Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Quote from: hugh the root on March 03, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
Kildare were the much better team as they had a bit of height and power about them.Fair play to whoever brought on Coney as he was the reason why Tyrone got back into the game.he looks like a footballer and I just hope he gets a deserving start in Killarney
;D Are you Kyle or Gavin
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

CD

Quote from: time ticking away on March 03, 2014, 06:16:18 PM
Kildare were the much better team as they had a bit of height and power about them.Fair play to whoever brought on Coney as he was the reason why Tyrone got back into the game.he looks like a footballer and I just hope he gets a deserving start in Killarney
;D Are you Kyle or Gavin

Easiest lad I've ever seen to block down. His kicking technique is really strange. He hates sticky corner backs, doesn't use his height effectively and is too slow/lazy to play in the half forward line where he'd have a bit more room. If you only watch the highlights of games and see him swing over a couple of frees or a handy point when the game's already won (see McKenna Cup Final) you'd imagine he's a star..Reached his level when he was 18 and bigger than everyone else. I fear the rest of his career at county level will be anticlimax in comparison. In fairness to him, injuries haven't helped but he can be an unbelievably frustrating player. There's only so many years you can live of the promise shown one summer afternoon in Croker
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyHarp

Quote from: CD on March 03, 2014, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on March 03, 2014, 06:16:18 PM
;D Are you Kyle or Gavin

Easiest lad I've ever seen to block down. His kicking technique is really strange. He hates sticky corner backs, doesn't use his height effectively and is too slow/lazy to play in the half forward line where he'd have a bit more room. If you only watch the highlights of games and see him swing over a couple of frees or a handy point when the game's already won (see McKenna Cup Final) you'd imagine he's a star..Reached his level when he was 18 and bigger than everyone else. I fear the rest of his career at county level will be anticlimax in comparison. In fairness to him, injuries haven't helped but he can be an unbelievably frustrating player. There's only so many years you can live of the promise shown one summer afternoon in Croker

Jesus, the lad has been incredibly unfortunate with injury and hasn't had a chance to settle at senior county level yet. I think it's very harsh to be writing him off just yet. Yes, he's had a stop, start senior career so far but it's hardly enough to warrant the criticism here. At least give the lad a chance to prove himself, before assassinating his ability.
That was never a square ball!!

Moortown Spuds

Typical of Tyrone fans on here to stick the knife in the back of one of their own and ultimately end of eating their own words. Would pay no heed to it.

nrico2006

Very harsh indeed.  He has more ability and potential than a lot of the forwards that we have tried the past few years.  His last run injury free resulted in him being the teams top scorer in the league.  I would like to see him get a good run injury free to see how good he can be. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

Remember Kyle ripping our seniors to shreds in Clonoe bout 3 years ago, everything he hit went over (and he was hitting them from all angles). CD your comments are extremley harsh on a young lad who has had a serious bad time with injuries. If he can get a clear run from injuries i think he has massive potential.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

CD

Totally agree lads that my comments there are harsh. Doesn't make them wrong. I appreciate he has been extremely unfortunate with injuries. I hope to God he proves me wrong and I'll be the first to come on here and accept your 'told ye so's'. Going by the reaction in the stands every time he comes on the pitch I'm sure I'm not the only Tyrone fan who finds him frustrating!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

rrhf

Too many too harsh on lads that maybe have turned down opportunities in Australia or elsewhere to play with their county. I think Coney and my Kenn a will have great futures. They will only come into their prime now that the pressures off them.

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on March 04, 2014, 10:54:58 PM
Too many too harsh on lads that maybe have turned down opportunities in Australia or elsewhere to play with their county. I think Coney and my Kenn a will have great futures. They will only come into their prime now that the pressures off them.

You are very possessive of the Donaghmore lads! :D

bigtogs

Heard today the All county league could start off with game on easter saturday and a double round of fixtures the next weekend 3 games in 8 days.... seemingly this will occur if Tyrone get to NFL semi-final and are defeated.... can anyone confirm this

Wee Roddy

Are you serious? The clubs need to be strong on this issue. That is ridiculous if true. The U21 competition is a problem and is causing havoc with club fixtures. Our Tyrone seniors are allowed to do the football training with the club but the U21S are not.

bigtogs

Quote from: Wee Roddy on March 06, 2014, 08:27:59 AM
Are you serious? The clubs need to be strong on this issue. That is ridiculous if true. The U21 competition is a problem and is causing havoc with club fixtures. Our Tyrone seniors are allowed to do the football training with the club but the U21S are not.
[/quote

Does the CCC make the fixture dates and county management have to OK them is that how it works? A club footballer in this county is a second class citizen wonder how other counties who regularly are in the all Ireland series in august work their fixtures l.e cork kerry dublin mayo?

Up The Middle

Its pretty much common knowledge that Harte is calling the shots here, they are never going to admit it though, club players will always be treated with contempt and are a hinderance to Harte and his plans. Unless all clubs take a stand together then nothing will happen. You have men in every club who are CB men and they will be pushing their own club just to get on with it and not cause a fuss.

What would every man on here prefer, an O'Neill cup medal with their club, or to watch Tyrone win an All Ireland ( i for one couldnt give a toss if Tyrone never win another one).
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bigtogs

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 06, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
Its pretty much common knowledge that Harte is calling the shots here, they are never going to admit it though, club players will always be treated with contempt and are a hinderance to Harte and his plans. Unless all clubs take a stand together then nothing will happen. You have men in every club who are CB men and they will be pushing their own club just to get on with it and not cause a fuss.

What would every man on here prefer, an O'Neill cup medal with their club, or to watch Tyrone win an All Ireland ( i for one couldnt give a toss if Tyrone never win another one).

I would love another all Ireland but,If club footballers are to be treated with contempt from the hierarchy dictatorships i would not care about another all Ireland either which is pretty sad really.... I heard a rumour that the Tyrone minor leas-son officer got removed from his post after raising concerns with our county Chairman about the minor panel training 6 days in a row(this may have occurred last year)!!!!

StGallsGAA

QuoteEasiest lad I've ever seen to block down. His kicking technique is really strange. He hates sticky corner backs, doesn't use his height effectively and is too slow/lazy to play in the half forward line where he'd have a bit more room.

A keyboard warrior calling a AI winner and Rules player lazy...  ::)