The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Jaysus Tony. The wife's gonna get it tonight by the sounds of you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

tommysmith

The Liverpool fans did the team no favors today with their antics as the team bus was approaching the stadium.  It's all well and good showing support but I think they went to far.

laoislad

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 27, 2014, 06:27:25 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
Have i got this right? If City win their 3 games, they're champions unless Liverpool overturn goal difference, or have i got it wrong? Away to Everton won't be easy for City.

Yeah if City win out they will win on goal difference, would need a big turnaround for Liverpool to win on GD
The reality is as far as I'm concerned is if City win at Everton next weekend they will win the title as there is no way they will drop points at home to Villa or West Ham.
It's been a tremendous season for Liverpool and to be still in with a shout with two games to go is way beyond what any of us could have hoped for at the start of the season.
They may well come up short unfortunately but to be back in the Champions league is a massive consolidation prize.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 26, 2014, 12:10:25 PM
Mark Lawrenson on BBC.

Liverpool can do no wrong at the moment. They keep blowing teams away in the first half-an-hour at home and, if they do that to Chelsea, I do not see the Blues coming back.
Because of that, I would be bullish about this fixture if I were in the Liverpool camp. I think they will beat Chelsea and I honestly believe they will win the title at Crystal Palace in their next game.

Whoops.

tiempo

Quote from: EC Unique on April 27, 2014, 07:45:51 PM
Mark Lawrenson on BBC.

Liverpool can do no wrong at the moment. They keep blowing teams away in the first half-an-hour at home and, if they do that to Chelsea, I do not see the Blues coming back.
Because of that, I would be bullish about this fixture if I were in the Liverpool camp. I think they will beat Chelsea and I honestly believe they will win the title at Crystal Palace in their next game.

Whoops.

Alan Hanson said words to a similar effect yesterday on football focus too. Have Hanson, Lawrenson and Redknapp soundbites given Jose just enough ammo to build on going into the game today and in effect cost Liverpool the title?

The 3 of them will be feeling like prized lemons now anyway  ;D

All thats left of their season now is to support Suarez in the World Cup

SHEEDY

Mark Lawrenson on BBC.

Whoops.
the bias towards them in the media is unbelievable. lawrenson, Hansen, redknapp, phil thompson etc would sicken yer hole. I honestly think martin tyler would have exploded if Liverpool had equalised today, you could almost hear him willing one of gerrards many shots to fly into the top corner. sky will be devastated if their favourite team don't win it.
nil satis nisi optimum

Walter Cronc

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 27, 2014, 07:58:25 PM
Mark Lawrenson on BBC.

Whoops.
the bias towards them in the media is unbelievable. lawrenson, Hansen, redknapp, phil thompson etc would sicken yer hole. I honestly think martin tyler would have exploded if Liverpool had equalised today, you could almost hear him willing one of gerrards many shots to fly into the top corner. sky will be devastated if their favourite team don't win it.

+1

Lawrenson is a complete prat. Completely biased towards Liverpool. How he is on television is beyond me. Danny Mills and Danny Murphy are much better pundits in my opinion!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ONeill on April 27, 2014, 07:18:14 PM
Jaysus Tony. The wife's gonna get it tonight by the sounds of you.

Wife?? Rubber dolly more like.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 27, 2014, 08:02:43 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 27, 2014, 07:58:25 PM
Mark Lawrenson on BBC.

Whoops.

+1

Lawrenson is a complete prat. Completely biased towards Liverpool. How he is on television is beyond me. Danny Mills and Danny Murphy are much better pundits in my opinion!

Prat yes. Biased towards Liverpool no. Look back on what he's said re. Liverpool over the last 15 years.
Hated by Liverpool fans...at lest his media persona Lawro is anyways.

charlieTully

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 06:42:01 PM
How can a trip to Palace be more difficult than a trip to Everton? I don't agree.

they have won five of their last six games, the only defeat being to city today, they beat everton away and Chelsea at home.

Minder

Fairly chastening experience watching that today. It was always highly unlikely that Liverpool would win 14 games in a row to win the title. Everton getting something next week is the only hope, City will beat Villa and West Ham by as many as they like.

Its been a great season anyway and at the start of the season i couldn't see Liverpool getting into the top 4 for the foreseeable future, never mind having a chance of winning it. When was the last time Liverpool have had a meaningful game in May in the league ?

Squad was shown up somewhat today, Liverpool are reliant on 13 players basically, the bench had a half fit Sturridge and the rest of them not up to it, it isn't Aspas fault he isn't up to it but they need to be buying a far higher calibre of player in the summer if they are to compete at home and abroad next season.

As for Mourinho reinventing the wheel, if you were listening to some, if thats the best spectacle Chelsea can put out, and not just today, with there resources they have, then i have a feeling Mourinho will get the road again from Abramovich sooner rather than later if results drop off even slightly. That was why he got the boot the last time, because the spectacle was bad.

Hopefully City win it, if Liverpool can't, at least they try and play.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2014, 08:28:20 PM
Fairly chastening experience watching that today. It was always highly unlikely that Liverpool would win 14 games in a row to win the title. Everton getting something next week is the only hope, City will beat Villa and West Ham by as many as they like.

Its been a great season anyway and at the start of the season i couldn't see Liverpool getting into the top 4 for the foreseeable future, never mind having a chance of winning it. When was the last time Liverpool have had a meaningful game in May in the league ?

Squad was shown up somewhat today, Liverpool are reliant on 13 players basically, the bench had a half fit Sturridge and the rest of them not up to it, it isn't Aspas fault he isn't up to it but they need to be buying a far higher calibre of player in the summer if they are to compete at home and abroad next season.

As for Mourinho reinventing the wheel, if you were listening to some, if thats the best spectacle Chelsea can put out, and not just today, with there resources they have, then i have a feeling Mourinho will get the road again from Abramovich sooner rather than later if results drop off even slightly. That was why he got the boot the last time, because the spectacle was bad.

I thought that this was one game Liverpool should have closed up shop, they had no need to chase this game, Jose gets results, not too many Chelsea fans are not complaining and had Liverpool seen out a boring job of nil nil thenyou'd be happy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2014, 08:37:15 PM

I thought that this was one game Liverpool should have closed up shop, they had no need to chase this game, Jose gets results, not too many Chelsea fans are not complaining and had Liverpool seen out a boring job of nil nil thenyou'd be happy

Liverpool weren't particularly chasing it at 0-0, before Gerrards f**k up, Chelsea were quite content to give Liverpool the ball and see if they could break them down. They couldn't.

I am sure Chelsea would have opened it out a bit in the second half if it was still 0-0, problem was it wasn't.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2014, 08:37:15 PM

Did you say this before the game?