The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

EC Unique

Quote from: Hound on February 06, 2009, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: WaterBoy on February 06, 2009, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: nifan on February 06, 2009, 09:38:20 AM
I see rafa was talking of striking options int he wake of selling keane.
He went as far as mentioning Nemeth (season long loan and broken cheekbone right now) and Pacheco

Where did you see this? I heard him mention Torres Babel Kuyt an Ngog but not Nemeth and Pacheco.  Nemeth is only on a months loan, probably another month before he is back from his injury though.  After his performances last season in the ressies and pachecos form in pre-season loads of liverpool fans were complaining about Rafa for not giving them a go, now they are complaining cos he is mentioning them as options.
It was on the Liverpool website. He mentioned Kuyt, Babel, Ngog, Nemeth, Pacheco, Benayoun and el Zhar as striking options. No Voronin though!

Torres (fit but tired) and Alonso (knock on his ankle) both doubtful for Saturday. Lucas suspended.

Does this make sense for a premier player who is by far the best striking option on a team trying to win the league?

WaterBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2009, 04:30:19 PM
He went as far as mentioning Nemeth (season long loan and broken cheekbone right now) and Pacheco

Where did you see this? I heard him mention Torres Babel Kuyt an Ngog but not Nemeth and Pacheco.  Nemeth is only on a months loan, probably another month before he is back from his injury though.  After his performances last season in the ressies and pachecos form in pre-season loads of liverpool fans were complaining about Rafa for not giving them a go, now they are complaining cos he is mentioning them as options.
It was on the Liverpool website. He mentioned Kuyt, Babel, Ngog, Nemeth, Pacheco, Benayoun and el Zhar as striking options. No Voronin though!

Torres (fit but tired) and Alonso (knock on his ankle) both doubtful for Saturday. Lucas suspended.

Does this make sense for a premier player who is by far the best striking option on a team trying to win the league?

Does what make sense?
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

EC Unique

I just think it strange that a player of his calibre is doubtful because he is 'tired' when Liverpool are desperate for points and goals. Should he not be told to get out there and get on with it?

(by the way I am not on the wind up here!)

An Fear Rua

Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2009, 04:43:59 PM
I just think it strange that a player of his calibre is doubtful because he is 'tired' when Liverpool are desperate for points and goals. Should he not be told to get out there and get on with it?

(by the way I am not on the wind up here!)

Depends on desperate he is to play for Spain next week...
Its Grim up North

Tony Baloney

Quote from: WaterBoy on February 06, 2009, 04:39:43 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2009, 04:30:19 PM

Does what make sense?
The fact that he's not injured and yet is being rested when the push is on for the league with an already threadbare strike force. How tired would he be if he had played all season?

WaterBoy

Its not that he doesnt want to play, he isnt long back after a persistent hamstring injury and has played 3 or 4 games in a row including extra time on wed night so naturally enough he is tired. When your muscles are tired is when you pick up injuries, so Rafa has to decide if he will have recovered enough to play without risking injury.  It is better to be without him for one game than missing him for a month or more

WaterBoy

I cant see anything on the liverpool website were he mentions Nemeth or Pacheco

This is a quote from Rafa in the same article as he mentions Torres being Tired and Alsonso having a knock on is ankle

"We have enough quality. Kuyt, Babel, Torres, Ngog - we have a lot of different options up front. Benayoun played as a second striker the other day"

nifan

From the times (and the same one i saw elsewhere)

"If Fernando Torres is injured we have Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel, David Ngog and if we need other players we have good youngsters in the reserves, Dani Pacheco and Krisztian Nemeth. While Yossi Benayoun can play as a second striker. "

WaterBoy

Tommy Tibbs

Setanta Sports 1 now, the Vorinator has scored one and hit the cross bar in the first 20 mins  :o, while I have absolutely no faith in him maybe its worth recalling the man. Knowing Rafa's stubborness if he was on fire he wudnt even consider it. Next two league game crucial for the reds, 6 points with stevie would be a massive lift, here's hoping. :-\

EC Unique

QuoteROBBIE KEANE knew it was time to quit Liverpool when he failed to make Rafa Benitez's 18-man squad for last month's FA Cup clash with Everton.
The Republic of Ireland striker thought he was realising a lifetime's ambition when he moved to Anfield last summer.

But that dream quickly degenerated into a nightmare and Keane has absolutely no doubts who was to blame.

Reds boss Benitez this week slammed Keane for failing to meet Liverpool's high standards as he tried to explain the £12million sale of a player who had cost his club £20.3m just six months earlier.

Those accusations were certainly news to the player, who reckons communication with the moody Spaniard was virtually non-existent.

Keane, giving his first interview since his return to Tottenham on Monday, said: "He never explained to me why he left me out of his team and he never told me that he was selling me.

"I never had one bad word with anyone, I didn't have a fight with the manager, I was never late for training and I worked my socks off every day to help the team. If I was a bad egg then maybe I could understand what happened. But I'm as baffled as you lot.

"I did everything in my power to make things work but sometimes a manager just doesn't fancy you as a player. It's as simple as that."

Keane, 28, bit his tongue after finding himself back on the bench despite scoring twice in Liverpool's Boxing Day win over Bolton.

But the final straw was surrendering his place in the squad to teenager David Ngog for the crucial FA Cup fourth-round clash with Everton.

He admitted: "To be left out of the squad entirely, I found that difficult to take. It was the first time in my career that had happened to me. The first time since I was 17.

"I just wanted to be treated the same as everyone else and I think I've proved over the years that I'm quite capable of doing a job and scoring goals.

"No disrespect to any player at Liverpool, but if you look at my record compared to theirs, I think it's a bit better.

"I know for a fact that as long as I am given an opportunity, I will score goals. I don't have to prove that to anybody.

"When I signed for Liverpool the manager told me he wanted me as a second striker to Fernando Torres.

"Unfortunately, Fernando was injured for a lot of my time there and we only played a few games together.

"So I was playing as a lone striker and everyone knows I am not a targetman.

"I was also playing on the left wing, and that's not my game either. I played out of position quite a few times.

"It's never easy for a striker when you're in and out of the side. I need to play to keep up my fitness and for sharpness.

"Unfortunately, I didn't play as often as I'd have liked. And when I'm not playing, I do get disappointed and I do get down. That's the way I am.

"But I don't regard moving to Liverpool as a mistake and I never regret anything I do in my career.

"I went there and it didn't work out. With a different manager, maybe it could have been a different story."

Keane will wear the captain's armband for his second Spurs debut tomorrow — a White Hart Lane clash with bitter London rivals Arsenal.

And the Irishman cannot wait to develop a working understanding with Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp.

Keane said: "Harry is well-known for having a great relationship with his players and he knows how to get the best from them.

"He speaks to his players and when he signs them, he certainly gives them an opportunity. And that's something I'm relishing."

Keane scored 107 goals in 254 games for Spurs during his previous six-year spell at White Hart Lane and Redknapp will be the sixth different manager he has played for at the north London club.

Enthusiasm
The striker is under orders from his new boss to shake up the dressing-room and get Tottenham's under-performing stars on their toes.

Redknapp said: "We've got a very quiet team here and we need people who will speak their mind and say what they feel if someone is not pulling his weight.

"Only a certain few players have got Robbie's enthusiasm. He's like Carlos Tevez. He's got fantastic energy and movement and when he loses the ball he chases after it like kids do in the school playground.

"He's already given us a real lift in training this week.

"All the other players are really glad to have him back."

Keane insists he will not be tip-toeing around his team-mates as he looks to drag Spurs away from the relegation zone. They are only one point clear of 18th place.

And Keane declared: "There's no doubt we let things slide after the Carling Cup final last season and went downhill from there.

"It's clear to see the lads are low on confidence and, for all the quality we have here, the reality is Spurs are in a relegation battle.

"It's up to me to help get them going. I certainly feel fresh. And that's a fact."

QuoteROBBIE KEANE would give away his medal if Liverpool won the Premier League.
The striker insists the gong is worthless after the way he was treated by Rafa Benitez.

Keane, who returned to Tottenham this week just six months after Kop boss Benitez signed him, said: "Winning the Premier League would mean nothing at all to me now.

"My brother is a Liverpool fan so I'd probably give it to him. The way I look at it is that a medal means something when you are a part of the squad and involved in winning a trophy.

"When you are in and out of the squad and not involved in games, there are times when you don't feel part of it.

"Next month's Carling Cup final means more to me because I'm a Tottenham player now, even though I can't play.

"Liverpool is gone. It's the past. What happens there now is not my problem."

Liverpool paid Spurs £20.3million for Keane but sold him back for £12m on Monday.

He played 16 league games, with 10 qualifying him for a medal.

And in a blast at Benitez, Keane said: "I did everything possible to succeed and with a different manager I could have made it work."

Can hardly blame him for thinking liike this :-\

Norf Tyrone

Feel sorry for the fella to be fair. Can you imagine being signed by your boyhood club, and it all going as wrong as it did. Probably even worse when he didn't get a decent bit. Wouldit have worked out better if he was called Roberto del Keano?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Carmen Stateside

Nice work Gab!
Stick me on that list!

Missed the cup game during the week, kind of glad i did!
So who all missing today?

nutsy--1

so whats the most likely line up??

Riena

Arbeloa carragher srktel Dossena

Benayoun Mascherano ?????? Babel

Kuyt ?????????