The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

seafoid

Live http://www.nytimes.com/

Decency, the rule of law, logic, cooperation, tolerance, competence- you took one hell of a beating

The Trap

The world is in turmoil.........celebrity and money are the major powers.........was listening to a song earlier that said if we tolerate this then our children will be next........well don't know what world we are leaving to our children!!!!!

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on November 09, 2016, 07:41:20 AM
Not at all surprised. Brexit & the last British GE  have all shown us polling as a ptedictive science is dead. Americans are bigger dumbasses than the English.

People in glass houses.

I still reckon that the Irish electorate giving two fingers to Fine Gael for turning their country around is worse than any of the above.

The Tories probably earned the right for another go.
Brexit was too confusing for 99.9% of us to understand the vote.
America has been largely run by the Democrats for 20 years yet inequality for the working class has never been worse.

Ireland though, it was clear cut. FG had largely solved the rotten mess created by FF. anybody should have been able to understand that. Except half the Irish population.

sid waddell

At stake in this election were two competing worldviews.

One may have been largely uninspiring but it was based in reality.

The other is based on ignorance, hatred, division, and a wilful denial of reality. The trolls really have taken over.

This is a bizarre, post-fact world we're living in and the next four years of it are going to be extremely unpleasant.

Declan

Interesting times indeed. Clinton even manages to feck up the concession. Wonder what our contingency plan for the multinational sector is??

gallsman

I wonder if any other US President-elect has talked about a statue of a racehorse in their victory speech.

Franko

Quote from: Declan on November 09, 2016, 08:07:02 AM
Interesting times indeed. Clinton even manages to feck up the concession. Wonder what our contingency plan for the multinational sector is??

This could be more dangerous for the 26 than brexit.

sid waddell

Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2016, 08:08:54 AM
I wonder if any other US President-elect has talked about a statue of a racehorse in their victory speech.
Trump's win in the Sunshine state was a real Florida Pearl for him, expect him to be a frequent Moscow Flyer now.

bennydorano

Quote from: thewobbler on November 09, 2016, 07:55:46 AM
Not at all surprised. Brexit & the last British GE  have all shown us polling as a ptedictive science is dead. Americans are bigger dumbasses than the English.

People in glass houses.

I still reckon that the Irish electorate giving two fingers to Fine Gael for turning their country around is worse than any of the above.

America has been largely run by the Democrats for 20 years yet inequality for the working class has never been worse.

Ireland though, it was clear cut. FG had largely solved the rotten mess created by FF. anybody should have been able to understand that. Except half the Irish population.
I'd agree with most of that apart from Brexit, f**k all confusing about it, laziness, disinterest & complacency lost it for Remain.

gallsman

I can't help but smile at the Irish derision of Americans who voted for a reality TV star. The same Irish who tried their hardest to elect Sean Gallagher.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 09, 2016, 08:00:00 AM
At stake in this election were two competing worldviews.

One may have been largely uninspiring but it was based in reality.

The other is based on ignorance, hatred, division, and a wilful denial of reality. The trolls really have taken over.

This is a bizarre, post-fact world we're living in and the next four years of it are going to be extremely unpleasant.
Fox news is the new official reality.
When there is no growth politics is very different.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on November 09, 2016, 08:22:11 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 09, 2016, 07:55:46 AM

People in glass houses.

I'd agree with most of that apart from Brexit, f**k all confusing about it, laziness, disinterest & complacency lost it for Remain.

And the outright lies.

seafoid

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on November 08, 2016, 10:35:43 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2016, 07:39:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 08, 2016, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2016, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 08, 2016, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 08, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
foxcommaner, why do you call the current President "The Kenya" rather than using his real name?

kenyaN

Have you heard of things called "maps"?
Apologies, I meant to type Kenyan. I've also heard of maps but I'm not sure what they become when you put "" around the word.

Now that I've answered your question, you might answer mine?

No need. You already know the answer.
You're not replying to my last post. For the fourth time, if you're not a troll, or even if you are, please answer the question.

Listen doll, this isn't The Hague. We both know the answer to your question so you can quit it.
Sixth time. I don't know the answer as to why you do things. Please tell me. Troll rating up with Fearon now.