Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

I would imagine on the basis that young mcnulty plays for both they might put the minor final back a week.

tyrone86

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 30, 2011, 10:50:17 PM
I would imagine on the basis that young mcnulty plays for both they might put the minor final back a week.

To play devil's advocate, that's one way to look at it. Another is that he came on as a sub at the start of extra time after 5 subs had been used in the 60 minutes. Hardly the basis of denying the rest of his minor teammates the chance of playing in front of their senior counterparts in a county final. Surely playing in both finals on the same day would make it one the proudest days in Clonoe's already illustrious history!

Anyway, the Senior/Minor final in the same year has only affected 4 clubs in the last 20 years - Dromore in 92, Ardboe 98, Killyclogher 02 and Carrickmore 04.

Dromore played both on the same day and I think one of the O'Brien's played in the Minors and came on as a sub in the senior game.
Carmen also played but didn't have anyone that togged out for the Seniors I believe. One of the highlights of the day was the Carmen minor captain dropping an f-bomb during the speech to much laughter throughout the ground.
Ardboe didn't play in 98 on the same day - it was a JFC/SFC double bill that day. The Minor Championship ran late due to Tyrone winning the All Ireland Minor. Ginger and wee Brian were both an integral part of the Ardboe team that year in spite of Brian's broken collarbone so it's debatable whether the final would have actually went ahead.
Killyclogher didn't play either in 02 as one of the Minor Semi Finals went to a replay so the Co Final was preceded by the U16 final (Killeeshil v Cookstown). Again, Dermy Carlin started all year on both Killyclogher/Cappagh teams and he went man to man on Canavan in the Senior final and did a fairly good job until a typical piece of magic from God won Errigal the game. Incidentally, he also finished on the losing side in the minor final courtesy of a few posters from here. 

Aaron Boone

I'm sure Dromore would have had no probs in playing the semi v Omagh in Healy Pk, well used to the pitch lads, bringing it to Pomeroy is without foundation.

What a waste of hard-earned West Tyrone petrol & diesel.

13aside

Congratulations and thank you to Brian Dooher for a fantastic inter-county career,a credit to our wonderful sport and an exceptional player and leader.

KIDDO 4

Dromore 1.11, Clonoe 1.7  reserve championship semi final  today inKilleeshill .

skeog

backofthehand

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 30, 2011, 06:36:03 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 30, 2011, 11:15:00 AM
Clonoe v Derrylaghun  4.30pm Sat Oct 8th , Dungannon, Dromore v Omagh 4.30pm Sunday Oct 9TH Pomeroy , bothgames preceeded by reserve championship finals .

If Clonoe reserves win their semi tomorrow afternoon surely they'll not be asked to play in final on same day as the seniors are in their semi. Although stranger things have happened.

Same thing applies to county final. IF (and it's a big IF achairde so I'm not being arrogant here!!) Clonoe get to county final will our minors be expected to play their final on the same undercard??
Would think it would be up to the club to decide, but think it would be harsh to ask the minors to give up their big day. In 92 Dromore had a player play the minor game and start the senior game.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: backofthehand on October 01, 2011, 03:52:15 PM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 30, 2011, 06:36:03 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 30, 2011, 11:15:00 AM
Clonoe v Derrylaghun  4.30pm Sat Oct 8th , Dungannon, Dromore v Omagh 4.30pm Sunday Oct 9TH Pomeroy , bothgames preceeded by reserve championship finals .

If Clonoe reserves win their semi tomorrow afternoon surely they'll not be asked to play in final on same day as the seniors are in their semi. Although stranger things have happened.

Same thing applies to county final. IF (and it's a big IF achairde so I'm not being arrogant here!!) Clonoe get to county final will our minors be expected to play their final on the same undercard??
Would think it would be up to the club to decide, but think it would be harsh to ask the minors to give up their big day. In 92 Dromore had a player play the minor game and start the senior game.

I suspect the problem may lay with the minor managers, who are both involved in the senior panel if Clonoe make it that far.

ONeill

Derrytresk 1-16
Errigal 1-8

A long time since the Hill last played in a Championship final - 70s?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

barelegs

Yeah Dregish beat the Hill in the 1970 Junior Final 2-7 to 2-4. You'll be hoping for a better result than that O'Neill

Club Rossa

Galbally 2-10 Stewartstown 1-11.
I hear Mickey Murphy got a straight red,will be a big loss to the Pearses.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 01, 2011, 06:42:14 PM

good game to watch until the ref spoiled it!!! Too many officials who wanted to be centre of attention!

bigfrank

Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2011, 04:54:14 PM
Derrytresk 1-16
Errigal 1-8

A long time since the Hill last played in a Championship final - 70s?

Tresk found themselves a great player in maghery in the last few weeks i see...mickey robinson looked like a real find 2nite...guess tresk look players to the big clubs around them so will take what they can...up the hill!!

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 01, 2011, 06:42:14 PM

deserving red as well  - very very late and high.

manies was harshly sent off for us first and then 3 galbally men were lined. not sure what the keeper was sent off for? was it time wasting? all sendings off were in the last 10 minutes and 3 of them seemed harsh to me - and yet the galbally no.4 should have walked in the 1st half.

mccarron made a mess of it again. tonight he epitomised everything that is wrong with refereeing in tyrone.

all that aside, our defence cost us dearly again -  we basically gave galbally a 2 goal head start. we were very flat in the 1st half and it took a wonder goal from manies on the stroke of half time to keep us in the game.

galbally were the better side on the night (very cynical though) but for the 2nd game running they were hanging on for dear life at the end. they wont keep getting away with it.