The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Man Utd finished 28 points ahead of Liverpool last season and Liverpool are now 14 points ahead. A 42 point turnaround in less than a year.
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

Some result at Old Trafford. Utd couldn't handle or couldn't be bothered to handle the movement of liverpools front men. Poor old moyes, has a team of players who don't value the shirt enough.
The run in will be interesting.  Suarez is something else. A player with such ability who plays with such heart without question.  Invaluable to the cause

GalwayBayBoy

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on March 16, 2014, 10:08:44 PM
That's a cowardly way to think.

When Arsenal made their Wenger breakthrough in 1998 they won 10 in a row towards the end, including a win at Old Trafford. And I remember believing they could.

Liverpool fans need to ditch the loser complex and embrace this winning mentality Brendan has developed. Not arrogance but confident.

I presume you're applying the same logic to Arsenal's title chances this year.

Lovely win for Liverpool. The best thing was that it felt routine. If the game was played again today the outcome would be exactly the same.

Sidney

Liverpool can win every match from now until the end of the season. We're cutting teams apart with ease. The title is there for the taking.

TabClear

Just watched the highlights there and I noticed at the penalties is that some Liverpool players were well inside the box. United had players in too but Henderson in particular was always first in. I know it's very rarely blown (Arteta last week?) but it always strikes me as a stupid action for the team taking the penalty.. Lot of pressure if it's a retake!

ONeill

Quote from: deiseach on March 17, 2014, 09:09:36 AM

When Arsenal made their Wenger breakthrough in 1998 they won 10 in a row towards the end, including a win at Old Trafford. And I remember believing they could.

Liverpool fans need to ditch the loser complex and embrace this winning mentality Brendan has developed. Not arrogance but confident.

No. Arsenal don't have it in them. We know that over the last few years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: deiseach on March 17, 2014, 09:09:36 AM

No. Arsenal don't have it in them. We know that over the last few years.

Ah now, you could say the same for Liverpool! So away with your Poor Mouth comments!

EC Unique

Quote from: Sidney on March 17, 2014, 04:00:53 PM
Liverpool can win every match from now until the end of the season. We're cutting teams apart with ease. The title is there for the taking.

And there you have it! ;D ;D

God14

Quote from: EC Unique on March 18, 2014, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: Sidney on March 17, 2014, 04:00:53 PM

And there you have it! ;D ;D

EC has a point, not every game will be as easy & straight forward as last Sundays. Home & away wins this year against United. If we could play your lot every weekend we'd be champions surely!

From the Bunker

Allot of Liverpool lads losing the run of themselves here. We beat a Man United team in disarray. Lesser sides have turned them over this season. City have no longer the added burden of extra Champions league and FA Cup matches. They can fully focus on league games and this leaves them with a great chance.Same for Chelsea with the FA Cup. And lets not forget Arsenal who have not gone away despite the media having forgot about them. The reality is Liverpool have gone from playing for fourth to playing for third and a small chance of finishing 1st or 2nd.

Jonah

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2014, 11:08:44 AM
Allot of Liverpool lads losing the run of themselves here. We beat a Man United team in disarray. Lesser sides have turned them over this season. City have no longer the added burden of extra Champions league and FA Cup matches. They can fully focus on league games and this leaves them with a great chance.Same for Chelsea with the FA Cup. And lets not forget Arsenal who have not gone away despite the media having forgot about them. The reality is Liverpool have gone from playing for fourth to playing for third and a small chance of finishing 1st or 2nd.
I dunno I think if Liverpool keep playing like they are then they can win all remaining games.
It will be difficult to keep the level up but Liverpool are the form team in the league atm.
Anyone who doesn't believe they are title contenders are fooling themselves.
Granted United were/are an easy touch right now but Liverpool were outstanding and even at that I've seen them play better this season.
Rodgers deserves great credit imo. He has turned a team who finished 7th last year into title contenders,  Moyes has done the exact opposite.

AZOffaly

Who's losing the run of themselves? That was a great result, but all it does is keep the challenge alive. No silverware handed out on Sunday.

Bingo

I don't think too many lads are losing the run of themselves. The opposite in fact whereby O'Neill is trying to talk up a title challenge and others are disagreeing with him.

Without doubt they have a chance, they are well in it despite EC's humourous use of smileys etc  ::) . While they are in it, I would take some convincing that they will win it. Just very hard to see them maintaining this run to the end of the season and with 4 teams in it, one of them will have to go unbeaten to win the league I reckon. Can this be Liverpool? I just think they'll come short, could finish 4th or finish 1st, its going to that type of finish.

As they have been doing so far, they just need to keep focused on next game and aim to win it.

On Sunday, I don't think they were at there best to win. The front 3 never really clicked as they have in the past and the final ball/decision was poor. Says more about United that they couldn't really trouble liverpool, they were very predictable and played at the one pace all day. Change is badly needed at OT but I'd be in rush to see it.

Roll on Cardiff at weekend....biggest game of the season this one  :)