The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 03:43:42 PM
And he is promising that everything 'is going to be great'.

You've no reason to doubt it.

Finally, this might be the difference between us.

If a strange chick walked up to you in a bar, covered in fake tan, with hair like a bleached grapefruit, and promised you that everything was 'going to be great', you would be off to the nearest registry office.

Me, I would need to see a lot more evidence. A lot more. And frequently.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on March 22, 2016, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on March 22, 2016, 09:44:35 AM
The US has made some major foreign policy f**k-ups over the past half century + but surely the continued cold war with Cuba must  be the most ludicrous policy for the longest time of any successive governments of any one country*.

How anyone can criticise a country making or reciprocating overtures from one of their neighbours is beyond me.

Gmac take a bow son.

* exc Eng's occupation of Ireland of course  ;)

Well human rights abuses seem top be beyond you, the fact he took it up the arse and gave them many concessions they asked for, all the while getting absolutely nothing in return.

Communism is an insidious disease, Castro is a bit more progressive than his brother however he is still torturing his people and 45000 Cubans left fir the states last year, why do you think that is happening?

An awful lot of people left Ireland last 7 years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:09:10 PM

If a strange chick walked up to you in a bar, covered in fake tan, with hair like a bleached grapefruit, and promised you that everything was 'going to be great', you would be off to the nearest registry office.

And your other option would be someone who looks like shirley temple-bar, solicits money from well heeled clients and has a reputation for leaving a trail of dead people in her wake.

tough choice ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 04:16:13 PM

And your other option would be someone who looks like shirley temple-bar, solicits money from well heeled clients and has a reputation for leaving a trail of dead people in her wake.

tough choice ;)

Republicans blaming Hillary for 'leaving a trail of dead people' is the best possible example of the anti-intellectualism problem in American politics.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 03:21:57 PM

2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab?

Ask for a credit card up front. Works for hotels.

And when the illegal immigrant has no credit card?

J70

seafoid

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2016, 04:36:42 PM

Believe me

'You have to think anyway, so why not think big?'

MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 22, 2016, 03:59:49 PM

2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab?

Ask for a credit card up front. Works for hotels.

And when the illegal immigrant has no credit card?

Then don't go on holidays in the first place

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 22, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
What the hell is getting into the Clintons?

They seem to be losing the plot completely

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/22/rivals-seize-on-bill-clintons-remarks-about-obamas-last-eight-years/?_r=0

http://www.inquisitr.com/2907196/chelsea-clinton-says-hillary-clinton-wants-obamacare-for-illegal-aliens-video/

1. Come on - Clinton is clearly talking about GOP conduct and obstructionism (this one is even worse and more pathetic than the "you didn't build that" outrage of four years ago!).
2. Would Obamacare coverage for illegals NOT be better than the current situation where they go to casualty for any and all care and leave the state with the (expensive) tab? Given that conservatives are supposedly MOST worried about government costs?

You and I both know that, but will the low information voters know it?

Very similar to Romneys 47% comment. Everyone (who wanted to) knew what he meant but he didn't articulate it properly and it got twisted and turned

To me, the 47% thing was a case of Romney saying what he really thought, in what he thought was a safe place.

Similar to Obama's comment about working class whites voting against their economic interests because they "cling to their guns or religion".

So you give Bill the benefit of the doubt but not Mitt???

(Same way you're giving Harry Reid, Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer the benefit of the doubt over the Supreme Court nominees)

See thats the problem, everything your/my guy says is taken out of context, while anything the opposition says truly reveals their intent-LOL

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

tough choice ;)

Republicans blaming Hillary for 'leaving a trail of dead people' is the best possible example of the anti-intellectualism problem in American politics.
I would agree with foxcommander. Hillary will take money from anyone and the consequences of her decisions are of no interest to her.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

tough choice ;)

Pass the popcorn Hillary!!

muppet

Where do you begin on that stupidity of that one?

Are you saying that the killing of Bin Laden shows Hillary to be a killer, or that given the other important people in that room, that you simply want to abuse the woman near the front?

MWWSI 2017

Gmac

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 22, 2016, 09:44:35 AM
The US has made some major foreign policy f**k-ups over the past half century + but surely the continued cold war with Cuba must  be the most ludicrous policy for the longest time of any successive governments of any one country*.

How anyone can criticise a country making or reciprocating overtures from one of their neighbours is beyond me.

Gmac take a bow son.

* exc Eng's occupation of Ireland of course  ;)

do you not think he's being played by these two guys ?
What will the usa do open up all trade and travel with Cuba while the 2 Boyos are running a dictatorship ?they take all the money he wants to send there way