The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 31, 2015, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
Liverpool should look to sign a real penalty box predator like ings Charlie Austin or Gary hooper

Plus three good centre halves still required ( cover for injuries as well as replacing the below par lightweights already there - though can doing a decent turn out of position)

You can't have seen many of the recent games. Sakho has been excellent and no coincidence that their unbeaten league
run coincided with him coming into the team.

Yeah fair fcuks to Sakho, could never see him shaping up but he has been excellent the last few games
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sidney

More points gained on the top two today. We're reeling in the small fry, inexorably. We've won the league before after being 20 points behind at Christmas so this is in no way precedential.

mackers

Excellent day in Liverpool yesterday. The match started with big Andy bullying a few of our defenders, primarily Can. Liverpool looked dangerous going forward but were slow to pull the trigger. Coutinho and Sterling are out of this world, really impressed with both of them. Every time they were on the ball West Ham panicked and there was a buzz in the crowd.  The defence was solid with big Sakho coming on leaps and bounds, very impressive. Can seemed to be rattled by big Andy and never really recovered.
Sturridge got a great reception every time he got up to warm up with the West Ham fans singing "You're just a sh1t Luis Suarez", Sturridge just laughed and encouraged them!
Sturridge showed how to finish a chance, one touch and bang whereas Coutinho and Sterling had seemed hesitant in the first half. Best for the Pool were Sakho, Henderson, Coutinho , Sterling and obv Sturridge when he came on.  Also impressed by Mereno.
Very lucky in getting a taxi back out to the airport, left when they announced the additional time and got a taxi driver sitting outside the petrol station at the back of the Kop waiting to take another fare. His eyes lit up when I said we were heading for the airport. The guys he was supposed to take rang him on the journey out and f'ed him out of it.  Thanks for the advice Deiseach!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

Gerrard or Lallana at this stage.

Hendo, Lucas, Coutinho are playing very well, as is Sterling.

Would rather see Benteke in than Ings, however ultimately need someone above that bracket.

annapr

Quote from: supersub on February 01, 2015, 02:35:53 PM
Gerrard or Lallana at this stage.

Hendo, Lucas, Coutinho are playing very well, as is Sterling.

Would rather see Benteke in than Ings, however ultimately need someone above that bracket.
Gary Hooper is the man!

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Sidney on February 01, 2015, 01:57:34 AM
More points gained on the top two today. We're reeling in the small fry, inexorably. We've won the league before after being 20 points behind at Christmas so this is in no way precedential.

Next five league games are Everton, Spurs, Southampton and Man City.  Add in a pair of games against Besitkas in February as well so it will be interesting to say the least to look at the table on Monday March 2.

deiseach

I've been thinking over the last few pages "what has he got to do with anything?"

JoG2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 11:25:40 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 31, 2015, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 07:52:12 PM
Liverpool should look to sign a real penalty box predator like ings Charlie Austin or Gary hooper

Plus three good centre halves still required ( cover for injuries as well as replacing the below par lightweights already there - though can doing a decent turn out of position)

You can't have seen many of the recent games. Sakho has been excellent and no coincidence that their unbeaten league
run coincided with him coming into the team.
Hasn't impressed me tbh

how? they have conceded 2 goals in the last 6 matches, 1 from a free kick and the other a penalty.
I wasnt convinced at the start, but Sakho has been first class of late.

supersarsfields

LB have you watched many of the games lately? Sakho has been very good for the last half dozen games. I honestly don't know how anyone who had seen a bit of the games couldn't be impressed with him and the improvement. A strong, powerful CH who seems to be able to take charge. Liverpool have been crying out for that sort of player for the last couple of seasons. He's only 24, which is young for a CH. 

mb80b60

Bingo

In fairness when he mentioned Gary Hooper I stopped reading  :o

Gabriel_Hurl

Coutinho signed contract extension through to 2020

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 03, 2015, 03:46:13 PM
Coutinho signed contract extension through to 2020
Better than any new signing in the transfer window. He has been fantastic lately and Sturridge should really benefit from it now he has returned.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orior

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 02, 2015, 10:04:36 AM
LB have you watched many of the games lately? Sakho has been very good for the last half dozen games. I honestly don't know how anyone who had seen a bit of the games couldn't be impressed with him and the improvement. A strong, powerful CH who seems to be able to take charge. Liverpool have been crying out for that sort of player for the last couple of seasons. He's only 24, which is young for a CH.

Agreed. Sakho has settled in well and doing a great job.

In the semi-final game against Chelsa it was that arch tit w**ker Mario who was responsible for letting the Chelsea man have a free header.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians