1 (1.2%)
Last 16
5 (6%)
Third in the group and Europa League
18 (21.4%)
Bottom of the group
30 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 659349 times)

Hectic

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #11580 on: Today at 08:26:33 AM »
Yes,just as Robbie Keane was born into Wolves,Coventry,Leeds,Spurs,Inter Milan,Liverpool etc....

I note that Brendan is not too high a price on the betting list to be the next manager at Sunderland or Crystal Palace.Does anyone really believe he would turn down a job at the likes of Southampton for example if a route back to England presented itself.

I was not overly impressed that it took well into injury time yesterday to finally crack an inferior team in the Scottish Cup Final,to save the embarrassment of extra time.In Lisbon,a truly great Celtic team cracked an arguably superior team comfortably before the 90th minute.

Ah Tony, away and get your breakfast. Maybe today will be a better day.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: Today at 08:57:39 AM »
Just to re iterate.Winning the treble and remaining unbeaten domestically is a flawless achievement.But is this really worth over praising given that the manager is on 45k weekly and has a vastly superior player budget,infrastructure,fan base,tradition,billionaire owner etc than all of the domestic rivals?

A circumspect analysis of the season reveals that the domestic success starkly contrasts with the huge failure in Europe,which saw our worst ever defeat margin and arguably our most embarrassing defeat to a part time team.

An objective analysis therefore reveals that the easy things were done flawlessly but the real challenges were failed miserably,and this is where vast improvement is needed.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: Today at 09:22:07 AM »
Yes,just as Robbie Keane was born into Wolves,Coventry,Leeds,Spurs,Inter Milan,Liverpool etc....

I note that Brendan is not too high a price on the betting list to be the next manager at Sunderland or Crystal Palace.Does anyone really believe he would turn down a job at the likes of Southampton for example if a route back to England presented itself.

I was not overly impressed that it took well into injury time yesterday to finally crack an inferior team in the Scottish Cup Final,to save the embarrassment of extra time.In Lisbon,a truly great Celtic team cracked an arguably superior team comfortably before the 90th minute.
I am not a Celtic fan or a Brendan Rogers fan. But your opinion of the man is ludicrous he has just gone a domestic season without losing. Regardless of a poor rangers team that is a fantastic achievement and a great way to honour the Lisbon lions. I would doubt he would leave celtic and champions league football for Southampton or crystal palace.  Last 16 in the CL and a repeat Treble will be his goal next season. Fantastic achievement. 

Question under related to Rogers. Why are Celtic releasing a commerative jersey for Lisbon for next season when this was the 50th anniversary? Did they forget they biggest year in their history.?

Although we won it in 1967 we were champions for the 67/68 season hence the top being released for the 17/18 season. I think

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: Today at 09:24:39 AM »
Just to re iterate.Winning the treble and remaining unbeaten domestically is a flawless achievement.But is this really worth over praising given that the manager is on 45k weekly and has a vastly superior player budget,infrastructure,fan base,tradition,billionaire owner etc than all of the domestic rivals?

A circumspect analysis of the season reveals that the domestic success starkly contrasts with the huge failure in Europe,which saw our worst ever defeat margin and arguably our most embarrassing defeat to a part time team.

An objective analysis therefore reveals that the easy things were done flawlessly but the real challenges were failed miserably,and this is where vast improvement is needed.

You complain about the game but happy that they won and Aberdeen scored!! Then complain that a manager who you've taken selfies with and praised on the night is getting paid too much!!! You are a clown, not an ordinary clown but a proper coco the clown

The attention you seek must be related back to a day when you never got in your childhood, your family obviously starved you of any
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: Today at 09:28:43 AM »
Cup finals are often harder to win. The other team giving it absolutely everything as they know it's a one off match. Celtic done what they had to do and capped off an amazing season. People may cling to the defeat in Gibraltar although they forget we won that tie, or the defeat in Barcelona, again forgetting Barca beat much better teams by similar score lines, in order to criticise. But any real celtic fan knows this season was special and an amazing achievement.

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: Today at 10:35:50 AM »

You complain about the game but happy that they won and Aberdeen scored!! Then complain that a manager who you've taken selfies with and praised on the night is getting paid too much!!! You are a clown, not an ordinary clown but a proper coco the clown

The attention you seek must be related back to a day when you never got in your childhood, your family obviously starved you of any

More to do with living in a toilet like Pointzpass I suspect...

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: Today at 11:16:40 AM »

More to do with living in a toilet like Pointzpass I suspect...

Of course St. Galls is located in the Naples of the North
Los trabadjores unido jamas sera vencido

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: Today at 08:03:55 PM »
Watched the Charity game today on Premier Sports (a division of Eir Sport)?. Anyway John Hughes who played for Hibs and Celtic in the mid 90s (and has managed the likes of Falkirk and ICT) played,but the commentator,Connor someone or other,was constantly and unbelievably mixing him up with John Yogi Hughes of Lisbon vintage and kept saying "it's hard to believe he's 74!" 😱😱

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: Today at 08:29:55 PM »
It's a wonder you weren't playing in it.
Presumably any balls ups are the fault of your Manager Of The Year?

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: Today at 09:21:58 PM »
Have I criticised Brendan Rodgers since his early days at Celtic? Did I not say I was impressed by what he said at the AGM last November? I think I said also he has handled the domestic competition part of his role flawlessly.

Do not confuse my refusal to go overboard about a domestic treble,in the face of no credible opposition,as criticism of the manager.