The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 11:59:23 AM
Quote from: full back on October 28, 2009, 11:54:11 AM
Quote from: rory on October 28, 2009, 11:38:46 AM
On Talk Sport last night, ex-referee, Jeff Winter, said that referees have a fear of making a mistake against Utd, 'cos they know they won't get any more big games if they do.  It affects their performance.

First time I've herad a ref saying that.  And as the guys on Talk Sport said, it can't be good for the game.......

He isnt a ref, he is an ex-ref
Attention seeking jumped up pr1ck at that

Is it cause he's wrong he's attention seeking or cause he dared speak out against the untouchable one's?

Ferguson is far from untouchable & should be punished if he steps out of line in the same way other managers are. There should be no exceptions

Winter is an attention seeking pr1ck
He is looking to carve out a media career for himself & talks out at every opportunity to be controversial

Doogie Browser

I see the Great White Hope that is Aquilani could make his debut tonight, has a signing ever had as much pressure at Liverpool?  Everyone is expecting him to make an immediate impact.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 28, 2009, 01:09:51 PM
I see the Great White Hope that is Aquilani could make his debut tonight, has a signing ever had as much pressure at Liverpool?  Everyone is expecting him to make an immediate impact.

Everyone that hasn't a clue probably are, he has played 15 mins since last season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2009, 01:38:58 PM

Everyone that hasn't a clue probably are, he has played 15 mins since last season.
By all accounts that is an injury free run for him  :P

GalwayBayBoy

I don't think people are expecting that much from him this side of Christmas anyway. Sure he hasn't played in ages. Probably won't even see the best of him until next season.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 28, 2009, 02:59:19 PM

I don't think people are expecting that much from him this side of Christmas anyway. Sure he hasn't played in ages. Probably won't even see the best of him until next season.
Why spend 20 odd mill on him then?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 28, 2009, 03:11:04 PM

I imagine because he signed a 5 year contract not a 5 month one.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 28, 2009, 03:16:55 PM

Just thought with the lack of signings at Anfield this was a very strange one, you only bought him & Johnson all summer.  Villa bought Downing - who was injured too - but also 3/4 other players.  Seems like all your eggs in one basket kind of management and hence my comment about great expectations.

Minder

It wasn't a six month contract Doogie, in fairness they didn't expect him to be out as long this season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 28, 2009, 03:22:39 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 28, 2009, 03:16:55 PM

Just thought with the lack of signings at Anfield this was a very strange one, you only bought him & Johnson all summer.  Villa bought Downing - who was injured too - but also 3/4 other players.  Seems like all your eggs in one basket kind of management and hence my comment about great expectations.

I think it was done to death last week about signings, transfer funds etc. Liverpool need to be spending at that end of market to get in quality internationals, which we hope Aquaman is. No point spending 6/7m on 2 or 3 playersof which we porb have in squad - Lucas, Babel, Riera, Dossena etc. We needed to replace Alonso with someone of similar standing or class. Time will tell if was the right move.

DennistheMenace

Bit harsh putting Riera in with that other lot.

Babel has proved nowt and is time to leave I feel.

Lucas is never a starting top four midfielder but could be a useful squad addition, definitely not a regular.

Dossenea, the less said the better.

bingobus

Quote from: DennistheMenace on October 28, 2009, 04:29:44 PM
Bit harsh putting Riera in with that other lot.

Babel has proved nowt and is time to leave I feel.

Lucas is never a starting top four midfielder but could be a useful squad addition, definitely not a regular.

Dossenea, the less said the better.

Missed my point been that we have enough average/squad players priced at the 6/7m bracket and that we need to be sending at the top end of market to improve the squad.

norabeag

DennistheMenace

Well I think that is pretty obvious when you look at some of the players Rafa has brought in who are as you say squad players but the issue is the yanks don't have the money.

Aquilani is a very good player and I can seem slotting well into the centre midfield but it will take time for him to get full fitness not to mention cope with the physical demands of English football, something that is of great contrast to his playing career in Serie A.

bingobus

Quote from: norabeag on October 28, 2009, 04:36:46 PM
Big chance to do two in a row tonight.

Not likely. Rumoured team:

cavalieri
degen 
skrtel
krygiakos 
dossena
eccleston
spearing
plessis