Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 13, 2011, 07:30:49 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 13, 2011, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: stalwart on September 13, 2011, 10:57:26 AM
terrible goings on between brackaville and drumquin, young boy in bad shape

Read something about this in the Irish News. Anybody know exactly what happened or who was involved. What sort of injuries we talking here?
From what I've heard on the ground here about the incident, the Drumquin teenager and the player from Brackaville were getting involved in some niggly stuff off the ball a few minutes beforehand, and whatever happened led to the Brackaville player grabbing his opponent around his groin area and pulled away. Drumquin lad fell straight down on the pitch in agony and there was significant blood flow nearly straight away. When they managed to get him to the sideline to be treated, the player saw what had happened to him - not to get into too much gory detail but a part of his genitalia was torn (which required the stitches in question in the reports) and through that and the pain, he fainted. He ended up going to the Erne Hospital for treatment. Whatever the Drumquin player did beforehand, the actions of the Brackaville player is something I would only expect from a sc**bag.

its a awful handlin alright but the thing i find strange is that noone in the brackaville club knew anything of this i was talking to a few prominent men in their club since this news broke at the weekend and they told me that they knew nothing about it and that they spent time around drumquinn club after the game and nothing was mentioned about it. obviously if something like that happened you would think there would be something more made of it than waiting 2 weeks and going to the irish news and the psni instead of contacting the other club involved.

winghalfback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 13, 2011, 10:12:36 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 13, 2011, 09:41:20 PM

Read something about this in the Irish News. Anybody know exactly what happened or who was involved. What sort of injuries we talking here?
From what I've heard on the ground here about the incident, the Drumquin teenager and the player from Brackaville were getting involved in some niggly stuff off the ball a few minutes beforehand, and whatever happened led to the Brackaville player grabbing his opponent around his groin area and pulled away. Drumquin lad fell straight down on the pitch in agony and there was significant blood flow nearly straight away. When they managed to get him to the sideline to be treated, the player saw what had happened to him - not to get into too much gory detail but a part of his genitalia was torn (which required the stitches in question in the reports) and through that and the pain, he fainted. He ended up going to the Erne Hospital for treatment. Whatever the Drumquin player did beforehand, the actions of the Brackaville player is something I would only expect from a sc**bag.

its a awful handlin alright but the thing i find strange is that noone in the brackaville club knew anything of this i was talking to a few prominent men in their club since this news broke at the weekend and they told me that they knew nothing about it and that they spent time around drumquinn club after the game and nothing was mentioned about it. obviously if something like that happened you would think there would be something more made of it than waiting 2 weeks and going to the irish news and the psni instead of contacting the other club involved.
I did hear about the story a couple of days before the Irish News got hold of it. It first came into the open when the incident was mentioned in the Drumquin club notes but they didn't go into specifics. I don't know if someone went to the Irish News or the Irish News went to them, or when the police have became involved in the matter.

I come from a school of thought that the police should not be involved in gaa matters but i do believe that the powers that be in the gaa should sort this matter out and the player should face a very hefty suspension i just think that getting the police involved stinks it

Rocky Mc Guigan

This school of thought belongs in the last millennium. This is the 21st century and thuggery and assaults which would lead one to a trip up the courthouse steps if they took place on the street, shouldn't be classed as 'part of the game'.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 13, 2011, 10:27:33 PM
This school of thought belongs in the last millennium. This is the 21st century and thuggery and assaults which would lead one to a trip up the courthouse steps if they took place on the street, shouldn't be classed as 'part of the game'.

No one should be allowed to get away from justice simply because it happened "on the field". but the problem for GAA is to make it unacceptable for this to happen, its simply a culture we have in the game of "do what you can get away with" it seems
First on the field and last to leave

winghalfback

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2011, 10:30:58 PM
As if it wasn't 'stinking' before the peelers were involved. An asshole who does something like that deserves everything he gets.
whilst i agree that they deserve everything they get i dont think a moments madness on the field should destroy a lads future as regards to employment in the future and things like that, a lifetime playing ban would be suffice would it not.

Puckoon

Then you're a fool. Sports are not an outlet for assault.

winghalfback

Quote from: Puckoon on September 13, 2011, 11:12:34 PM

must be a fool alright but i still dont agree with the police being involved with incidences in the gaa the way you talk every of the ball incident or field fight should be investigated by the police if there is someone injured. catch yourself on im sure the lad didnt mean to do the damage he done and i know it was a sick disgusting act but no more so than a man getting a box from behind and gettin his jaw broke or anything else that happens on the pitch i really dont agree with police involvement in gaa matters like this. end of discussion.

Puckoon

Quote from: winghalfback on September 13, 2011, 11:38:32 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 13, 2011, 11:12:34 PM

must be a fool alright but i still dont agree with the police being involved with incidences in the gaa the way you talk every of the ball incident or field fight should be investigated by the police if there is someone injured. catch yourself on im sure the lad didnt mean to do the damage he done and i know it was a sick disgusting act but no more so than a man getting a box from behind and gettin his jaw broke or anything else that happens on the pitch i really dont agree with police involvement in gaa matters like this. end of discussion.

So you don't think if you break a mans jaw in the sporting arena that you should face charges?

That you should just walk away scott free?

EDIT - The poor fermanagh lad who was in a coma after going out to play ball for the summer. Well his assailant isnt being chargeed because no one will come forward. A much better play in my opinon would be that had he known full well that his actions would land him in court to face the full extent of the law - then Mark McGrath might not have been on deaths door.

Moortown Spuds

Did Mickey Rea not go to the RUC regarding a dig in the mouth he got against Aghyaran while playing for Brackaville at the time?

Up The Middle

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 14, 2011, 08:02:41 AM
Did Mickey Rea not go to the RUC regarding a dig in the mouth he got against Aghyaran while playing for Brackaville at the time?

Think he got a knock on the door and it all mysteriously went away ::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

nrico2006

Quote from: winghalfback on September 13, 2011, 10:18:00 PM

I did hear about the story a couple of days before the Irish News got hold of it. It first came into the open when the incident was mentioned in the Drumquin club notes but they didn't go into specifics. I don't know if someone went to the Irish News or the Irish News went to them, or when the police have became involved in the matter.

I come from a school of thought that the police should not be involved in gaa matters but i do believe that the powers that be in the gaa should sort this matter out and the player should face a very hefty suspension i just think that getting the police involved stinks it

A suspension is hardly a real punishment compared to what someone who committed this crime should/would get in court.  I laugh at people who think its ok to let the GAA deal with these issues.  What happened the perpetrator(s) of the assaults at the ladies final a few weeks ago - did they get those big bad suspensions?  They probably don't even f**king play.  I am sure there are players out there who are really deterred from hitting someone a sly drive or a boot to the head because of the threat of a suspension hanging over them.  If they knew they were going to go to court/jail then maybe the scumbags would think twice.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Radda bout yeee

Is it just the way I read it or were the Tyrone fixtures really messed up in Irish News yesterday?
When are the championship remaining rounds and replays fixed for?

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 14, 2011, 09:05:53 AM

A suspension is hardly a real punishment compared to what someone who committed this crime should/would get in court.  I laugh at people who think its ok to let the GAA deal with these issues.  What happened the perpetrator(s) of the assaults at the ladies final a few weeks ago - did they get those big bad suspensions?  They probably don't even f**king play.  I am sure there are players out there who are really deterred from hitting someone a sly drive or a boot to the head because of the threat of a suspension hanging over them.  If they knew they were going to go to court/jail then maybe the scumbags would think twice.

I think if County Board carried through with threats of field closures/massive fines on the club of players found to be acting so far out of line, then the players, managers, trainers, clubs would act collectively to ensure people likely to carry out unacceptable acts are not given a game. maybe this is the best way to learn young fellas not to be at this nonsense
First on the field and last to leave

winghalfback

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 14, 2011, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 14, 2011, 09:05:53 AM

I think if County Board carried through with threats of field closures/massive fines on the club of players found to be acting so far out of line, then the players, managers, trainers, clubs would act collectively to ensure people likely to carry out unacceptable acts are not given a game. maybe this is the best way to learn young fellas not to be at this nonsense

this is exacltly the measures im talkin about the clubs players everyone would be punished for the act and for that noone could hide away

Tommo2

Has anyone any idea when or if the U21 football championship is going to be played this year?