Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dulaman

Morrison left of his own free will. Stated that he had no gripe with any of the players and left his best wishes with the club for the remainder of the year and for 2012.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Tommo2 on August 24, 2011, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: scout on August 24, 2011, 10:41:48 AM
can't see coalisland repeating their heroics from last year, unless they get a right few of their squad back, though i still think they'll overcome killyclogher! and yes seen dromore once this year, thought they looked very impressive, very low-key/under the readar approach this year. this might suit them. ardboe have struggled this year for consistency, greencastle will give them a game, but ardbow will prevail! maybe even a moortown-ardboe QF wouldnt be too bad!

I heard that Coalisland have all their players back from the states and should be at full stregth for the championship. Therefore, they should be in with a good shout.
Doubtful if returning Coalisland players will be eligible to line out for them

gaelic

The big championship weekend is hoting up and what better way to start it than with Dromore and the Moy. Dromore will be eager to push on from Tyrone victories and land an Ulster title. Collie McCullagh, Eoin McCusker and Sean O'Neill are all quality players and throw in Ricey Mc'mean'amin and Ronan McNabb who would want to meet them never mind think they could beat them. Fabian O'Neill and Mickey Garr both know what its like to win championships as too does Paddy Montague and Keith O'Hara. The Moy are without Sean Kavanagh and i feel this will inspire the men from the Armagh border. Ryan Mellon and the promising Colm Kavanagh will be eager to do this 1 for their captain. Karol McQuaid and Philip Jordan are experienced players and will be keen to get  1 over the Dromore men of West Tyrone. Dromore will have too much strength there, a fromidable midfield and running forward line i expect them to progree with 7 to spare.
Next up is our fancy county champions Coalisland and the under achievers Killyclogher. Having watched Omagh win various underage titles i expect Killyclogher will want to produce some form of goods soon. Dermot Carlin and his brother James are good footballers and throw in Leo Meean and his brother Conor nobody would want to mark them. Marty Swift showed what he can do with the ball once or twice with Tyrone this year and will be sure to surge up the Healy Park. Brian Meenan has won a medal himself and knows the desire a player and indeed squad will need going into this game as favourites. Jerome McElroy has this game and Meenan knows him in particular. Damian Meenan is a massive loss to any team never mind Killyclogher, he kept them in last years quarter final with braces from out the field. Coalisland finished mid table in the league but who would even have given them half a chance without their captain Plunkett Kane, Philip Toner, Niall Kerr, Brian Toner, Niall Fox and Liam Wylie opting to leave the dole que and head to the States. Injuries also hampered their season too with Tiarnan O'Hagan and Steven Curran injured. Stephen McNally and Patrick McNeice are both performing to their abilites and throw in the returning Brian Toner who knows what will happen. If Coalisland get through this 1 i expect them to be back, flights land in from Logan Airport next week and these boys will be keen to show they didnt disown their club, they will be fresh, Kane will want to be the 1st Coalisland player to lift back to back O'Neill cups and Kerr after being skipper of the Boston champions McAnespies it was not a Mickey Mouse league afterall.
Donaghmore taken on big guns Omagh. The McMahons will want to put their utter embarrassment of getting personal skinnings in Croker behind them and show they do care bout their club. Jason McAnulla in full forward was brilliant in the whole of last years championship as too was Conor O'Donnell and young Dean O'Neill in the half back line. The youth of Conan Grugan, Stephen Mullan and Ronan O'Neill are a joy to watch. Grugan did damage against Ardboe last year on Gavin Teague who would be regarded as top centre back in Tyrone. Conal McElholm has been about a number off years and can get the direct ball in to where he wants it to go. Cathal McCarron has the best feet in Tyrone at the present time. They are good but do they have the gut? Donaghmore rely too much on wee Shane Mulgrew and its a good thing he didnt opt for soccer with his cousin Niall McGinn or Donaghmore would be in the intermediate table. Niall McKenna is a big player for them and Damian McCaul.
Edendork brings Arboe and Greencastle on Sunday afternoon. Is it David versus Goaliath. I dont think so. Ardboe are very inconsistent. Having been the only team to beat Carrickmore this season then to loose to bottom of the table Cookstown tells its own tale. They rely too much on Kyle Coney up front and his bum chum Shay McGuigan. Frank McGuigan is not the player he was but Brian still is and so is Tommy. Gavin Teague and Matty Brady are 2 good young players and big John McConville adds that bit of steel to the wee men from the loughshore. Moortown winning last weekend will make Ardboe more keen to win as it would not be good for the eager down there.
The big clash is Errigal against Carrickmore. Everybody is saying Carmen but i think Errigal. Peter Canavan is too cute for Carrickmore, he will expose them in everyway he knows possible by winning midfield. A runner on Conor Gormley and a defensive man on Gaby McCallan he knows how to rise Gaby McCallan and have him sitting out on the sideline with him. I expect Aidan McCrory to pick of young Kaolan Daly who is their man of the moment and Cormac McGinley on Mark Donnelly on the edge of the sqaure. Brian Mullan may be given the task of picking up target man Kevin McNally. Errigal will probably have a man sit on top to cover the supply to Daly and Donnelly. Colm McGurk will have his hands full trying to pick up the on form Enda McGinley and i expect Carmen to send Paul Hughes after Peter Harte and Ciaran McAleer to man the middle from centre back. Ronan McCrory and Ciaran McGinley are men who can score and add in the Tierneys Stefan and Caolan then Michael Slane and Benny McLaughlin have to be reeling. Errigal to be 4 up with 5 mins to go and to run down the clock as they are better footballers than Carrickmore.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Didn't realise there was a book of cliches doing the rounds

wheres he takin er from

First on the field and last to leave

rrhf

Surely you've missed somebody out there.

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2011, 08:25:00 PM
Surely you've missed somebody out there.
FC sake dont encourage him.

LeoMc

Quote from: time_for_a_swift_half on August 23, 2011, 10:24:17 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 23, 2011, 09:41:53 PM
This thread is away to f**k! Slagging sessions should be taken to hogan stand.  >:(

I think you misunderstand the meaning of a forum. It's not somewhere for people to state an opinion that everyone else must agree with. A forum is a place for open and frank discussion. I really don't think people have been offended, and if they have they need to take a look at themselves. Opinions of faceless people shouldn't rile anyone.
or childish bickering..

KIDDO 4

Trillick 1.11 ,Derrylaughun2.8  Tyrone league in Trillick tonight .

gethimaf

Quote from: gaelic on August 24, 2011, 05:41:46 PM
The big championship weekend is hoting up and what better way to start it than with Dromore and the Moy. Dromore will be eager to push on from Tyrone victories and land an Ulster title. Collie McCullagh, Eoin McCusker and Sean O'Neill are all quality players and throw in Ricey Mc'mean'amin and Ronan McNabb who would want to meet them never mind think they could beat them. Fabian O'Neill and Mickey Garr both know what its like to win championships as too does Paddy Montague and Keith O'Hara. The Moy are without Sean Kavanagh and i feel this will inspire the men from the Armagh border. Ryan Mellon and the promising Colm Kavanagh will be eager to do this 1 for their captain. Karol McQuaid and Philip Jordan are experienced players and will be keen to get  1 over the Dromore men of West Tyrone. Dromore will have too much strength there, a fromidable midfield and running forward line i expect them to progree with 7 to spare.
Next up is our fancy county champions Coalisland and the under achievers Killyclogher. Having watched Omagh win various underage titles i expect Killyclogher will want to produce some form of goods soon. Dermot Carlin and his brother James are good footballers and throw in Leo Meean and his brother Conor nobody would want to mark them. Marty Swift showed what he can do with the ball once or twice with Tyrone this year and will be sure to surge up the Healy Park. Brian Meenan has won a medal himself and knows the desire a player and indeed squad will need going into this game as favourites. Jerome McElroy has this game and Meenan knows him in particular. Damian Meenan is a massive loss to any team never mind Killyclogher, he kept them in last years quarter final with braces from out the field. Coalisland finished mid table in the league but who would even have given them half a chance without their captain Plunkett Kane, Philip Toner, Niall Kerr, Brian Toner, Niall Fox and Liam Wylie opting to leave the dole que and head to the States. Injuries also hampered their season too with Tiarnan O'Hagan and Steven Curran injured. Stephen McNally and Patrick McNeice are both performing to their abilites and throw in the returning Brian Toner who knows what will happen. If Coalisland get through this 1 i expect them to be back, flights land in from Logan Airport next week and these boys will be keen to show they didnt disown their club, they will be fresh, Kane will want to be the 1st Coalisland player to lift back to back O'Neill cups and Kerr after being skipper of the Boston champions McAnespies it was not a Mickey Mouse league afterall.
Donaghmore taken on big guns Omagh. The McMahons will want to put their utter embarrassment of getting personal skinnings in Croker behind them and show they do care bout their club. Jason McAnulla in full forward was brilliant in the whole of last years championship as too was Conor O'Donnell and young Dean O'Neill in the half back line. The youth of Conan Grugan, Stephen Mullan and Ronan O'Neill are a joy to watch. Grugan did damage against Ardboe last year on Gavin Teague who would be regarded as top centre back in Tyrone. Conal McElholm has been about a number off years and can get the direct ball in to where he wants it to go. Cathal McCarron has the best feet in Tyrone at the present time. They are good but do they have the gut? Donaghmore rely too much on wee Shane Mulgrew and its a good thing he didnt opt for soccer with his cousin Niall McGinn or Donaghmore would be in the intermediate table. Niall McKenna is a big player for them and Damian McCaul.
Edendork brings Arboe and Greencastle on Sunday afternoon. Is it David versus Goaliath. I dont think so. Ardboe are very inconsistent. Having been the only team to beat Carrickmore this season then to loose to bottom of the table Cookstown tells its own tale. They rely too much on Kyle Coney up front and his bum chum Shay McGuigan. Frank McGuigan is not the player he was but Brian still is and so is Tommy. Gavin Teague and Matty Brady are 2 good young players and big John McConville adds that bit of steel to the wee men from the loughshore. Moortown winning last weekend will make Ardboe more keen to win as it would not be good for the eager down there.
The big clash is Errigal against Carrickmore. Everybody is saying Carmen but i think Errigal. Peter Canavan is too cute for Carrickmore, he will expose them in everyway he knows possible by winning midfield. A runner on Conor Gormley and a defensive man on Gaby McCallan he knows how to rise Gaby McCallan and have him sitting out on the sideline with him. I expect Aidan McCrory to pick of young Kaolan Daly who is their man of the moment and Cormac McGinley on Mark Donnelly on the edge of the sqaure. Brian Mullan may be given the task of picking up target man Kevin McNally. Errigal will probably have a man sit on top to cover the supply to Daly and Donnelly. Colm McGurk will have his hands full trying to pick up the on form Enda McGinley and i expect Carmen to send Paul Hughes after Peter Harte and Ciaran McAleer to man the middle from centre back. Ronan McCrory and Ciaran McGinley are men who can score and add in the Tierneys Stefan and Caolan then Michael Slane and Benny McLaughlin have to be reeling. Errigal to be 4 up with 5 mins to go and to run down the clock as they are better footballers than Carrickmore.

Very well informed and accurate. Actually enjoyed reading it. Only problem was Cavanagh with a K, something that gets on my nerves.

barelegs

Couple of interesting scenario's developing now in both league tables.

Bottom of Division 1.

Derrylaughan- 9
Moy- 9
Moortown- 4
Cookstown-4

Should the table finish like this the tie breakers to decide who is automatically relegated and who enters the relegations playoffs as laid out in the CCCs regulations at the start of the year are as follows.

Quote20. In the event of teams finishing level on points Rule 6.22 (5) (c) of T. O. 2010 will apply.

Rule 6.22 (5) (c) in the GAA's Official Guide states
Qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the
order specified:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;

(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);

(iii) Highest Total Score For;

(iv) A Play-Off.

Exceptions to (c):
(1) In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by a Play-Off.
(2) Regulations (i), (ii) and (iii) shall not apply to under 16 or younger age grade competitions.

If that were the case Moortown hold the head to head over Cookstown and Cookstown would be automatically down.

Derrylaughan and the Moy drew their league game and at the minute Derrylaughan have a superior points difference. Moy would meet Moortown in the relegation playoff.

In Division 2 were Edendork and the Rock may well end up tied at the top Edendork won their league game and would be automatically promoted should they win the last game.

Wee Roddy

I am sure Kyle Coney is glad to know he has a bum chum in Tommy McGuigan ::)
I wouldnt say that rant is that well informed or accurate. To start at the beginning, who is Keith O'Hara, now who would want to mark him???
How well does Brian Meenan know Jerome McElroy exactly?
Is Dean O'Neill young?
Is Colm McGurk marking Enda McGinley?

tyrone86

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 25, 2011, 08:03:04 AM
I wouldnt say that rant is that well informed or accurate. To start at the beginning, who is Keith O'Hara, now who would want to mark him???

Probably some relation of Kaolan Daly

new devil

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 25, 2011, 08:03:04 AM
I am sure Kyle Coney is glad to know he has a bum chum in Tommy McGuigan ::)
How well does Brian Meenan know Jerome McElroy exactly?
Is Dean O'Neill young?
Is Colm McGurk marking Enda McGinley?

:D :D Thought the same Roddy...And ffs man use some paragraphs  :D

Club Rossa

The wee men from the Loughshore are up against it this Sunday.Hopefully the bum chum's can pull us through.