Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

I heard yesterday that the Dromore/Omagh semi final will be played in Pomeroy on sunday 9th.

Put A Name On Er

Quote from: maco on September 29, 2011, 10:17:58 AM
I heard yesterday that the Dromore/Omagh semi final will be played in Pomeroy on sunday 9th.

Any word on the Clonoe v Derrylaughan game?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 28, 2011, 11:02:03 PM
Quote from: fairplay11 on September 28, 2011, 07:30:36 PM
Snippet, Omagh are due to play an average Dromore team but his average Dromore team will have the steel to cut out Ronan O'Neill and Conan Grugan, something Coalisland didn't possess on Saturday. I do think Clonoe will win the championship hands down. Men like Shane O'Hagan will get better an McNulty is probably the best midfielder in the county. Brady and Burke could handle that Omagh forward line the same way Carrickmore did last year. Omagh Clonoe final and you can take that to the bank. Story is where to from here for Carmen and Ardboe? Frank McGuigan, John McConville are on their way out, along side Gavin Wylie and Ciaran Campbell. Frank had a great year and will probably bow out as a good footballer. Gavin Teague is quality and too is Matthew Brady. Shay McGuigan doesn't possess what Brian or Tommy had at their age so I predict an average division 1 team and mid table from here on in. Carmen should have beat Clonoe the 1st day only Caolan Daly retired injured. He is their main forward at present as Mark Donnellys Tyrone career probably destroyed his club year. Big Oz and Gaby McCallan will call it a day.Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer and Paul Daly have been street above the rest this year and if the retire I aslo except Carmen to be midtable as they don't have the men in the forward line. If Omagh win the championship I will eat my hat. ;)

Beavis has been our best forward this Year, whilst Big John is only returning from a year-long injury.

Ginger Wylie is a good friend of mine, but it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to tell you that his days are numbered. Gives the ball away as if he's an English Soccer Midfielder.

Ardboe's problem has always been that the number one priority in the Village is the Drink. Look at Horse, once Mickey Harte dropped him from Tyrone he gave up altogether (I personally blame him responsible for our Championship exit against Cookstown back in 2007).

We're gonna have to take at least 5 Years to rebuild.

Hi - lay of the Horse he's a Tone now!  ;D

I always believed Ardboe's biggest problem was club unity - its been a split club for years! I'm looking from a distance so I apologise if that observation is wrong!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 29, 2011, 11:21:22 AM
Snippet, Omagh are due to play an average Dromore team but his average Dromore team will have the steel to cut out Ronan O'Neill and Conan Grugan, something Coalisland didn't possess on Saturday. I do think Clonoe will win the championship hands down. Men like Shane O'Hagan will get better an McNulty is probably the best midfielder in the county. Brady and Burke could handle that Omagh forward line the same way Carrickmore did last year. Omagh Clonoe final and you can take that to the bank. Story is where to from here for Carmen and Ardboe? Frank McGuigan, John McConville are on their way out, along side Gavin Wylie and Ciaran Campbell. Frank had a great year and will probably bow out as a good footballer. Gavin Teague is quality and too is Matthew Brady. Shay McGuigan doesn't possess what Brian or Tommy had at their age so I predict an average division 1 team and mid table from here on in. Carmen should have beat Clonoe the 1st day only Caolan Daly retired injured. He is their main forward at present as Mark Donnellys Tyrone career probably destroyed his club year. Big Oz and Gaby McCallan will call it a day.Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer and Paul Daly have been street above the rest this year and if the retire I aslo except Carmen to be midtable as they don't have the men in the forward line. If Omagh win the championship I will eat my hat. ;)

Beavis has been our best forward this Year, whilst Big John is only returning from a year-long injury.

Ginger Wylie is a good friend of mine, but it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to tell you that his days are numbered. Gives the ball away as if he's an English Soccer Midfielder.

Ardboe's problem has always been that the number one priority in the Village is the Drink. Look at Horse, once Mickey Harte dropped him from Tyrone he gave up altogether (I personally blame him responsible for our Championship exit against Cookstown back in 2007).

I always believed Ardboe's biggest problem was club unity - its been a split club for years! I'm looking from a distance so I apologise if that observation is wrong!

Some very lazy analysis here.

To suggest that the reason Ardboe lost to Dromore is because of players drinking is insulting to players who put in a big effort. They train collectively, individually and sacrafice lots to play.  There will be the odd player who slips through the net as they enjoy the night life but there is not a club in the country any different.

Ardboe like every other club have had factions within it at different stages over the years but again there is no issue there.

As for the original poster not exactly sure what they are basing their analysis on.  Frank McGuigan was outstanding all year and has been one of the very best club players in Tyrone in the modern era, he is far from finished and looks fitter now than ever.  Ciaran Campbell in only about 25/6 so again hardly finished.  To compare Shay McGuigan to Brian or Tommy is unfair as not many 21 yr olds were in the same league as Brian was at 21 plus Shay would have another year to go to even reach 21 as he is U21 next year too.

If ardboe are an average mid table team then Tyrone club football will be in a very robust state.

Dell

Sensible post loughshore lad. I think Coleman heading to the states was the difference this year even though he was back in time for champ. Before he left he was playing excellent and Ardboe were going very well had he continued his form I think they would have beaten Dromore. Seperate issue is there an actual offence for goading a player or verbal abuse? What is it and what is its punishment? Never seems to b one refs use.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

ExcellentDriver

This is one of the main reasons that Football's demographic is Rural. The Town Clubs tend to favour the sons of the Professionals (Doctors, Chemists, Solicitors, etc) ahead of a more talented average Joe. That average Joe then switched his attention to Soccer. In the Rural areas, the Club is the Heartbeat of the area and is a unifying force. However, feudalism is creeping into the Rural areas as many Culchies ended up in a successful profession/trade and there is an 'In it for yourself' attitude prevalent.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 29, 2011, 03:59:47 PM

This is one of the main reasons that Football's demographic is Rural. The Town Clubs tend to favour the sons of the Professionals (Doctors, Chemists, Solicitors, etc) ahead of a more talented average Joe. That average Joe then switched his attention to Soccer. In the Rural areas, the Club is the Heartbeat of the area and is a unifying force. However, feudalism is creeping into the Rural areas as many Culchies ended up in a successful profession/trade and there is an 'In it for yourself' attitude prevalent.

WTF????  :D :D :D

loughshore lad

Quote from: Dell on September 29, 2011, 03:46:06 PM
Sensible post loughshore lad. I think Coleman heading to the states was the difference this year even though he was back in time for champ. Before he left he was playing excellent and Ardboe were going very well had he continued his form I think they would have beaten Dromore. Seperate issue is there an actual offence for goading a player or verbal abuse? What is it and what is its punishment? Never seems to b one refs use.

Coleman and Ciaran Campbell both went for the summer so that was 2 potential senior players away, Nishy O'Neill was the top scorer and had been playing very well all year but got injured and was also another blow but thats football - all the other teams left in the championship can point to players missing and injured as well.  There is very little between those top 7 or 8 teams.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM

I was in Ardara during the Summer and was talking to a guy originally from there who played Soccer in the US League in the Early 80's. He had issues with the GAA because he was overlooked for not coming from a well-off Family. The same was true with places such as Cookstown here.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Up The Middle

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 29, 2011, 09:48:20 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM

I was in Ardara during the Summer and was talking to a guy originally from there who played Soccer in the US League in the Early 80's. He had issues with the GAA because he was overlooked for not coming from a well-off Family. The same was true with places such as Cookstown here.

Are you stoned?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

winghalfback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 30, 2011, 12:56:12 AM
Updated odds for the Tyrone SFC. Hughes bet, A McLean and Toals yet to update odds so are not included.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club        | PPow    | Ladb    | Will    | Byle    | Hugh    | AmcL    | Toal    |
Clonoe        | 6/4    | 5/6    | 5/4    | 11/10    | */*    | */*    | */*    |
Derrylaughan    | 10/1    | 14/1    | 12/1    | 14/1    | */*    | */*    | */*    |
Dromore        | 9/4    | 5/2    | 9/4    | 21/10    | */*    | */*    | */*    |
Omagh        | 15/8    | 11/4    | 9/4    | 5/2    | */*    | */*    | */*    |

PPow - Paddy Power
Ladb - Ladbrokes
Will - William Hill
Byle - Boyle Sports
Hugh - Hughes Bet
AMcL - A McLean
Toal - Toals

Best laugh i have had all week Clonoe odds on with ladbrokes to be outright winners

KIDDO 4

Clonoe v Derrylaghun  4.30pm Sat Oct 8th , Dungannon, Dromore v Omagh 4.30pm Sunday Oct 9TH Pomeroy , bothgames preceeded by reserve championship finals .

Put A Name On Er

Quote from: winghalfback on September 30, 2011, 10:51:01 AM
Updated odds for the Tyrone SFC. Hughes bet, A McLean and Toals yet to update odds so are not included.

Club        | PPow    | Ladb    | Will    | Byle    | Hugh    | AmcL    | Toal    |
Clonoe        | 6/4    | 5/6    | 5/4    | 11/10    | */*    | */*    | */*    |
Derrylaughan    | 10/1    | 14/1    | 12/1    | 14/1    | */*    | */*    | */*    |
Dromore        | 9/4    | 5/2    | 9/4    | 21/10    | */*    | */*    | */*    |

PPow - Paddy Power
Ladb - Ladbrokes
Will - William Hill
Byle - Boyle Sports
Hugh - Hughes Bet
AMcL - A McLean
Toal - Toals

Best laugh i have had all week Clonoe odds on with ladbrokes to be outright winners

Surely cant be that much of a laugh, seeing as Clonoe are in the semi-final and playing a weaker senior team? Also if you care to take a quick look at the league table they are 2nd!
Some people are very strange, either that or of limited mental capacity.

aChairde

Quote from: winghalfback on September 30, 2011, 10:51:01 AM

PPow - Paddy Power
Ladb - Ladbrokes
Will - William Hill
Byle - Boyle Sports
Hugh - Hughes Bet
AMcL - A McLean
Toal - Toals

What odds would you give? I think on this one I will certainly agree with the bookies. Clonoe are as close as you can get in a football match to dead certs in terms of reaching the final and of the three top teams left have been most consistant all year. They also have the know how from 09 and have great depth in their panel. Their excellent fitness and will to win was shown in the QF against another top club. In my opinion they are marginal favourites with Dromore and Omagh very closely behind (In reality any of the three could win it and I wouldn't be suprised). Derrylaughen are complete outsiders and considering their players and supporters seem to have already accepted that they have had a successful season then they will have reached the end of the road.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 30, 2011, 11:15:00 AM
Clonoe v Derrylaghun  4.30pm Sat Oct 8th , Dungannon, Dromore v Omagh 4.30pm Sunday Oct 9TH Pomeroy , bothgames preceeded by reserve championship finals .

If Clonoe reserves win their semi tomorrow afternoon surely they'll not be asked to play in final on same day as the seniors are in their semi. Although stranger things have happened.

Same thing applies to county final. IF (and it's a big IF achairde so I'm not being arrogant here!!) Clonoe get to county final will our minors be expected to play their final on the same undercard??
First on the field and last to leave