Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 06, 2014, 11:17:48 PM
There seemed to be an argument made that some people didn't like the county team because it was effecting their cub team. However given every team in tyrone plays under the same conditions I don't believe it will effect your clubs success within the county.

Regular games ahead of the ulster club could only be a good thing for bringing a team on. Clones big issue seems to be with the 2 week break which I do partially understand although the county board hasn't many options other than start the championship earlier which was voted down. I do believe a team that is good enough and ambitious enough could overcome the 1 week turnaround, especially one that has one a tyrone championship in recent years. I also don't think the issue could really be held against the county team.

Personally I love the gaa and that includes both my club and county. I enjoy watching any gaa matches. I travelled to Kildare last week and will go to Kerry but equally if my club had an u14 or minor match on I'd go to that as well.

I get a great deal of pride in supporting both club and county. The club gives us a great sense of community locally but there are also many advantages of county football. It gives us an identity nationally, gives our young players the opportunity to strive to play at the top level in front of huge crowds and are a great vehicle for promoting the games. There's no doubt that young players throughout the county have been inspired by canavan, Dooher, oneill, mcguigans etc. it also allows the very best players to play together producing top quality action and a showcase for our games.

I know in my own club we're always very proud of our players who make county squads and get the opportunity to represent our club through the county at top level. I would also identify myself as being a tyrone person and would therefore take pride in my counties achievements.

I do believe the current fixtures need a lot of work both in tyrone and nationally. However, I don't think it makes anyone a better club person by feeling the need to express that they don't support their county. If anything it makes them less of a club man because they're not supporting their own players and backing them to reach the top of their game.

I give up with you, you clearly havent read any of my posts and are just spouting the same drivel in every message hoping for someone to back you up because of your love for all things Tyrone.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

God14

As said many times before the problem is that the intercounty season is far too long. Run it off quicker to free up space for the club season - problem solved. Tradition is killing us. We need to make a big move re. the fixtures calendar nationally.

Kerry manager Eamon Fitmaurice the latest to point out the bleedingly obvious
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=211208

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 06, 2014, 11:17:48 PM
There seemed to be an argument made that some people didn't like the county team because it was effecting their cub team. However given every team in tyrone plays under the same conditions I don't believe it will effect your clubs success within the county.

Regular games ahead of the ulster club could only be a good thing for bringing a team on. Clones big issue seems to be with the 2 week break which I do partially understand although the county board hasn't many options other than start the championship earlier which was voted down. I do believe a team that is good enough and ambitious enough could overcome the 1 week turnaround, especially one that has one a tyrone championship in recent years. I also don't think the issue could really be held against the county team.

Personally I love the gaa and that includes both my club and county. I enjoy watching any gaa matches. I travelled to Kildare last week and will go to Kerry but equally if my club had an u14 or minor match on I'd go to that as well.

I get a great deal of pride in supporting both club and county. The club gives us a great sense of community locally but there are also many advantages of county football. It gives us an identity nationally, gives our young players the opportunity to strive to play at the top level in front of huge crowds and are a great vehicle for promoting the games. There's no doubt that young players throughout the county have been inspired by canavan, Dooher, oneill, mcguigans etc. it also allows the very best players to play together producing top quality action and a showcase for our games.

I know in my own club we're always very proud of our players who make county squads and get the opportunity to represent our club through the county at top level. I would also identify myself as being a tyrone person and would therefore take pride in my counties achievements.

I do believe the current fixtures need a lot of work both in tyrone and nationally. However, I don't think it makes anyone a better club person by feeling the need to express that they don't support their county. If anything it makes them less of a club man because they're not supporting their own players and backing them to reach the top of their game.

I give up with you, you clearly havent read any of my posts and are just spouting the same drivel in every message hoping for someone to back you up because of your love for all things Tyrone.

I just couldn't get the link between why you felt the need to make your club and Tyrone doing well being something you had choose between and needed to point out you didn't care about how Tyrone did.

I'm also confused why someone who doesn't care if Tyrone do well would have such a strong opinion and be so criticial of Mickey Harte, Peter Harte, Colm Cavanagh, Ciaran McGinley etc when things weren't going well.

Up The Middle

Im also confused as too why you seem to have nothing better to do than troll through my posts. You have your opinion and i have mine, mine happens to differ to yours, is it really hard to believe that not everyone shares your views. If i was to have a guess i would say you never played a pile of football yourself and therefore have no connection nor care for the ordinary club player, football for you probably begins and ends with Micky and his band of merry men.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

everymanaman

There was a time when the mantra that there would be no county team without a club scene was the situation. However, sadly this is no longer then case. Club football in Tyrone is a poor second to the county team.

God14

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 11:29:37 AM
Im also confused as too why you seem to have nothing better to do than troll through my posts. You have your opinion and i have mine, mine happens to differ to yours, is it really hard to believe that not everyone shares your views. If i was to have a guess i would say you never played a pile of football yourself and therefore have no connection nor care for the ordinary club player, football for you probably begins and ends with Micky and his band of merry men.

I hate that aul attitude there. So what if a man prefers county to club! what exactly is wrong with that & why do so many people look down their noses at those who attend county matches regularly but pass on club fayre? People study & work in parts of the country & beyond. Each to their own, but I suppose its hard to believe that not everyone shares your tastes & perferences

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 11:29:37 AM

I've as much interest in the club scene as the county and I don't see how supporting the county team makes me have any less interest in the club scene. I believe the club fixtures badly need looked at and sorted out.

The uncertainty and long breaks have to stop. I personally think games are better with county players involved but we may have to accept a higher number of games without them to fix the problem. I think its even more ridiculous that club reserve games are currently being stopped for county football.

I don't understand why someone thinks they're a better clubman (or it will help the situation) by saying they don't support their county who their own club players play for. As I've also said I don't understand why you'd be so quick to criticise county players if you'd no interest in how they do.

Up The Middle

Again Redhand you take what you want from my posts. This will be the last time i respond to you because you are clearly either an idiot or a WUM. I said i couldnt care less if Tyrone never won an all ireland that does not mean that i cant watch the games (if they are on TV) and have an opinion on players and management and whether i feel that they have performed well or not.

Also i never claimed to be a better clubman than the next man, i merley suggested that the fact that you care so much for county football (probably since 2003) would mean that you didnt play for your own club. Hope that clears it up for you.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 02:09:19 PM
Again Redhand you take what you want from my posts. This will be the last time i respond to you because you are clearly either an idiot or a WUM. I said i couldnt care less if Tyrone never won an all ireland that does not mean that i cant watch the games (if they are on TV) and have an opinion on players and management and whether i feel that they have performed well or not.

Also i never claimed to be a better clubman than the next man, i merley suggested that the fact that you care so much for county football (probably since 2003) would mean that you didnt play for your own club. Hope that clears it up for you.

You make an awful lot of assumptions. Didn't realise club players weren't allowed to follow their county.

EC Unique

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 02:09:19 PM

Does that mean you never attend Tyrone games?

Up The Middle

I went when i was a lad with my Da, but havent been since 95. As i have said i will watch them on Tv but no interest in travellin the county or country watching them.

orangeman

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 07, 2014, 02:47:39 PM
I went when i was a lad with my Da, but havent been since 95. As i have said i will watch them on Tv but no interest in travellin the county or country watching them.

Which is fair enough.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: giveherlong on March 07, 2014, 08:26:23 AM
KYMI- McAlliskey dropped for Sunday, is he injured?

Best of luck to the O'Rahillys in Sundays ulster final. Would top off some year for the club. Good interview with Cassidy in Gaelic life yesterday

Honestly I don't know why he dropped.

orangeman

Rotational policy.

Everybody is getting a go and creating healthy competition in the squad.

Norf Tyrone

Clonoe won the Ulster U21 two mins ago but no report yet on the Teamtalk website. No photos either.

;)

Well done Clonoe btw.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone