Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

I was at galbally v stewartstown game earlier and first thing i have to say the referee was a complete joke..he took an age to book a player..make a call..communicate somethin to linemans/umpire/player...when 5 mins injury tome is indicated and everyone in crowd thinks it should be more then you know something is up

on the murphy sendin off i thought it was very harsh and never a straight red in my eyes..a yellow 100% and every player on both sides would have got on with it...u can sense if players think its a red when it happens especially the opposition but not one stewartstown player appealed strongly or thought it was a red..ref had no common sense throughout and the rash red didnt even shock me

My point also applies to devlins 2nd yellow...2 players had a few shoulder charges against each other without any harm or damage done to either...tell players to get on with it..let galbally have there free and play on..ref books both and makes a scene...madness

think the goalie got lined cause galbally manager kicked the balls away from the posts to waste time on the kickouts and the umpire or else eugene mc conn the linesman thought it was the keeper..hence why he got a second yellow card

galbally got off to a great start and should have had a 2nd penalty before stewartstown ever scored but cause of the lead the ref choked and didnt give it..he was influenced by the score and the early lead...start of a bad day for him!!

stewartsown could have easily got a draw from that game as wasnt alot between the teams bar the early lead with big mulgrew havin huge game at midfield...galbally be happy with 2-10 as i think it will win any game from now to xmas in this weather...

clarshack

Quote from: bigfrank on October 01, 2011, 09:18:38 PM
I was at galbally v stewartstown game earlier and first thing i have to say the referee was a complete joke..he took an age to book a player..make a call..communicate somethin to linemans/umpire/player...when 5 mins injury tome is indicated and everyone in crowd thinks it should be more then you know something is up

on the murphy sendin off i thought it was very harsh and never a straight red in my eyes..a yellow 100% and every player on both sides would have got on with it...u can sense if players think its a red when it happens especially the opposition but not one stewartstown player appealed strongly or thought it was a red..ref had no common sense throughout and the rash red didnt even shock me

My point also applies to devlins 2nd yellow...2 players had a few shoulder charges against each other without any harm or damage done to either...tell players to get on with it..let galbally have there free and play on..ref books both and makes a scene...madness

think the goalie got lined cause galbally manager kicked the balls away from the posts to waste time on the kickouts and the umpire or else eugene mc conn the linesman thought it was the keeper..hence why he got a second yellow card

galbally got off to a great start and should have had a 2nd penalty before stewartstown ever scored but cause of the lead the ref choked and didnt give it..he was influenced by the score and the early lead...start of a bad day for him!!

stewartsown could have easily got a draw from that game as wasnt alot between the teams bar the early lead with big mulgrew havin huge game at midfield...galbally be happy with 2-10 as i think it will win any game from now to xmas in this weather...

what side of the ground were you on?

yes that should have been a penalty. however there was a straight pickup off the ground just before the galbally penalty was awarded so that evens it out.

bigfrank

Was in the stand clarshack..was very similar to the first penalty..just a drag to the ground...place seemed to pause and hold breath then ref plays on...was defo a pen but i forgot to say above that the galbally corner back should have walked for 2 yellows but ref gave him a warnin and 30 secs later galbally replaced him...could have freed up more space for mannys as he was being double marked

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: bigfrank on October 01, 2011, 08:54:33 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2011, 04:54:14 PM
Derrytresk 1-16
Errigal 1-8

A long time since the Hill last played in a Championship final - 70s?

Tresk found themselves a great player in maghery in the last few weeks i see...mickey robinson looked like a real find 2nite...guess tresk look players to the big clubs around them so will take what they can...up the hill!!

Congratulations to Derryresk they have waited along time for this day to come. some great forwards an excellent all round footballing side who will give Killeeshil there fill of it in the final they have nothing to lose and all the pressure is on Killeeshil thats of course they over come Fintona which i fully expect them to do. Errigal Ciaran never really got going and we were outclassed all over the field for the course of the hour and only a goal against the run of play late in the first period kept us in it,but we had a great year and we put the club back on the map and great credit has to go to the managment team and Tiffy for believing in the players although we were found to be well short on the day.as for the second Game Galbally were impressive in the first half and should really have had the game done and dusted on in the first half except for a fine Gareth Devlin goal as half time approached which kept them in it, as for the refereeing i dont know who he was, but he was as bad as ive seen in 25 years! i think there were four players sent off and you could have argued that they were all harsh..first mannings got sent off for litterally nothing just when the tide was turning in stewartstowns favour the referee ruined the exciting climax which everyone had waited 45 minutes of the contest to see, next was Galballys number 11 who seemed fired up from an earlier incident but was sent off by the referee who was mad looking to even the game up after he realised that he had been harsh with Devlins sending off. then Gallballys Goalkeeper got lined after the linesman pointed out something that he had done which he deemed as time wasting after lines man Eugene McConnell made him aware of something.needless and again another decision he got wrong.which was silly as he only kicked the second ball that was on to the field of play to behind the endline. and as for their third sending off it was probably the worst red card i seen in all my years of watching football Michael Murphy went square on with a stewartstown player which was hard and fair. it was harsh to be a free never mind a booking but deemed as a red card was to be the biggest joke everyone was amazed as he signaled like it was a round the neck challenge.....but to be fair to the referee i think he knew he got it very wrong as soon as he seen everyones reaction when he issued the red card he was sort of taken back by it,in them situtaions u know if you got your descision right by everyones reaction he clearly didnt see the incicent,.id be amazed if it wasnt overturned for the final.then as if that wasnt eough he apparently told stewartstown in the 5th minute of injury time when they were 3points down that they had two minutes left so they pointed a close range free kick when litteral a goal was what they needed as he blew up 30 seconds later.i fancy Kildrerss to come thorugh in tomorrows other semi final. away from championship action i hope everybody who possibly can will make the effort to get down to the all Ireland 95 rematch tomorrow which is for a very good cause. be interesting to see what shape Peter the Great is in id imagine he not get as much space 16 years on.lol
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on October 02, 2011, 01:53:26 AM
[their third sending off it was probably the worst red card i seen in all my years of watching football Michael Murphy went square on with a stewartstown player which was hard and fair. it was harsh to be a free never mind a booking but deemed as a red card was to be the biggest joke everyone was amazed as he signaled like it was a round the neck challenge...

he did take him around the neck very dangerously! I was expecting yellow but wasn't surprised when it was red! I remember a similar incident last year when a kildress
player done the same and appealed it but 3 months recieved was upheld!! I can't see it being overturned and the fact he went to the ref straight after the game with the verbals won't help his case either!!!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 02, 2011, 12:36:18 PM
[their third sending off it was probably the worst red card i seen in all my years of watching football Michael Murphy went square on with a stewartstown player which was hard and fair. it was harsh to be a free never mind a booking but deemed as a red card was to be the biggest joke everyone was amazed as he signaled like it was a round the neck challenge...

he did take him around the neck very dangerously! I was expecting yellow but wasn't surprised when it was red! I remember a similar incident last year when a kildress
player done the same and appealed it but 3 months recieved was upheld!! I can't see it being overturned and the fact he went to the ref straight after the game with the verbals won't help his case either!!!

I know if it was me id be appealing as the general opinion of everyone round us was that the referee had honestly lost it at that stage i wouldnt have been surprised if he had of went to his pocket and a pigeon had of flew out the way he was carrying on.it added to the banter as he had all the neutrals laughing and rubbing their hands as it was pricelsss. How will Kildress fair today? i seen loughmacrory up at the field against eskra in the first drawn game and i was disappointed by them they have went down hill badly so id expect yous to be too strong for them.

clarshack

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 02, 2011, 12:36:18 PM

same ref sent off manies for 2 nothing yellows against clann na gael this year (another highly controversial game). however manies ended up getting a longer suspension for verbals he gave him after it. i wouldnt be too confident of murphy getting off now.

you could say that the game just basically descended into farce and football was the real loser yesterday. it really had the potential to be a good game of football.

also who was the linesman on the stand side in the 2nd half? he just wanted it to be all about him.

nothingbettertobeat

Kildress beat Loughmacrory by by two points. awful game of football

Family guy

The kildress game wasnt pretty but dont think it ever was goin 2 be,was always goin to be played on the edge,kildress kicked a mountain of wides in the second half think they got there first score of the second half in injury time,they will need to do much better against galbally

cearrbhach

Disappointed that Galbally and Kildress are in the Intermediate final.  Its the local equivalent of Donegal v Dublin AI semi final this year - a real war of attrition.  Both teams are well organised but ultimately struggled in senior football last year (Yes, a highly credible run by the Tones to the SFC semi last year - but think Moortown and Derrylaughan this year and you know what i mean).  I think Galbally will just about prevail - is their name on the trophy this year? certainly after yesterday's circus at Coalisland and previously against Rock they have got dubious enough scores and decisions at vital periods.  Kildress haven't enough of a scoring threat as was shown in the second half against the lough earlier today.  As for Derrytresk and Killeeshil, two of the best sides at Junior level in 2011 will perhaps serve up a better game than the Intermediate counterpart, i think any hint of complacency by the St. Mary's will result in a Hill success with the good squad they have - but i think Killeeshil may be too strong for them.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: cearrbhach on October 02, 2011, 08:53:24 PM
Disappointed that Galbally and Kildress are in the Intermediate final.  Its the local equivalent of Donegal v Dublin AI semi final this year - a real war of attrition.  Both teams are well organised but ultimately struggled in senior football last year (Yes, a highly credible run by the Tones to the SFC semi last year - but think Moortown and Derrylaughan this year and you know what i mean).  I think Galbally will just about prevail - is their name on the trophy this year? certainly after yesterday's circus at Coalisland and previously against Rock they have got dubious enough scores and decisions at vital periods.  Kildress haven't enough of a scoring threat as was shown in the second half against the lough earlier today.  As for Derrytresk and Killeeshil, two of the best sides at Junior level in 2011 will perhaps serve up a better game than the Intermediate counterpart, i think any hint of complacency by the St. Mary's will result in a Hill success with the good squad they have - but i think Killeeshil may be too strong for them.

I'd have to agree with the most of that but I think your being a bit harsh with your comparison wiith Donegal v Dublin - The league game was very open but because its the final i expect it to be a bit tighter but the open spaces of Omagh should let the game flow.

I hope the Tones can do it but judging by yesterdays performance and the way Galbally are going it looks like we'll be big underdogs! I'm hoping we can upset the odds!

clarshack

if galbally win the final will mickey murphy be allowed to lift the cup?

Tommo2

Any fixtures released for this week. Are the U21 championship starting this week?

KIDDO 4

Under 21 Grade 2: Top 2 Qualify in each section qualify for QF, teams finishing top get home advantage in QF.

9th October
G2A: Dungannon v Brackaville, Coalisland v Derrytresk
G2B: Loughmacrory v Greencastle
G2C: Gortin v Urney
G2D: Augher v Galbally, Kildress v Moy

16th October
G2A: Brackaville v Coalisland, Derrytresk v Dungannon
G2B: Pomeroy v Loughmacrory
G2C: Strabane v Gortin
G2D: Moy v Augher, Galbally v Kildress

23rd October
G2A: Dungannon v Coalisland, Derrytresk v Brackaville
G2B: Greencastle v Pomeroy
G2C: Urney v Strabane
G2D: Moy v Galbally, Kildress v Augher

30th October QF
6th November SF
13th November Final

Under 21 Grade 3 : Top 2 Qualify for Final

9th October

Beragh v Killeeshil
Clann na Gael v Tattyreagh

16th October

Aghyaran v Tattyreagh
Beragh v Clann na Gael

23rd October

Killeeshil v Clann na Gael
Aghyaran v Beragh

30th October

Clann na Gael v Aghyaran
Tattyreagh v Killeeshil

6th November

Tattyreagh v Beragh
Killeeshil v Aghyaran

13 November Final

N.B. Any U21 game which cannot be played due to fixture clashes must be played under lights at a suitable venue before the next game takes place.

Man Marker

Quote from: cearrbhach on October 02, 2011, 08:53:24 PM

Lads at least take the pitch and conditions into account, it pissed all september, never mind the amount of rain that fell on Friday, it never stopped. Do any of you actually or have actually played the game to understand the impact these conditions have on performance.