Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inobest

I see reserve players being asked to play a championship game on friday night 13th June and a league game on Saturday 14th June. Obviously player welfare is only an issue for the top club and county players????

keeptrying

senior management may have been given some food for thoughts over the performances of some "county players" in championship matches. Players that would be thought of as on next level not really shining and others that maybe should be worthy of mention with county squad, Richie Donnelly should be a consideration. Also a few lads not included with under 21 and minor squads playing for club in senior and intermediate championship could also be questioned as to non inclusion. thoughts?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: inobest on June 05, 2014, 09:57:19 AM
I see reserve players being asked to play a championship game on friday night 13th June and a league game on Saturday 14th June. Obviously player welfare is only an issue for the top club and county players????

Has anyone got that latest fixtures email with the next couple of weeks fixtures listed?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

inobest

A chara
Please see an update from the Adult fixtures secretary.

Sunday June 8th
Div 1 Starred R5
Div 2 No fixtures
Div 3 Starred R1

Tuesday 10th June
U-21 Knockout

Friday 13th June
Reserve Knockout in Div 1 and 2

Saturday 14th June
Div 1 No Fixture
Div 2 Starred R5
Div 3 Starred R2

Tuesday 17th June
U-21 Knockout

Friday  20th June
Reserve Knockout in Div 1 and 2
Div 3 Starred R5 (except Clogher v Tattyreagh)

Sunday 22nd June
Div 1 Starred R1
Div 2 Starred R3
Div 3  Clogher v Tattyreagh only

Tuesday 24th June
U-21 Knockout

Thursday 26th June
JFC
Dregish v Glenelly
Castlederg v Aghaloo

Friday 27th June
JFC
Killyman v Drumragh
Rock V Drumquin
Reserve Knockout Semi Finals in Div 1 and 2

Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th June (Depending on Tyrone Senior Fixture)
JFC
Fintona v Beragh/Errigal Ciaran
Clogher v Owen Roes

Tuesday 1st July
U-21 Knockout

Thursday 3rd July
JFC
Clan na nGael v Brockagh
Tattyreagh v Derrytresk

Friday 4th July
Div 1 Round 4
Div 2  Round 4
Div 3 No Fixture

Sunday 6th July
Div 1 Round 6
Div 2 Round 6
Div 3 Round 8

Tuesday 8th July
U-21 Knockout

Friday 11th July
Div 3 Starred R4
Reserve Knockout  Finals in Div 1 and 2

WT4E

Happened us a few years ago. We had a league match on the Friday - myself and another lad actually had to play in an important match for seniors in league on the Friday night whilst everyone else would have played in the reserve game and then we played in reserve q/final the sat night. It wasn't ideal but I remember thinking that I would rather be doing this than lying waiting for 2 games in 6 weeks!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 04, 2014, 04:54:06 PM
All the red cards issued in the Errigal - Clonoe game were justified!! There can be no arguments

They were justified when the events occurred but if Coly had got a black for his first drag down instead of a yellow he would not have been on the field to receive a red but he would be available against Dromore.
If Patrick and Petey had received yellow earlier and both could justifiably got them on more than one ooccasion, either could (should!) have been off the field earlier we would not have had the scenes we had at the end.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: keeptrying on June 05, 2014, 10:00:18 AM
senior management may have been given some food for thoughts over the performances of some "county players" in championship matches. Players that would be thought of as on next level not really shining and others that maybe should be worthy of mention with county squad, Richie Donnelly should be a consideration. Also a few lads not included with under 21 and minor squads playing for club in senior and intermediate championship could also be questioned as to non inclusion. thoughts?

Mickey Harte is said to be giving Ritchie Donnelly a call the next time Tyrone are playing Killeeshil.

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on June 05, 2014, 10:22:25 AM

Happened us a few years ago. We had a league match on the Friday - myself and another lad actually had to play in an important match for seniors in league on the Friday night whilst everyone else would have played in the reserve game and then we played in reserve q/final the sat night. It wasn't ideal but I remember thinking that I would rather be doing this than lying waiting for 2 games in 6 weeks!!!

Fully agree with this.

Great that there is a set of fixtures to prepare towards. Great work. No reason this couldn't happen all the time all we know when county fixtures are including qualifiers- county draws should be the only spanner in works.

blewuporstuffed

A good article in todays Irish news by Phillip Jordan re: this
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneboi

Yeah to be fair great work by the fixtures committee. By the July holidays there will only be 6 league games remaining and the reserve championship done and dusted in Div 1 and 2 anyway so credit where credit is due.

I sort of take it by that there is a break in fixtures for the July holidays or is that not known yet?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 05, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Yeah to be fair great work by the fixtures committee. By the July holidays there will only be 6 league games remaining and the reserve championship done and dusted in Div 1 and 2 anyway so credit where credit is due.

I sort of take it by that there is a break in fixtures for the July holidays or is that not known yet?

yes as always there will be a two week july break.
the last game is likely to be 11th July with the two weeks after that off.

Under Lights

Exactly. Just as they had planned all along. D3 reserve championship can be run off over the summer months- no county fixtures should slow this down.

LeoMc

Down with this sort of thing.
The fixtures committee is incompetent / biased against my club / doing Mickeys bidding to wreak havoc. If they get all the games played it will be a long winter.

WT4E

Quote from: LeoMc on June 05, 2014, 12:45:58 PM

Down with this sort of thing.
The fixtures committee is incompetent / biased against my club / doing Mickeys bidding to wreak havoc. If they get all the games played it will be a long winter.

;D ;D

Have to say I have always been a critic of the fixtures committee but this year they seem to be getting it right. So well done. Has there been a reshuffle in the pack??

Some may point to Conor Clarke as a negative out of the whole thing but unfortunately injuries happen and they are as likely to happen in training as they are in a game!

Arite Haas

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 05, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
A good article in todays Irish news by Phillip Jordan re: this

Have to agree with this.  Danny Hughes article last Friday was excellent as well...major upgrade these two boys being on board for GAA coverage