Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

missed the gortin game  >:( as i'm on holidays at the moment. seemed like a real ding dong affair though! i guess gortin arent the first side to find out that the harps are a different animal come championship! ;D

Wee Roddy

I literally cant wait to this Sunday's game. Errigal will love people tipping Carmen i would say.
I would be very happy with Carrickmores progress. We are not big at the back but everyone off them can hit hard. Up front it depends on the supply, but I would be happy that we could at least break even around the middle to get decent ball to the full forward line.
Errigal will play a defensive game and break at speed. I have a feeling McBride will  give someone a  job togo man to man on Petey Harte at centre half forward. I hope its a good evening.

Sanchez

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 22, 2011, 05:40:13 PM
Wrong-Prior to the weekends exit from the championship a Eglish player proclaimed that Greencastle were granted points and that this was a long standing arrangement between the two clubs. He also said that Derrlaughan would be gifted two points in the final league game! Maybe this lie down and take it up the ass approach had an influence on their performance yesterday?

Of course now the final league game is a no contest as Derrylaughan successfully dealt with Cookstown, and i fully expect them to secure survival against Eglish. Will the magician Morrison be on the line? Will the valentines card be changed for a farewell or deepest sympathy card?

Absolute brown!!! I am an Eglish player and i can tell you that we granted no one points. The Greencastle was approached like any other game we'd played all year and we were beaten because we were complacent and Greencastle wanted it more. I'd like to find out though who this player you were talking to is as he seems to be working as somewhat of a double agent!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Sanchez on August 23, 2011, 11:17:33 AM
Wrong-Prior to the weekends exit from the championship a Eglish player proclaimed that Greencastle were granted points and that this was a long standing arrangement between the two clubs. He also said that Derrlaughan would be gifted two points in the final league game! Maybe this lie down and take it up the ass approach had an influence on their performance yesterday?

Of course now the final league game is a no contest as Derrylaughan successfully dealt with Cookstown, and i fully expect them to secure survival against Eglish. Will the magician Morrison be on the line? Will the valentines card be changed for a farewell or deepest sympathy card?

Absolute brown!!! I am an Eglish player and i can tell you that we granted no one points. The Greencastle was approached like any other game we'd played all year and we were beaten because we were complacent and Greencastle wanted it more. I'd like to find out though who this player you were talking to is as he seems to be working as somewhat of a double agent!
Seems to me you may be something of a double agent yourself. You say you're an Eglish player yet you list your club as Dungannon!!LOL

aChairde

A lot of talk of points being 'given'. This is nonsense!! Would Moortown contact killyclogher, Derrylaughan contact local Coalisland and Greencastle contact Eglish begging for points. No chance, they are three proud clubs and the fact of the matter is they have more to loose than the teams who are safe in these games. I think thesse accusations are a weak attempt to give teams who are safe some further motivation. WISE UP!!!!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: aChairde on August 23, 2011, 12:18:46 PM
A lot of talk of points being 'given'. This is nonsense!! Would Moortown contact killyclogher, Derrylaughan contact local Coalisland and Greencastle contact Eglish begging for points. No chance, they are three proud clubs and the fact of the matter is they have more to loose than the teams who are safe in these games. I think thesse accusations are a weak attempt to give teams who are safe some further motivation. WISE UP!!!!

You have a very innocent perspective on this. And yes Derrylaughan did get points of Coalisland. The dogs on the street know if FFS! The county boards next challenge is to devise a system where every game is competitive and that teams don't honour long standing arrangements of throwing points when needed. Not that it will help us. We are dead and buried-we will have to win the championship instead! :D Sanchez as rocky highlighted-are you not a Clarkes man?

snippets

Jeez lads lay off each other.  Each position gained such add to championship seeding for the following year and then no points will be given. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Sanchez

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 23, 2011, 12:06:43 PM
Quote from: Sanchez on August 23, 2011, 11:17:33 AM

Seems to me you may be something of a double agent yourself. You say you're an Eglish player yet you list your club as Dungannon!!LOL

Fear not Rocky, I am an Eglish man to the core. Just exiled in the metropolis of Dungannon.

aChairde

Rumours before derrylaughan v coalisland locally were that they were throwing points and I believed this and thought it was a disgrace. An extremely reliable source however said that Coalisland could only field 5 of last years team because of boys in states, it being a starred game, 1 fella being on hols and 2 boys coming back from injury. Coalisland apparently brought these 2 boys on fairly early in the game, risking them when they didnt appear to have to. Coalisland players were also close to bother for remonstrating with ref at half time. This doesnt sound like a team who threw points, the Moy also beat them a week later and a number of teams, yourselves included spuds ran them close or took 'competitive' points. Perfectly reasonable to assume that Derrylaugern cud beat them too when they were unavoidably even weaker.

time_for_a_swift_half

Why wouldn't he be along the line. Eglish have shown that of the three teams to come up from Division Two, that they are the one most capable of remaining there for the foreseeable future. Unlike like yourselves Spuds, Eglish have identified the League as their priority. I'm quite sure they were disappointed not to beat yourselves but on the other hand will be satisfied with their years work in Division One.
Lick Them!

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: time_for_a_swift_half on August 23, 2011, 05:23:34 PM

Why wouldn't he be along the line. Eglish have shown that of the three teams to come up from Division Two, that they are the one most capable of remaining there for the foreseeable future. Unlike like yourselves Spuds, Eglish have identified the League as their priority. I'm quite sure they were disappointed not to beat yourselves but on the other hand will be satisfied with their years work in Division One.

Are you sure? Theres a bit of a fall out already it seems with some calling for management to leave over the ever secure medium of facebook. If you are happy with your management and year's progress would you ask for him to leave? :/ Nodoubt Eglish have done quite well in the league but my point all along was gifting points and agreeing to gift points to others in the lead up to their biggest game of the year led to a defeatist attitude withing the squad. Moortown sensed this and went for the jugular! Quite brilliantly.

time_for_a_swift_half

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 23, 2011, 05:53:48 PM
Quote from: time_for_a_swift_half on August 23, 2011, 05:23:34 PM

Are you sure? Theres a bit of a fall out already it seems with some calling for management to leave over the ever secure medium of facebook. If you are happy with your management and year's progress would you ask for him to leave? :/ Nodoubt Eglish have done quite well in the league but my point all along was gifting points and agreeing to gift points to others in the lead up to their biggest game of the year led to a defeatist attitude withing the squad. Moortown sensed this and went for the jugular! Quite brilliantly.

Get over yourself. I really see you'se going far with your current management team. And to say you'se sensed trouble with your management is laughable. Fourteen league games played and a few days before the Championship. You'se have only won two league games this year. Going for the 'jugular' at this point seems quite futile. Moortown will not win the Championship and are the very unlikely to remain in Division One.
I would quite possibly have commended you going for the 'jugular' at an earlier stage. Not now!
Lick Them!

EC Unique

This thread is away to f**k! Slagging sessions should be taken to hogan stand.  >:(

time_for_a_swift_half

Quote from: EC Unique on August 23, 2011, 09:41:53 PM
This thread is away to f**k! Slagging sessions should be taken to hogan stand.  >:(

I think you misunderstand the meaning of a forum. It's not somewhere for people to state an opinion that everyone else must agree with. A forum is a place for open and frank discussion. I really don't think people have been offended, and if they have they need to take a look at themselves. Opinions of faceless people shouldn't rile anyone.
Lick Them!

dulaman

John Morrison no longer Eglish manager.