to motivate Dromore to win a county title than Clonoe to be fair this year. If Dromore bring there hard working attitude on paper they have the better players.

Dromore for me

Why would dromore have more to motivate them than clonoe thats just nonsense talk.

Moortown Spuds

Its going to be a great game, maybe not pretty but you won't find two teams that want it more than these two. Tense to the last, lots of niggly shenanigans with a score at most between the sides. Has a date been set?

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on October 11, 2011, 11:16:59 AM
Its going to be a great game, maybe not pretty but you won't find two teams that want it more than these two. Tense to the last, lots of niggly shenanigans with a score at most between the sides. Has a date been set?

Sunday 23 October, presumably Healey Park
First on the field and last to leave