The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

If I was Brendan Rodgers I'd be worried about the lack of a striker in the window. (Even in Ings comes in that's not exactly what we were thinking of). To me, this says the owners don't want to give him any more money, and he needs to prove that he can finish strong with what he has, before they spend again.

If he has a bad end to the season, I think they might start looking around.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2015, 10:47:01 AM
If I was Brendan Rodgers I'd be worried about the lack of a striker in the window. (Even in Ings comes in that's not exactly what we were thinking of). To me, this says the owners don't want to give him any more money, and he needs to prove that he can finish strong with what he has, before they spend again.

If he has a bad end to the season, I think they might start looking around.
They need someone who can spot talent that isn't too expensive and build it into a team.
Simeone at Atletico has that. Rodgers doesn't seem to. It's a very rare talent as well.

blewuporstuffed

At this stage it looks very unlikley anyone will come in in the window at all TBH.
I think the fact they recalled Ibe from loan indicates there are now plans for new attacking players to come in.
The only way i see them buying is if someone goes the other way, like Borini possibly
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mb80b60

Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2015, 10:45:06 AM
Danny Ings. Thoughts?

Seems yet another player to be signed for his potential or the future, rather than a proven big game player who would slot straight into the starting 11.

And once again likely to be loaned straight back. But sure he is cheap  ::)

Why would Rodgers be loaning Ings back for the rest of the season when his contract is up in the summer anyway?  What's the point in paying a fee when he can pick him up for nothing in a few months?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: mb80b60 on January 30, 2015, 11:52:55 AM
Danny Ings. Thoughts?

Seems yet another player to be signed for his potential or the future, rather than a proven big game player who would slot straight into the starting 11.

Why would Rodgers be loaning Ings back for the rest of the season when his contract is up in the summer anyway?  What's the point in paying a fee when he can pick him up for nothing in a few months?
i think the point is there will be a list of clubs looking to sign him in the summer, so the fee would be to secure the deal early. Spurs and david moyes at sociadad supposed to be interested also.
I think hes a good player, but they need something more than that, to compete at the level liverpool want to be at they need a world class attacker.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Danny Ings. Thoughts?

They can't pick him up for nothing,  he would draw at least a £3m compensation fee because of his age.  Also he can join any club he wants in the summer, if Liverpool buy him on the basis that he is loaned back then he is Liverpools player.  The reality is that it will cost Burnley more money to be relegated that any potential lose on Ings so they would be happy to hold off till the summer as he is such a key player for them in terms of staying up.  By loaning him back Rodgers is keeping them happy too.  Personally,  I would only take him as a player if he was joining now, but only if the price is right.  There's talk that it would be around £5m and the club have brought that in with transfers out so it is at not real cost but with DS15 a fitness liability there is a clear need for another striker and he would fit the bill as a cheap option.

annapr

I thought Ricky Lambert was suppose to fit the bill as a cheap option.
Liverpool will get nowhere signing players like Ings.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: annapr on January 30, 2015, 12:12:44 PM
I thought Ricky Lambert was suppose to fit the bill as a cheap option.
Liverpool will get nowhere signing players like Ings.

Lambert and Ings are 2 completely different players in terms of style and age profile.  He has the potential to be good and I reckon he would be the direct replacement for Borini in the squad eventually with a chance of bringing in decent money for him.  I agree though that there needs to be a better overall strike force but the club will not overpay for stars simply to have them.  As they only play with 1 striker they don't need 3-4 world class ones.  Sturridge and someone to replace Balo and then Ings would probably be what the club is looking at come summer.

rodney trotter

Bit similar to the Origi deal - . Origi's goal stats this season are far from impressive for a player signed for 10m

Walter Cronc

A player I think could be Liverpool bound is Theo Walcott. He's a Pool fan and I think has 18 months left on his existing contract at Arsenal. Currently on 100k a week he'll be looking in the 120-140k region if he is to renew his contract. I just cant see Wenger paying him that and you can see why. He's constantly injured and Sanchez, Welbeck and Ox are all better options imo. Would Liverpool fans want him, given his injury record?

Bingo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 30, 2015, 12:28:52 PM
A player I think could be Liverpool bound is Theo Walcott. He's a Pool fan and I think has 18 months left on his existing contract at Arsenal. Currently on 100k a week he'll be looking in the 120-140k region if he is to renew his contract. I just cant see Wenger paying him that and you can see why. He's constantly injured and Sanchez, Welbeck and Ox are all better options imo. Would Liverpool fans want him, given his injury record?

We have that boxed ticked.

Bit harsh on him as he has just suffered a very serious knee injury and before that was playing quite regularly.

With Sterling, Countinho, Markovic, Lallana I think Walcott would be in that bracket. Would rather that level of fee and wage was spent on a Costa i.e. an out and out striker with a nasty streak  :)

johnneycool

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 30, 2015, 11:56:02 AM
Danny Ings. Thoughts?

i think the point is there will be a list of clubs looking to sign him in the summer, so the fee would be to secure the deal early. Spurs and david moyes at sociadad supposed to be interested also.
I think hes a good player, but they need something more than that, to compete at the level liverpool want to be at they need a world class attacker.

yeah,
     sign Ings now before Bayern Munich or Real Madrid step up their interest in July!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnneycool on January 30, 2015, 12:57:48 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 30, 2015, 11:56:02 AM
Danny Ings. Thoughts?

yeah,
     sign Ings now before Bayern Munich or Real Madrid step up their interest in July!
If suarez was still here playing up front with sturridge, i would be happy enough with signing danny Ings as  a 3rd striker as i think he is a decent player and very good finisher. But i would hope the sights would be set on someone a bit better with sturridge the only main striker and his injury record.

Lavezzi from PSG being linked again.worth a punt at £14m?
probably not in the bracket of player i would like to see them signing either tho.

Minder

Ings can't be bought & loaned back in the same transfer window
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Came across this - apologies if it has been posted before.