The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

The World Cup may be a real godsend. A number of key players will rest and recuperate and then hopefully reignite after it. Played well in the first half and were still dangerous in second half but defensively it was pressurised. Konate has been a huge bonus being back. He is something else

TabClear

Quote from: Hound on November 07, 2022, 09:56:09 AM
Played really well in the first half, it was clear from early on that Salah was on fire. And Nunez while very raw has settled in nicely. When he's running with the ball he cause chaos, not always in a good way, but he's entertaining!

We were poor again in the second half. Thiago and Bobby in particular were just very sloppy and we handed back possession continuously. Spurs can only blame themselves for not getting the draw.  2-0 at the break I would have had Trent off. Some of his passing was absolutely sublime, but truly awful defensively again.

Agree with this. Trent is a massive problem defensively. He is so narrow that there is always an outlet ball for the opposition to that wing and we know the issues in behind. If Son had been playing we would have had an even bigger issue yesterday.

I genuinely think its time to try to move him into midfield as his passing last night was absolutely unreal. Could he do the Alonso type role? He is fit, his tackling is reasonable and he sees passes other players dont.  I am sure Klopp has considered this but if it worked that would solve a major problem going forward in terms of age profile in there. Obviously LFC have 2 young backups for the RB position so while you will miss his creativity out there, both Bradley and Ramsay look promising longterm.

Nunez is a wrecking ball albeit very raw. I thought Konate was excellent yesterday as well, he has been a big loss all year. Allison excellent again bar his one mistake. Says a lot when he has been Liverpool's most consistent player all year.

Liverpool have beat 3 of the current top 4 this year and lost to the bottom team. Go figure.

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 07, 2022, 10:12:22 AM
The World Cup may be a real godsend. A number of key players will rest and recuperate and then hopefully reignite after it. Played well in the first half and were still dangerous in second half but defensively it was pressurised. Konate has been a huge bonus being back. He is something else

Konate is a good player and drives forward when he gets a chance, but Liverpool were just OK in the first half, gifted a goal by England international Dier to ease into a 2 goal lead only to be hanging on at the end.

Still not there, but i suppose you go to a top four contenders patch and come away with a win is progress of sorts, but way down on the performances of the last few years.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 07, 2022, 07:34:48 AM
At least it gives Trailer a week off.

Up to 8th. If you can just maintain this unbeaten run of <checks notes> 1 game... you never know. Not much room for error though.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on November 07, 2022, 11:04:33 AM

Up to 8th. If you can just maintain this unbeaten run of <checks notes> 1 game... you never know. Not much room for error though.

Good to see you. We were starting to worry!

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 07, 2022, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 07, 2022, 11:04:33 AM

Good to see you. We were starting to worry!

Thank you for your concern.

Real Madrid draw a bit shit. But an early exit will allow Flopp time to regroup and focus on next year.

Capt Pat

I wouldn't have chosen real madrid in the last 16, but I am happy enough to get a shot at Real Madrid again. We should have beaten them in the final.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 07, 2022, 11:38:13 AM
I wouldn't have chosen real madrid in the last 16, but I am happy enough to get a shot at Real Madrid again. We should have beaten them in the final.

Deffo owe them one but not confident. A lot can change between now and then. Lets just focus on Derby on Wed nite first 😉😃

J70

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: J70 on November 07, 2022, 12:54:32 PM
FSG just announced they're open to selling the club.

Jesus theyve took the champs league draw bad. Keep the faith lads we're bound to bate them some year 😂😂

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on November 07, 2022, 12:54:32 PM
FSG just announced they're open to selling the club.
Would Liverpool fans be happy with a city/newcastle style oil money owner?