Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

over the moon beating our parish neighbours, was much easier than expected, bossed the game on a very poor surface, but i suppose Omagh won't be much better. Ciaran Girvan got some cleaning out. The ref did rightly, but made a howler for their goal with our FB getting a very obvious push in the back for the goal, in a tight game that would have been some mistake.

Dromore were excellent yesterday, and Omagh were also clueless and gutless. I really enjoyed the first half and the last five minutes of that half is where this game was won and loss. Dromore hit three points to creat agap in that period otherwise they were in diffs with the wind behind them. Also the refs call to blow halftime when it seemed omagh were in for a shot at goal was baffling also, another example of how a ref can influence a result. Justin Mc Nulty looked so slow and unfit, or was it me reading this the wrong way?

stalwart

justin mc nulty doesnt play for omagh - mc mahon ! - had to be injured , way off the pace

Knock Yer Mucker In

under the bar

Any word on galballys appeal over the red card to murphy?

tonesfirstandlast

I was talking to a man yesterday who told me that he had been talking to Dan Joe, Damians dad and he said that damian had Clonoe in such good shape they could beat Tyrone never mind Dromore or Omagh.

Up The Middle

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 10, 2011, 12:26:44 PM
I was talking to a man yesterday who told me that he had been talking to Dan Joe, Damians dad and he said that damian had Clonoe in such good shape they could beat Tyrone never mind Dromore or Omagh.

Your some craic ::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: under the bar on October 10, 2011, 12:21:15 PM
i'd say he probably got off. wasnt much in the challenge imo but then again you never know!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

winghalfback

Clonoe Dromore final and over all its the best pairing we could have hoped for the best two teams in the championship winning their way to the final. Both teams have contrasting styles of play which will lead to an interesting physical battle. Repeat of the 2008 final and I believe both teams have improved a lot from that date too. Dromore would have to be favourites after accounting for the tougher side of the draw (playing Ardboe and Omagh compared to Trillick and Derrylaughan) and racking up big scores but it will be very close expect extra time again maybe.

Quarterback

Michaels appeal was rejected, looks like galbally will be without their captain for the final....Huge loss for Galbally.  Its situations like this and referees like Martin Mc Carron that really grind my gears.  Mc Carrons stupity and lack of a common sense approach has denied a lad a chance to play in his clubs first county final in a long time.  Michael has had a torrid time with injuries and has never been sent off in his life before....The tackle itself had not intent and was barely a yellow.....Gutted for Michael.

This will almost certainly sway the game in favour of kildress.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Quarterback on October 10, 2011, 02:10:36 PM

Michaels appeal was rejected, looks like galbally will be without their captain for the final....Huge loss for Galbally.  Its situations like this and referees like Martin Mc Carron that really grind my gears.  Mc Carrons stupity and lack of a common sense approach has denied a lad a chance to play in his clubs first county final in a long time.  Michael has had a torrid time with injuries and has never been sent off in his life before....The tackle itself had not intent and was barely a yellow.....Gutted for Michael.

This will almost certainly sway the game in favour of kildress.

probably the worst decision ive seen in Gaa in a long time. not only did he ruin the semi final hes now ruined what would have been a great final.can they appeal that again or what happens?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Wee Roddy

I wouldnt say it was the worst i have seen in a long time but it was up there with a couple of clangers i have seen. From where i was standing i was sure it would have been overturned! Only McCarron can say what he saw!

stalwart

huge motivation for galbally - didnt see the game - too close to call - prediction a draw !

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 10, 2011, 10:32:54 AM
Quote from: Sanchez on October 10, 2011, 10:18:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what has happened the Moy? A club with3 county players including a former player of the year and a multiple all star as well as a former county player and they cant stay in the first division? Is the problem with the manager or is it simply a very badly run club more interested in fund raising than football?

Thats rich coming from somebody from Dungannon!!!  sort your own house out before you worry about somebody elses :D

:o :o :o :o  A Dungannon man giving the Moy abuse for the way they are run!! Are you serious??  Moy are a small club that produce some excellent footballers.  I would say it takes more than 3 players to make a team.  Players like Sean Cavanagh can be taken out of a game very handy by teams that operate a fouling system to stop him (e.g. derrylaughan players picked up 9 different yellow cards from Sean Cavanagh on a rotation marking system).

Moy had a bad year and definately were not fancied for the drop, but with injuries and other problems this wasnt their year.  Im sure they will gather themselves for next season and be a force in Division 2.  As for the fundraising, every club with ambition has to raise funds to keep the club competitive to provide the equiptment needed to give youth the best chance and pay the bills.  For the size of the Moy compared to Dungannon i think there doing ok  ;D
Living the dream!!!

blackball

Derrytresk and Clonoe both now in thier respective county finals. Anybody know when the last time two teams from the same parish won county titles in the same year?

laceer

Quote from: blackball on October 10, 2011, 03:11:54 PM
Derrytresk and Clonoe both now in thier respective county finals. Anybody know when the last time two teams from the same parish won county titles in the same year?

Killyman and Clonmore both won Junior Championships in 2005. Different counties, same parish