The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2014, 02:09:45 PM
The founded bit is definitely horseshit. But I also find it strange that he wouldn't have swapped jerseys at some stage with fellow English team mates at some stage down the years.

I remember seeing a programme with Gerrard showing the tops he has on display. He has an England one with Rooney on the back but said no Utd tops were allowed in his house

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on March 18, 2014, 01:18:10 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 18, 2014, 12:36:36 PM

Liverpool will have to win all games to the finish to be in with a shout but it's an awful big ask.

Definitely considering we have just won 5 in a row...to win 14 in a row is unheard off.

We actually would've won our last 8 in a row, only for a brain fart from oul Kolo, but that just  adds to the difficulty of winning these 9 games. No matter how well you play there is always the possibility of a mistake or individual error waiting to happen.

Doesnt that go for the other sides too?

AZOffaly

It does, but Chelsea and City have that experience built up.

Capt Pat

Things are looking very good for Liverpool. It is Chelsea and Man City who should be worried about coming to Anfield. With the form Liverpool are in right now, they look unstoppable.

LissanLad8

Regardless of whether Liverpool win or lose the games against Chelsea and City they are still going to decide the outcome of the title.

under the bar

Liverpool will never have a better chance to win it.  Playing 8-12 game less than Chelsea, Arsenal or City they should be fresh for the run-in.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: under the bar on March 18, 2014, 10:09:57 PM
Liverpool will never have a better chance to win it.  Playing 8-12 game less than Chelsea, Arsenal or City they should be fresh for the run-in.

People always go on about the having to play less games (Mourinho more than anyone) but those teams all have much bigger, deeper squads than Liverpool (especially City and Chelsea). With benches full of players costing upwards of 15 to 20M. I'd gladly take the extra games if we could rotate quality players in and out like they can.

TabClear

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 18, 2014, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: under the bar on March 18, 2014, 10:09:57 PM

People always go on about the having to play less games (Mourinho more than anyone) but those teams all have much bigger, deeper squads than Liverpool (especially City and Chelsea). With benches full of players costing upwards of 15 to 20M. I'd gladly take the extra games if we could rotate quality players in and out like they can.

Thats a good point. A more relevant stat might be how many games individual players have played rather than the team. I would say the spine of Liverpool's team (Gerrard, Mignolet, Skrtel, Hendo, Suarez, Sturridge) have played at least as many games (barring injury or suspension) as their equivalents in City, Chelsea. Arsenal would have  a slightly weaker squad.

Hound

Hate playing teams coming off a bit of bad luck. Everton got two completely jammy goals v Cardiff last week, and with the first hints coming from Liverpool admitting a title challenge is underway, this has bananaskin written all over it. Liverpool will need to play with the very same levels of intensity and fight as they showed last week to win this one.

Every game a cup final in the battle to beat Arsenal to 3rd.

deiseach

Quote from: TabClear on March 19, 2014, 06:49:45 AM
Thats a good point. A more relevant stat might be how many games individual players have played rather than the team. I would say the spine of Liverpool's team (Gerrard, Mignolet, Skrtel, Hendo, Suarez, Sturridge) have played at least as many games (barring injury or suspension) as their equivalents in City, Chelsea. Arsenal would have  a slightly weaker squad.

Skrtel part of the spine of the team? Only because Agger and Sakho have been injured!

supersub

I think you'll find Agger had a run of games on the bench as he couldn't get back into the team before Xmas.

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2014, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2014, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'd say that's horseshit.

The founded bit or changing shirts?

'founded' : def

found 1  (found)
tr.v. found·ed, found·ing, founds
1. To establish or set up, especially with provision for continuing existence: The college was founded in 1872.
2. To establish the foundation or basis of; base: found a theory on firm evidence.

found 2  (found)
1. To melt (metal) and pour into a mold.
2. To make (objects) by pouring molten material into a mold.

Has he 'founded' many jerseys in his home?
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 02:03:10 PM
found 2  (found)
2. To make (objects) by pouring molten material into a mold.[/i]

He doesn't have to. Every Manchester United player is playing like they're wearing a jersey made of iron. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on March 19, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 02:03:10 PM
found 2  (found)
2. To make (objects) by pouring molten material into a mold.[/i]

He doesn't have to. Every Manchester United player is playing like they're wearing a jersey made of iron.

One Swallow.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sidney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
One Swallow.......
It's over, mate. Get used to it. Thatcher's death signalled the end and Taggart wisely took the cue offered to him.

Meanwhile at Anfield a place has been reserved for the re-installation of a rather large perch.