The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

I dint really want to start another "my da has a bigger dick than yours" with the United wans but I would say he is the best keeper in the world at present. The lazy option is to say " but what about Casillas?", anyone that does hasn't seen him play for Madrid lately, and In particular last week against AC Milan.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Chrisowc

Quote from: Minder on October 27, 2009, 06:24:20 PM
I dint really want to start another "my da has a bigger dick than yours" with the United wans but I would say he is the best keeper in the world at present. The lazy option is to say " but what about Casillas?", anyone that does hasn't seen him play for Madrid lately, and In particular last week against AC Milan.

I thought he was playing well before the Meelan match.  One save in particular against Sevilla was amazing.

Minus15

What about Gary Neville last night. I'd say Hammill must have been giving him some stick about Sunday

bingobus

What a difference a week makes  ;D Alot less posters on this thread this week.

Strange game tonight. Can't really win in terms of credit: Win and it was only Arsenals reserves, lose and its an outrage like a few seasons back.

I imagine it'll be a strongish side, bit like Leeds. Skrtel, Agger, Dossena, Lucas, Babel, Ngog - should all start. Right back could be hard to call if Johnson needs to rest his injury, possibly Darby slotting in with Kelly injured. Spearing or Plessis will also start.

Hopefully Aquaman will get a good 30 minutes at the end.

Hopefully can pull through to keep build on last Sundays walkover.

Declan

QuoteAfter last weeks onslaught at Rafa, Liverpool players, club etc but you not think that Fergie is getting off lightly at present? Would you not think that United are a shadow of the team they where? I couldn't believe how timid and lacklustre they where on Sunday.
Giggs has been Uniteds main man so far this season and he can't do it all at his age. I hate using "ifs" but if United hadn't got the late goals against City and Sunderland, they'd be right down beside liverpool. Even against Bolton they nearly let it slip.
They are not the force out wide they where and at the back they look very suspect. I think they are far from what they where, will still be a major force and its clear thant a lot of points will be dropped by all sides this year.

Spot on Bingo

gawa316

Quote from: bingobus on October 28, 2009, 10:05:42 AM
What a difference a week makes  ;D Alot less posters on this thread this week.

Strange game tonight. Can't really win in terms of credit: Win and it was only Arsenals reserves, lose and its an outrage like a few seasons back.

I imagine it'll be a strongish side, bit like Leeds. Skrtel, Agger, Dossena, Lucas, Babel, Ngog - should all start. Right back could be hard to call if Johnson needs to rest his injury, possibly Darby slotting in with Kelly injured. Spearing or Plessis will also start.

Hopefully Aquaman will get a good 30 minutes at the end.

Hopefully can pull through to keep build on last Sundays walkover.

Yeah I'd say you're mostly right. ITK on rawk was saying Gerrard hasn't travelled but Torres, Aquaman and very few ressies have. Like you say it really is a no win situation.

Team something like this, with Aquaman getting a wee run out

Cavalieri
Degen Skrtel Agger Insua
          Lucas Spearing
Kuyt        Voronin   Babel
               Ngog

Chrisowc

Spearing needs to show more than he has so far against Leeds and Sunderland.

I see Roberto Martinez has told us what we all know and exposed Fergie and his old pals act.  Dave Whelan won't be pleased.  Who does the greasy wop think he is?

bingobus

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 28, 2009, 10:43:47 AM

I see Roberto Martinez has told us what we all know and exposed Fergie and his old pals act.  Dave Whelan won't be pleased.  Who does the greasy wop think he is?

I thought Spearing done fairly ok against leeds, less so against Sunderland but the whole team was a let down that day.

Forgot about Degen, he done well at leeds. Hope he makes it through the warm up.

I'd say Whelan has emptied every flower shop in greater manchester at this stage already  ;D

Minder

United play Blackburn this weekend so Taggart will be drafting Fat Sams press conference notes for him as we speak, the phrases "johnny foreigner" "greatest manager ever" "foreigners taking our jobs" are set to feature heavily.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 28, 2009, 10:43:47 AM

what did martinez say?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rory

On Talk Sport last night, ex-referee, Jeff Winter, said that referees have a fear of making a mistake against Utd, 'cos they know they won't get any more big games if they do.  It affects their performance.

First time I've herad a ref saying that.  And as the guys on Talk Sport said, it can't be good for the game.......

Chrisowc

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2009, 10:56:17 AM
United play Blackburn this weekend so Taggart will be drafting Fat Sams press conference notes for him as we speak, the phrases "johnny foreigner" "greatest manager ever" "foreigners taking our jobs" are set to feature heavily.

Beyond the pale.

full back

Quote from: rory on October 28, 2009, 11:38:46 AM
On Talk Sport last night, ex-referee, Jeff Winter, said that referees have a fear of making a mistake against Utd, 'cos they know they won't get any more big games if they do.  It affects their performance.

First time I've herad a ref saying that.  And as the guys on Talk Sport said, it can't be good for the game.......

He isnt a ref, he is an ex-ref
Attention seeking jumped up pr1ck at that