The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Our only hope is he flips on all his campaign promises!!!

Not beyond the realm of possibility although the supreme court issue is a f**king scary one! Possibly 2 seats to go to 'Conservatives'

screenexile

Why has nobody called it yet??

When we look back 50/100 years from now this will go down as one of the darkest years in our history. The rise of the Brexiteers and the Deplorables will only spur the far right movements around the world and divide us even further... How do we turn this around??

leenie

:-\ :-[ :-[
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

heganboy

right now there is about a 95% chance of donald j trump as the president of the united states in january.
this is not a joke, this is real life.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omaghjoe

Although its unlikely for Clinton at this point I dont think its completely over yet, I just calculated thru an interactive map there and it all hinges on Michigan and New Hampshire, the former especially. Which are both at 1% at the minute

omaghjoe

Shit forgot PA was still out..... still a route for Clinton but jaysus its slim

NetNitrate

Quote from: screenexile on November 09, 2016, 05:27:51 AM
Why has nobody called it yet??

When we look back 50/100 years from now this will go down as one of the darkest years in our history. The rise of the Brexiteers and the Deplorables will only spur the far right movements around the world and divide us even further... How do we turn this around??

Left wing here but I think the righteousness of the left is the problem. Like that Milan Kundera novel The Book of Laughter and Forgetting where he spoke about the angels laughter which is a righteous laugh that always thinks it's right and the devil's laugh which is more mocking, likes to knock things. Watching some of the debates Hillary had the angels laugh and Donald had the devil's. There's a lot to be said for that anarchist, devil laugh. It's knocked a lot of sacred cows.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on November 09, 2016, 05:24:22 AM

Not beyond the realm of possibility although the supreme court issue is a f**king scary one! Possibly 2 seats to go to 'Conservatives'

Jesus surely he'll have to back down on his promises. I can't see him deporting 15,000 Latinos a day.

Btw 30% of the Latino population voted trump. Wtf is wrong with these people. Do they have no loyalty or concern for their own!!

The big problem is that any sane republican won't want to be in his cabinet (US equivalent) and so he'll be surrounded by lunatics.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 09, 2016, 05:51:14 AM

Jesus surely he'll have to back down on his promises. I can't see him deporting 15,000 Latinos a day.

Btw 30% of the Latino population voted trump. Wtf is wrong with these people. Do they have no loyalty or concern for their own!!

The big problem is that any sane republican won't want to be in his cabinet (US equivalent) and so he'll be surrounded by lunatics.

They will have to work with him as they have the house and the senate. Only hope is the republicans there keep him in check.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2016, 03:53:08 AM
I wonder do all of the Trump supporters on here, now that he is close to winning, really believe he is going to be better for them?
the betrayal will be epic

"The Wasichus had slaughtered all the bison and shut us up in pens. It looked as though we might all starve to death. We could not eat lies'. From Black Elk speaks

seafoid

Quote from: Muck Savage on November 09, 2016, 06:10:28 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 09, 2016, 05:51:14 AM

They will have to work with him as they have the house and the senate. Only hope is the republicans there keep him in check.
Maybe Nigel Falange can help out

seafoid

This is very f**king scary for Jewish people. Because when the political language is reduced to draining swamps it's a dog whistle. And there has been vile antiSemitism on social media.
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump was assassinated. Nobody knows what happened Kennedy.

the people voted but the people don't really matter in the big picture of senior American hurling. It's not like the system was ever about them at any time in the last 30 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOuf69G7AQU

seafoid

Adam Posen ‏@AdamPosen  3 h

Next let us look for historical examples where authoritarian incompetence and self-dealing quickly led to reversals

Bonnie Prince Charlie maybe

Edward Luce

‏@EdwardGLuce
Americans have no idea what authoritarianism is like. It isn't reality TV

bennydorano

Not at all surprised. Brexit & the last British GE  have all shown us polling as a predictive science is dead. Americans are bigger dumbasses than the English.