Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 12, 2008, 04:34:27 PM
Quote from: Rois on November 12, 2008, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on November 11, 2008, 10:47:36 PM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9820

The clubs are revolting; the proposed fundraiser has apparently been vetoed by the masses. Melodrama isn't my forte but R.I.P. Garvaghy, we hardly knew ye.

Did this happen last night?  Disappointed I have to say.  But to say it's dead is a bit of a knee jerk reaction surely? 

I might have been a bit facetious. It's certainly not dead, and the clubs are going to have to fund their share of the project in some way but it'll looks like it's back to the proverbial drawing board.

However, also arising out of last night's meeting, a former leading light in Club Tyrone seems to be doing his best to parody one of the grumpy old men.

A club Tyrone man scorned ??? Worse than a woman scorned.

Rois

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 12, 2008, 04:34:27 PM

However, also arising out of last night's meeting, a former leading light in Club Tyrone seems to be doing his best to parody one of the grumpy old men.

Which one?

aroundincircles

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 11, 2008, 09:09:06 AM
A couple of things lads

* Orangeman why would you think Carmen are going to throw the points to Errigal ;)

*  tyrone86 you are in fact correct, Carrickmore had no minors when they won the    
     county minor title in 2004

* my source could be wrong but I think that Carrickmore had no representatives on the Tyrone panel in 1999 when the O'Neill cup rested in Carrickmore. Seamus McCallan toed and froed from 1998 to early 2003 but I dont think he was in the squad in 1999        

checked a programe ulster championship v fermanagh 27/6/1999   subs seamus mc callen ciaran loughren and ronan mc garrity

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: billy the kid on November 12, 2008, 11:56:08 AM
Championship should be straight knock-out, 1 chance or your gone, that was always the beauty of it, and what made it feel so special if you won it.

And how would you know how special it feels Billy?   :D
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

KIDDO 4

Trillick2.10, Pomeroy2.7, intermediate reserve championship final tonight at Greencastle.

bigfrank

Big year for trillick!! they only 4 games away from Croke Park too!!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 12, 2008, 11:52:53 PM
Trillick2.10, Pomeroy2.7, intermediate reserve championship final tonight at Greencastle.

Jasas the Moy lads will be kicking themselves!

orangeman

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 13, 2008, 07:59:41 AM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 12, 2008, 11:52:53 PM

Jasas the Moy lads will be kicking themselves!

It was a deadly year for big Sean but he could have topped it all by leading Moy to Croke Park -

Goats Do Shave

Trillick Reserves beat Moy reserves, after a last minute goal, in extra time in a replay though also.

Final Whistle

fair play to trillick, showed a fighting spirit which can only be described as admirable.

congrats on a great year!!!

orangeman

I suppose we'll have the inevitable managerial merry go round now - it's the season even though the football season hasn't officially ended.

Any interesting moves out there ????

I know Cassidy is moving to Derry but rumour has it that he will be staying on in some capacity ?.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Yeah Congrats Trillick though I hope we can stop them doing the clean sweep

The big Moy match is on this Sunday in Aughabrack
Anybody got any predictions?

Final Whistle

fuzz, i predict a clanns win with several moy players missing through extenuating circumstances.

love going up to the mountains though.

keep kerlin away from harm, dont want to see a repeat of 2 years ago! remember? ;) ;)

Big Mickey

one point iv noticed lads that everyone seems to be missing regarding a new structure for the leagues is the needs of the club players.

yes nobody likes to be playing matches in november or december but i dont think reducing the number of matches down to 13 would be a good idea. this means that if a team gets beat in the first round of the chamionship then the max number of games a player can play in 14 games a season. thats not enough for a lad who is training from jan to october ( at least).

one solution that nobody seems willing to consider is reducing the 13day rule for county players down to 7 day rule for say example the ulster chamionship  and up to the quarter finals and allow county players to play the week before these games.they have no more chance of getting injured as they have in these supposedly 'intense' inhouses tyrone matches anyway and it would allow a hell of alot more games to be played.

just a thought