The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 26, 2014, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 26, 2014, 05:31:02 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 25, 2014, 08:55:26 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 25, 2014, 05:40:23 PM
To think of the bigger picture here. Why in the world would an 18 year old have a gun.
And if his mother really questions why he was killed she obviously didn't know what her kid was up to. Parental failure yet again.
Can't blame the cops for unruly kids.

Sweet. The rest of the world can absolve itself completely from any responsibility.

More turkey.

The buck stops with the parents. If they aren't capable of raising them they shouldn't have them in the first place. They certainly don't add anything to the planet?

It IS the parents responsibility. I'd be a bit more understanding if this was someone who was older but at 18 a parent should be still in tune with what goes on under their roof, where their kid is at night and who their kid is hanging out with.

Ferrero Rocher anyone??

Are you for real?

We used to send kids to college in Ireland at 16.

What relevance is that to this debate? I hardly think this hoodlum was a Yale or Harvard student.
Maybe his mother thought he was off to bible camp every night  ::)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

whitey

Most people could give a $hit. 

The vast majority of these crimes occurr in neighborhoods that white people wouldnt drive through at any time of the day or night. Apart from paying for welfare through their taxes, white people in general are not impacted by this stuff you read about in these bad neighbourhoods

tyssam5

How's the Ebola going?

I heard earlier in the year that Obama has started a savage outbreak of it? I expect the new republican congress have got it under control?

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on December 26, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

The vast majority of these crimes occurr in neighborhoods that white people wouldnt drive through at any time of the day or night. Apart from paying for welfare through their taxes, white people in general are not impacted by this stuff you read about in these bad neighbourhoods

It's a shame that's where tax money goes to. Worst still police officers are required to patrol such areas. Would be better to let them shoot it out amongst themselves. That way you wont get Sharpton and co complaining about the cops.

whitey

thats whats so frustrating about whats happening in NYC. The cops there actually do care.....all credit is due to Giuliani and Bloomberg. Zero tolerance, aggressive policing has helped bring the murder rate down to its lowest levels in 20 years.

In Chicago (again in my opinion) the cops are more of the opinion that as long as the minorities are killing themselves....who cares. Theres complete areas of the South and West sides that are no go areas.

Stop and frisk actually works....as annoying and offensive as it must be to law abiding minority citizens. It would never fly in a Democratic run city Like Chicago hence the murder and mayhem that ensues. Giuliani and Bloomberg had the balls to implement it....Deblasio and his ilk are looking to dismantle it.  its really a shame

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chicago-struggles-combat-gun-violence-article-1.1271786

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 26, 2014, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 25, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2014, 10:37:37 PM
http://www.wsj.com/video/new-footage-of-missouri-police-shooting/315B746D-037D-4232-AE34-00FB59EFD9DB.html

Hard to make much out of that.
Jeez muppet
Will you two get a room and stop criticsising everything each other posts just because it's one of you - you two are draining the spirit of Christmas outta me !!

Def parents and bad parenting has some part to play sometimes , but even well brought up kids end up doing/dealing drugs/falling foul of the law etc

Yes muppet I was one of those younger ones heading to college - but was smart enough to know right from wrong. . I see parents around here abjecting parenting responsibility and their kids are future jailbirds/law transgressors ( in trouble already at 11-13 with the cops)

Too much bad parenting in USA - but that's not always the problem. It's just one potential contributing factor. USA in many ways is just a fcuked up country.

There are worse places IMO - tin pot countries where the cops are all powerful and the locals can get off with anything if they are wealthy, well connected and publicly apologise ....( for attempted murder, shootings, blackmail, extortion, embezzlement. Political office corruption)
Places like Aruba , Jamaica , Cayman Islands etc

I don't think I am disagreeing with you.

It was the one size fits all tiny minds - bad parenting is responsible for everything - attitude that annoyed me. Pontificating about not knowing the whereabouts of 18 year olds is just naive in the extreme in good areas. In bad areas where the single mother has 3 jobs just to feed her kid, this attitude is just stupid meaningless rhetoric for the ladies who lunch types. The GAA equivalent to this thinking, is to take off the corner forward when you are 20 points down.

What is sad is the extreme ring wing attitude exposed above, i.e. it is their own fault and we should impose martial law until they cop themselves on. If that means shooting them dead for raising an arm then so be it. Even if they are 12 years old.

The populist whinging about spending tax payers money is even more comical. What would these places if there was less money spent on them?
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on December 26, 2014, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 26, 2014, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: muppet on December 25, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2014, 10:37:37 PM
http://www.wsj.com/video/new-footage-of-missouri-police-shooting/315B746D-037D-4232-AE34-00FB59EFD9DB.html

Hard to make much out of that.
Jeez muppet
Will you two get a room and stop criticsising everything each other posts just because it's one of you - you two are draining the spirit of Christmas outta me !!

Def parents and bad parenting has some part to play sometimes , but even well brought up kids end up doing/dealing drugs/falling foul of the law etc

Yes muppet I was one of those younger ones heading to college - but was smart enough to know right from wrong. . I see parents around here abjecting parenting responsibility and their kids are future jailbirds/law transgressors ( in trouble already at 11-13 with the cops)

Too much bad parenting in USA - but that's not always the problem. It's just one potential contributing factor. USA in many ways is just a fcuked up country.

There are worse places IMO - tin pot countries where the cops are all powerful and the locals can get off with anything if they are wealthy, well connected and publicly apologise ....( for attempted murder, shootings, blackmail, extortion, embezzlement. Political office corruption)
Places like Aruba , Jamaica , Cayman Islands etc

I don't think I am disagreeing with you.

It was the one size fits all tiny minds - bad parenting is responsible for everything - attitude that annoyed me. Pontificating about not knowing the whereabouts of 18 year olds is just naive in the extreme in good areas. In bad areas where the single mother has 3 jobs just to feed her kid, this attitude is just stupid meaningless rhetoric for the ladies who lunch types. The GAA equivalent to this thinking, is to take off the corner forward when you are 20 points down.

What is sad is the extreme ring wing attitude exposed above, i.e. it is their own fault and we should impose martial law until they cop themselves on. If that means shooting them dead for raising an arm then so be it. Even if they are 12 years old.

The populist whinging about spending tax payers money is even more comical. What would these places if there was less money spent on them?

LOL....spend a week on the South side of Chicago, then come back and give us your updated opinion......if youre still alive

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 26, 2014, 11:09:21 PM
thats whats so frustrating about whats happening in NYC. The cops there actually do care.....all credit is due to Giuliani and Bloomberg. Zero tolerance, aggressive policing has helped bring the murder rate down to its lowest levels in 20 years.

In Chicago (again in my opinion) the cops are more of the opinion that as long as the minorities are killing themselves....who cares. Theres complete areas of the South and West sides that are no go areas.

Stop and frisk actually works....as annoying and offensive as it must be to law abiding minority citizens. It would never fly in a Democratic run city Like Chicago hence the murder and mayhem that ensues. Giuliani and Bloomberg had the balls to implement it....Deblasio and his ilk are looking to dismantle it.  its really a shame

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chicago-struggles-combat-gun-violence-article-1.1271786

You're asking black and Hispanic men to accept racial profiling for the greater good, to have their lives disrupted by harassment and suspicion,  purely because of their skin colour. Easy to support when you're not personally subject to it.

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on December 26, 2014, 11:52:58 PM

Bad parenting is the starting point. You take on a responsibility. If you can't look after a puppy properly should you have one?

theskull1

I think foxcommander needs to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Unbelieveably narrow thinking on such a subject.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 26, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

It's a shame that's where tax money goes to. Worst still police officers are required to patrol such areas. Would be better to let them shoot it out amongst themselves. That way you wont get Sharpton and co complaining about the cops.

Yes, Sharpton is the main problem.   :o

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 10:52:27 AM

He's a baiter who uses the media to line his pockets. He gives the soundbytes to a section of his community when all the while he just gets paid nicely. Even Obama has to run everything through him first.

foxcommander

Quote from: theskull1 on December 27, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
I think foxcommander needs to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Unbelieveably narrow thinking on such a subject.

I don't see the need to. You're making excuses for behavior issues.
Why should others have to put up with hoodlums who steal and kill for their own ends. Society is better off without them.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 27, 2014, 03:42:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 10:52:27 AM

He's a baiter who uses the media to line his pockets. He gives the soundbytes to a section of his community when all the while he just gets paid nicely. Even Obama has to run everything through him first.

I see. So not only is he the main problem when it comes to the cops killing unarmed black men, but he's the real power behind the throne in the White House! 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! :D :o

J70

What's your opinion, Foxcommander, on Fox News, Limbaugh and their lackeys putting the outrage machine into overdrive over the murder of the two cops, blaming DeBlasio and Sharpton, when there was nary a mention of the various murders of cops earlier this year by right wing, anti-government idiots? The recent seven week manhunt for the survivalist dude who walked up behind and put a bullet in the head of an unsuspecting PA state trooper was hardly covered by comparison. No political angles to be exploited explored in those murders...