The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Just wondering what the opinions are of Ballotelli at this point is he a bigger waste of money than Andy Carroll?
OK its a bit tongue in cheek, but genuine question.

Liverpool became considerably less of a threat once he came on last night IMO

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2015, 03:15:29 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 27, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
Massive effort, but when you're chasing a game, bringing on Mario, Johnson and Lambert isn't gonna cut the mustard against the likes of Chelsea

Sakho was missed when he went off. Can, Big Marty and Henderson (!) put in some shift
Yip, but probably the most important play of the game was Henderson missing an absolute sitter late on to take it to penalties. Gaping empty net to hit. He just lacks that little bit that would make him a top player.

That was brutal! I have great time for him, but as you say he needs to bring that bit of quality to his game to really push him on. He'll keep working at it, so hopefully he continues to improve.

mackers

Lads, looking a bit of information. I'm going to the West Ham match on Saturday (first time to go to Anfield!!). I'm flying in and out of Liverpool on Saturday.  Flight is into JL airport at 9.05 and I've booked a stadium tour for 10.40.  Flight home is at 7.45 pm so time wise things are tight.  Is it just a matter of getting a taxi to and from Anfield, if so, how hard is it to get a taxi straight after the match? How much would I expect to pay for a taxi? Would getting a bus/train leave things too tight for me?  There isn't a bus direct from the airport to Anfield is there?  Do you have to go through the city centre and switch? 
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

deiseach

Get a taxi. Forget about trying to get a bus/train to the airport. Trains don't go close and while the buses in Liverpool are generally very good it's not straightforward to get from Anfield to Speke. As for timing, I think you'd be okay. The problem isn't getting a taxi as the Blueshite taxi driver population descend on the ground to remind themselves how everyone who follows Liverpool is from Oslo. The problem will be traffic. Leaving early makes a difference - even a minute before the final whistle will save you half-an-hour of hanging around - but you don't need to be at the airport for 5.30. With all the sitting around in traffic you won't get much change out of £20 but you should get there in plenty of time.

Edit: my advice around getting a taxi would be to head down Walton Breck Road. Turn left as you leave the Kop and veer left at the filling station. Keep going to the bottom and you'll arrive at a junction with traffic lights. You'll see a green ahead and to your left. Keep going with it on your left and follow Lower Breck Road until you get to a dual carriageway called West Derby Road/Rocky Lane. If you can't find a taxi before then or on the dual carriageway then they're all avoiding you!

mackers

Thanks for that, deiseach. Much appreciated. Suppose I have two hours after the match to get to the airport, had heard the bus/train option wasn't great.

Canalman

Taxi alright needed to get to airport.

Best way imo anyway  to make sure you get one is to ask whichever taxi driver you get from the airport or to the game to meet you at a certain place and time after the game and from my experience (twice) they are there right on time. They won't imo anyway turn down an airport trip.

deiseach

I think the simplest way of putting it regarding buses is that I know how they work in Liverpool and, if it were me needing to get to the airport for 7.45, I still wouldn't take the chance.

gawa316

Quote from: deiseach on January 28, 2015, 05:04:41 PM
I think the simplest way of putting it regarding buses is that I know how they work in Liverpool and, if it were me needing to get to the airport for 7.45, I still wouldn't take the chance.

Got the bus once and with great amusement watched the bus driver kick 2 wee scallies of the bus and still made it time for my flight. But I would agree get a taxi, no harm asking around to see if you can share one.

moysider

Great goal from Torres in first minute v Barca!

surely he was worth a punt >:(

Over the Bar

Has Diego Costa any links to a Cullyhanna GFC? If you put his skill to oneside he'd remind you of one of the players.... :/

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mackers

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 28, 2015, 08:32:27 PM
Has Diego Costa any links to a Cullyhanna GFC? If you put his skill to oneside he'd remind you of one of the players.... :/
If you're referring to who I think you're referring to you're well behind the times  :P

Thanks for all the advice again.....taxi it is.....guy I have to meet to get my tickets is an off duty taxi driver so I hope he'll be able to get me sorted with a taxi back to Speke.

annapr

Quote from: heganboy on January 28, 2015, 09:02:04 PM
http://instagram.com/p/yKAYPLnNdu/

I think its just me and the studge being optimistic
The one game they played together was against Spurs wasn't it?
I thought they linked up well that day.

Bingo

Danny Ings. Thoughts?

Seems yet another player to be signed for his potential or the future, rather than a proven big game player who would slot straight into the starting 11.

And once again likely to be loaned straight back. But sure he is cheap  ::)

AZOffaly

If I was Brendan Rodgers I'd be worried about the lack of a striker in the window. (Even in Ings comes in that's not exactly what we were thinking of). To me, this says the owners don't want to give him any more money, and he needs to prove that he can finish strong with what he has, before they spend again.

If he has a bad end to the season, I think they might start looking around.