The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2016, 07:23:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 25, 2016, 06:41:22 PM
By 2040 whites will be a minority. It is fascinating that despite the genocide of the locals in the 1800 the wider local indian /mestizo population plus the ex slaves will be calling the shots.
. That should be a happy day for the self hating white liberals

So not having a problem with or any concerns about whites slipping into minority status in the US makes one a self-hater?

Or is that the recognition and acknowledgement, by modern white people, that some aspects of white societal treatment of various groups, including in the US, was shameful and still has residual effects, that is problematic?

muppet

Quote from: stew on March 25, 2016, 10:20:06 AM

He has a point, if he was a shinner why would he not say so? Makes no sense.

Sinn Féin are not to blame for the ill's of the south, I have never voted for them but fox has a point, I hate the way liberals try and tell you what you are, if the man has not said he is a shinner then you need to take hineat his word,

Post of the decade!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: J70 on March 25, 2016, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: stew on March 23, 2016, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

So you give Bill the benefit of the doubt but not Mitt???

(Same way you're giving Harry Reid, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer the benefit of the doubt over the Supreme Court nominees)

See thats the problem, everything your/my guy says is taken out of context, while anything the opposition says truly reveals their intent-LOL

Clinton was clearly talking about the GOP. There is no other reasonable interpretation for what he said.

You'll have to explain to me how Romney was misinterpreted. To me, he was saying what he clearly thought in a situation where he could be honest, that a certain segment of the population was out of reach for him because they viewed the Democrats as more favourable in terms of government benefits. If I'm wrong, please explain how.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not

As for the supreme court, all you have for Reid, Biden, Schumer etc. is talk and threats, something politicians specialize in. NOT action. Biden, as committee chairman, gave the GOP nominees their due consideration i.e interviews, hearings, committee and then whole senate votes. The GOP are, so far, taking action. We'll see how it pans out.

Was he f**k! Its as clear as mud and all he had to was state he blamed the GOP and not Obama.

Keep making shit up as you go along and keep that liberal spin going, you are so far from reality it is beyond belief, Clinton and ohama despise each other, try have done since before the mouse was elected president, something o for with the truths about his wife and her foibles when they ran against each other eight year ago.

You're the one who is either full of shit or living in lala land stew. Hillary is running on continuing Obama's policies. What possible sense could it make for her husband to then go out and slam those same policies?

Now, if you don't believe we can all grow together again, if you don't believe we're ever going to grow again, if you believe it's more important to re-litigate the past, there may be many reasons that you don't want to support her.

But if you believe we can all rise together, if you believe we've finally come to the point where we can put the awful  legacy of the last eight years behind us and the seven years before that when we were  practicing trickle-down economics and no regulation in Washington, which is what caused the crash, then you should vote for her because she's the only person who basically had good ideas will tell you how she's going to pay for them, can be commander in chief and is a proven change maker with republicans and democrats and independents alike.

In the context of her campaign, and statements made immediately after the speech, the only reasonable interpretation of that is that he was talking about the GOP obstructionism. But go ahead and cling to your version if it makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't make any sense.

So Chelsea AND bubba go after Obama and you still  ignore what is in front of your nose, this is exactly why you people should not be let near a position of power.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on March 25, 2016, 08:27:24 PM

Sinn Féin are not to blame for the ill's of the south, I have never voted for them but fox has a point, I hate the way liberals try and tell you what you are, if the man has not said he is a shinner then you need to take hineat his word,

Post of the decade!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And of course Gerry was never in the Ra........because he said so ;D
I wonder how the Irish illegals will feel when they are dumped in Mexico under Foxeejit's plan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 25, 2016, 08:55:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 25, 2016, 08:27:24 PM

Post of the decade!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And of course Gerry was never in the Ra........because he said so ;D
I wonder how the Irish illegals will feel when they are dumped in Mexico under Foxeejit's plan.
say tr**p won and asked the taoiseach to pay for the deportation of the irish illegals. Why would ireland pay?Surely the individuals would be liable

Eamonnca1

Now the conservative front-runners are beating each other up using their wives as clubs. Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 25, 2016, 10:32:39 PM
Now the conservative front-runners are beating each other up using their wives as clubs. Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic.
it is abject

J70

Quote from: stew on March 25, 2016, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 25, 2016, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: stew on March 23, 2016, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

So you give Bill the benefit of the doubt but not Mitt???

(Same way you're giving Harry Reid, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer the benefit of the doubt over the Supreme Court nominees)

See thats the problem, everything your/my guy says is taken out of context, while anything the opposition says truly reveals their intent-LOL

Clinton was clearly talking about the GOP. There is no other reasonable interpretation for what he said.

You'll have to explain to me how Romney was misinterpreted. To me, he was saying what he clearly thought in a situation where he could be honest, that a certain segment of the population was out of reach for him because they viewed the Democrats as more favourable in terms of government benefits. If I'm wrong, please explain how.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not

As for the supreme court, all you have for Reid, Biden, Schumer etc. is talk and threats, something politicians specialize in. NOT action. Biden, as committee chairman, gave the GOP nominees their due consideration i.e interviews, hearings, committee and then whole senate votes. The GOP are, so far, taking action. We'll see how it pans out.

Was he f**k! Its as clear as mud and all he had to was state he blamed the GOP and not Obama.

Keep making shit up as you go along and keep that liberal spin going, you are so far from reality it is beyond belief, Clinton and ohama despise each other, try have done since before the mouse was elected president, something o for with the truths about his wife and her foibles when they ran against each other eight year ago.

You're the one who is either full of shit or living in lala land stew. Hillary is running on continuing Obama's policies. What possible sense could it make for her husband to then go out and slam those same policies?

Now, if you don't believe we can all grow together again, if you don't believe we're ever going to grow again, if you believe it's more important to re-litigate the past, there may be many reasons that you don't want to support her.

But if you believe we can all rise together, if you believe we've finally come to the point where we can put the awful  legacy of the last eight years behind us and the seven years before that when we were  practicing trickle-down economics and no regulation in Washington, which is what caused the crash, then you should vote for her because she's the only person who basically had good ideas will tell you how she's going to pay for them, can be commander in chief and is a proven change maker with republicans and democrats and independents alike.

In the context of her campaign, and statements made immediately after the speech, the only reasonable interpretation of that is that he was talking about the GOP obstructionism. But go ahead and cling to your version if it makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't make any sense.

So Chelsea AND bubba go after Obama and you stillnignore what is in front of your nose, this is exactly why you people should not be let near a position if powerlev
s level

So here is what Chelsea Clinton is quoted as saying by a number of conservative sources:

And, kind of figuring out whether she could do that through executive action, or she would need to do that through tax credits working with Congress,' Chelsea Clinton said.
'She thinks either of those will help solve the challenges of kind of the crushing costs that still exist  for too many people, who even are part of the Affordable Care Act and buying insurance

Its a fair point and it's criticism, but its hardly an egregious attack on Obamacare. No one has said it is perfect or that it would solve all the issues regarding ridiculous health care costs in the US, especially given the ludicrous, partisan opposition from the GOP and the refusal of many GOP governors to extend Medicaid coverage in their states. Its not as if Chelsea is saying to scrap Obamacare or advocating the GOP policy of...well... whatever it is they'll eventually come up with. She's advocating policies they're trying to sell as improving it.

And of course you ignore previous occasions when Chelsea Clinton has gone after Bernie Sanders for allegedly intending to get rid of Obamacare, while Hillary herself said the following a few weeks back:

As president, I'll defend the Affordable Care Act, build on its successes, and go even further to reduce costs. My plan will crack down on drug companies charging excessive prices, slow the growth of out-of-pocket costs, and provide a new credit to those facing high health expenses.

So maybe you should worry less about what you imagine is in front of your nose and look at the wider picture once in a while. You know, context?! Obama's favourability numbers are rising as the primaries play out and people look at the Cruz-Trump circus. Hillary has, to date, pledged to basically administer a third Obama term. It makes zero sense that the Clinton campaign would all of a sudden do a u-turn and run on "the two Obama terms were a disaster", especially when she was secretary of state for the first one!

stew

Trump is no conservative and you know it, Cruz reacted to your plant attacking his wife, as would any man you dolt.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on March 26, 2016, 12:46:19 PM

Trump is no conservative and you know it, Cruz reacted to your plant attacking his wife, as would any man you dolt.

By attacking the other wife in return? Is that manly in your view? Interesting.

J70

If Trump is a plant, then conservatives are the biggest morons ever to walk the planet! ;D

But, as much as I dislike his politics, Cruz is absolutely correct in much of what he says about Trump, and completely justified in his reaction to some of the below the belt shit coming from Trump this week.

Hopefully Trump's misogny will be remembered come November.

Oraisteach

J70, though Cruz is justified in his reaction to this week's below-the-belt mysoginistic comments, it has to be said that he kept quiet and sucked up to Trump when he should have been reprimanding him for his remarks about Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina and all the other despicable things he said about women.  Selective outrage. 

seafoid

Bernie notched up 2 wins in Washington state and alaska. Clinton should be doing way better. She is missing something. Maybe cos she is too close to Wall St.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on March 26, 2016, 02:36:27 PM

By attacking the other wife in return? Is that manly in your view? Interesting.

I was referring to the fact that Cruz called him a sniveling ciward, which he is, also get your facts straight for once, Cruz had nothing to do with the nude picture of trumps wife being posted online.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on March 27, 2016, 06:18:26 AM
Bernie notched up 2 wins in Washington state and alaska. Clinton should be doing way better. She is missing something. Maybe cos she is too close to Wall St.

Nope, the people know her for the odious, toe jam piece of crap that she is.