The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

There are twelve police helicopters flying in formation, doing circles of the area I live in Queens at the moment. Presumably a tribute to the two cops. Funerals are this morning.

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 27, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
I think foxcommander needs to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Unbelieveably narrow thinking on such a subject.

I don't see the need to. You're making excuses for behavior issues.
Why should others have to put up with hoodlums who steal and kill for their own ends. Society is better off without them.

Why send in cops when we could nuke the place?

The world would be free of bad parenting forever!
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 03:52:23 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 03:42:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 26, 2014, 09:39:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 26, 2014, 06:38:27 PM
Most people could give a $hit. 

The vast majority of these crimes occurr in neighborhoods that white people wouldnt drive through at any time of the day or night. Apart from paying for welfare through their taxes, white people in general are not impacted by this stuff you read about in these bad neighbourhoods

It's a shame that's where tax money goes to. Worst still police officers are required to patrol such areas. Would be better to let them shoot it out amongst themselves. That way you wont get Sharpton and co complaining about the cops.

Yes, Sharpton is the main problem.   :o

He's a baiter who uses the media to line his pockets. He gives the soundbytes to a section of his community when all the while he just gets paid nicely. Even Obama has to run everything through him first.

I see. So not only is he the main problem when it comes to the cops killing unarmed black men, but he's the real power behind the throne in the White House! 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! :D :o

There's plenty of folk behind the curtains but Sharpton is certainly a tool (!) who is more than willing to plunge his own community into chaos with a couple of inflammatory speeches here and there.
Creating tension between the police and communities isn't very helpful. If you check his track record of where he pops up you'll find certain patterns.
And again, if folk didn't carry guns and obeyed the police instructions they have nothing to worry about.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: whitey on December 27, 2014, 12:00:57 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 26, 2014, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 26, 2014, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 25, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2014, 10:37:37 PM
http://www.wsj.com/video/new-footage-of-missouri-police-shooting/315B746D-037D-4232-AE34-00FB59EFD9DB.html

Hard to make much out of that.
Jeez muppet
Will you two get a room and stop criticsising everything each other posts just because it's one of you - you two are draining the spirit of Christmas outta me !!

Def parents and bad parenting has some part to play sometimes , but even well brought up kids end up doing/dealing drugs/falling foul of the law etc

Yes muppet I was one of those younger ones heading to college - but was smart enough to know right from wrong. . I see parents around here abjecting parenting responsibility and their kids are future jailbirds/law transgressors ( in trouble already at 11-13 with the cops)

Too much bad parenting in USA - but that's not always the problem. It's just one potential contributing factor. USA in many ways is just a fcuked up country.

There are worse places IMO - tin pot countries where the cops are all powerful and the locals can get off with anything if they are wealthy, well connected and publicly apologise ....( for attempted murder, shootings, blackmail, extortion, embezzlement. Political office corruption)
Places like Aruba , Jamaica , Cayman Islands etc

I don't think I am disagreeing with you.

It was the one size fits all tiny minds - bad parenting is responsible for everything - attitude that annoyed me. Pontificating about not knowing the whereabouts of 18 year olds is just naive in the extreme in good areas. In bad areas where the single mother has 3 jobs just to feed her kid, this attitude is just stupid meaningless rhetoric for the ladies who lunch types. The GAA equivalent to this thinking, is to take off the corner forward when you are 20 points down.

What is sad is the extreme ring wing attitude exposed above, i.e. it is their own fault and we should impose martial law until they cop themselves on. If that means shooting them dead for raising an arm then so be it. Even if they are 12 years old.

The populist whinging about spending tax payers money is even more comical. What would these places if there was less money spent on them?

LOL....spend a week on the South side of Chicago, then come back and give us your updated opinion......if youre still alive

And because a white man would be at risk in the South side of Chicago proves that they are all deranged, sorry bad parents?

Put a man in a British army uniform in some parts of Ireland 30 years ago and he wouldn't have lasted an hour. Does that prove we are all bad parents?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 04:02:34 PM

The vast majority of these crimes occurr in neighborhoods that white people wouldnt drive through at any time of the day or night. Apart from paying for welfare through their taxes, white people in general are not impacted by this stuff you read about in these bad neighbourhoods

It's a shame that's where tax money goes to. Worst still police officers are required to patrol such areas. Would be better to let them shoot it out amongst themselves. That way you wont get Sharpton and co complaining about the cops.

He's a baiter who uses the media to line his pockets. He gives the soundbytes to a section of his community when all the while he just gets paid nicely. Even Obama has to run everything through him first.

I see. So not only is he the main problem when it comes to the cops killing unarmed black men, but he's the real power behind the throne in the White House! 

There's plenty of folk behind the curtains but Sharpton is certainly a tool (!) who is more than willing to plunge his own community into chaos with a couple of inflammatory speeches here and there.
Creating tension between the police and communities isn't very helpful. If you check his track record of where he pops up you'll find certain patterns.
And again, if folk didn't carry guns and obeyed the police instructions they have nothing to worry about.

What about the 12 year old, playing with a toy gun, shot in 2 seconds?
MWWSI 2017

J70

I think you'll find that the tension between the police and those communities is more a product of police/justice system conduct in those communities than a couple of speeches by the likes of Sharpton. If I was a poor black person, I would certainly be telling my kids to take extra care when confronted by cops than I will my own white kids.
Sure, Sharpton jumps in to raise publicity in certain incidents, but he would hardly be in a position to do so if it wasn't ok with the respective families, now would he?
And why are right wingers so threatened and outraged by Sharpton, when their own ranks are replete with demagogues and thinly-disguised racists?

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 27, 2014, 04:08:06 PM

What about the 12 year old, playing with a toy gun, shot in 2 seconds?

did he look 12? Hard to tell sometimes.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 03:56:05 PM
What's your opinion, Foxcommander, on Fox News, Limbaugh and their lackeys putting the outrage machine into overdrive over the murder of the two cops, blaming DeBlasio and Sharpton, when there was nary a mention of the various murders of cops earlier this year by right wing, anti-government idiots? The recent seven week manhunt for the survivalist dude who walked up behind and put a bullet in the head of an unsuspecting PA state trooper was hardly covered by comparison. No political angles to be exploited explored in those murders...

Both sides of the media play their games. You have to be stupid not to see it.
If you watch CNN you'll see how biased they are and working towards another agenda. They give people like Roland Martin and Donna Brazil airtime to spew their views to the public and what they believe is certainly not hidden.
They covered the Trayvon Martin case like he was a saint and pretty much the same for Michael Brown, even transmitting his funeral!! I'm surprised they didn't ask Elton John to play Candle in the Wind at the gig, he was such a good lad.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 27, 2014, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 27, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
I think foxcommander needs to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Unbelieveably narrow thinking on such a subject.

I don't see the need to. You're making excuses for behavior issues.
Why should others have to put up with hoodlums who steal and kill for their own ends. Society is better off without them.

Why send in cops when we could nuke the place?

The world would be free of bad parenting forever!

First bit of sense you've shown in a while. Nuking it would probably cause millions worth of improvements to the areas. Save tons on welfare into the bargain. Everyone's a winner.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

I think you'll find that the tension between the police and those communities is more a product of police/justice system conduct in those communities than a couple of speeches by the likes of Sharpton. If I was a poor black person, I would certainly be telling my kids to take extra care when confronted by cops than I will my own white kids.
Sure, Sharpton jumps in to raise publicity in certain incidents, but he would hardly be in a position to do so if it wasn't ok with the respective families, now would he?
And why are right wingers so threatened and outraged by Sharpton, when their own ranks are replete with demagogues and thinly-disguised racists?

You're blaming the cops? You have to ask yourself why are the police going to these areas in the first place and risking their lives to protect people from their own communities. Put it another way, if people were behaving themselves would there be a need for police in their area?
but no..you're blaming the cops for stirring up trouble in the first place. Certainly no crime until they arrived....  ::)

No-one is threatened by Sharpton as he's just a troublemaker, but he seems to have the ear of influential people who are scared of the power he wields amongst his community. That's the problem. CNN gives him a platform as well which is dangerous.

whitey

13 people murdered in Chicago this week so far.......NOT A WORD!!!!!!

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 06:15:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

You're blaming the cops? You have to ask yourself why are the police going to these areas in the first place and risking their lives to protect people from their own communities. Put it another way, if people were behaving themselves would there be a need for police in their area?
but no..you're blaming the cops for stirring up trouble in the first place. Certainly no crime until they arrived....  ::)

No-one is threatened by Sharpton as he's just a troublemaker, but he seems to have the ear of influential people who are scared of the power he wields amongst his community. That's the problem. CNN gives him a platform as well which is dangerous.

Where did I say there was no crime or blame the cops first?

I said the behaviour of the police and the criminal justice system was far more of a factor than Al Sharpton.

The stats show that black people are more likely to be fucked over by the justice system. A black kid is more likely to go to prison than a white person for the same offense. The studies are out there. Yeah, sure, the crime rates are higher among blacks due to history and poverty, but that doesn't justify the inferior treatment they get from what is supposed to be a fair and colour-blind justice system. And if I was a law-abiding young black man, and I was repeatedly getting pulled over, questioned, and even brought down to the station, basically being treated as a potential criminal for no reason other than the colour of my skin, yes, I would have a pretty jaundiced view of the cops.

Anecdotal, but there was a Reuters or AP story just last week in which 25 black current and retired NYPD cops were interviewed, and all but two had been profiled by fellow officers in their private lives, some treated very poorly. Most were afraid to complain due to fears of retaliation by the department. I seriously doubt a sample of 25 white cops would have the same stories to tell. Again, anecdotal, but illustrative, there was a story from NYC a couple of weeks back, when the protesters blocked the FDR. Two college friends were taking part, one black, one white, both sitting immediately together. The black kid was thrown in the back of the police van. The cops told the white kid to get the hell out of there and go home! When the white kid protested, the cops started complaining about the hassle of having to deal with him.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 27, 2014, 06:19:44 PM
13 people murdered in Chicago this week so far.......NOT A WORD!!!!!!

And an ex-army guy with PTSD murdered 6 people in PA last week. Not much word about that either.

Inner-city murders and mass killings are old news, given the frequency with which they occur. People basically tune out. When nothing happened after Sandy Hook, when the NRA and their shills in Congress refused to even countenance even closing the most basic of background checking loopholes, people threw their hands up in despair. In the case of Chicago, a lot of people tune out as it doesn't affect them or their loved ones.

Cops, organs of the state, killing unarmed and innocent people is a different story.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 03:56:05 PM
What's your opinion, Foxcommander, on Fox News, Limbaugh and their lackeys putting the outrage machine into overdrive over the murder of the two cops, blaming DeBlasio and Sharpton, when there was nary a mention of the various murders of cops earlier this year by right wing, anti-government idiots? The recent seven week manhunt for the survivalist dude who walked up behind and put a bullet in the head of an unsuspecting PA state trooper was hardly covered by comparison. No political angles to be exploited explored in those murders...

Both sides of the media play their games. You have to be stupid not to see it.
If you watch CNN you'll see how biased they are and working towards another agenda. They give people like Roland Martin and Donna Brazil airtime to spew their views to the public and what they believe is certainly not hidden.
They covered the Trayvon Martin case like he was a saint and pretty much the same for Michael Brown, even transmitting his funeral!! I'm surprised they didn't ask Elton John to play Candle in the Wind at the gig, he was such a good lad.

CNN has nowhere near the influence in driving political discussion that Fox News and the right wing talk radio has. And having talking heads on to comment is not the same as having talking heads as presenters and drivers of interviews and agendas. There is no equivalent of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity on CNN. There is no equivalent of Rush Limbaugh or his hordes of immitators to bring power to bear on the left. And Fox NEws and talk radio basically work hand-in-hand. CNN, MSNBC etc are irrelevant by comparison to them. Tell us one Democratic politician who really gives a shit what CNN or MSNBC say. Now look at the power Fox/talk radio have over Republicans.

whitey

So a Genuine question for all you cop haters......how does a civilian police force effectively police a city that's a war zone.