The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: King Kenny on August 13, 2011, 02:14:01 PM
Suarez starts! Liverpool starting X1: Reina Flannagan Carra Agger Enrique Henderson Adam Lucas Downing Suarez Carroll

looks good alright. Put a fully fit G Johnson and Stevie G in there, maybe get a Shawcross Dann or Cahill to replace Carra and yous wont be far away. I got laughed at in the Premier League thread the other night for tipping Pool to win the league and got laughed at, but i might not be far away
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

el_cuervo_fc

el_cuervo_fc

EagleLord

Very suprised to see Suarez started! Asumed he would be given a bit of a break after the Copa, thats why i swerved him from the fantasy football, for a few weeks anyway.

Tony Baloney

1-1. Same old story or Liverpool dominance but failing to kill it?

Puckoon

heganboy

Liverpool played as well as they have in a long time, interesting to see the change from last year, all of the acquisitions since january were playing where fit. Team needs to settle and there was frustration at the end of the game where the new guys didn't play the ball where it was expected. Some volley, and fair play to Sunderland for grabbing a point. If it was a school report- "could do better"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

If Suarez gets injured youse are fecked.

The king has spent gobs of money and Liverpool dont look any better than they were last season, plenty of possession but not much punch up front. How is the 35 million pound man working out for ye?

Another dry year for the Anfield faithful, set your sights on Carling cup glory, it's the best you can hope for at this stage with that lot.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minus15

It is disappointing to get a draw with the optimism of the new season. It was a brigtht opening but Liverpool really lost their way in the second half. Flanagan was quite poor and I would have thought Kelly would be certain to start with Johnson out. Lucas gave the ball away more than you would expect from him and Suarez looked tired and frustrated.

On the positive side Enrique had a good debut and Downing showed flashes of his ability. Adam's set pieces are a vast improvement on what we have been used to. Once we work out how to get on the end of them we should do better.

Really would have liked to have started with the win especially with a trip to the emirates next up. Anyone who thought everything would fall into place needs to think again. Appeared to be a lack of knowhow and leadership when we were going in search of the winner. Still plenty of work to be done and lots to improve on.

GalwayBayBoy

Strange game. Excellent in the first half. Got 1-0 up and should have been 2 or 3 up. Missed a pen. Hit the bar. Left Sunderland in the game though and just seemed to completely run out of steam after the break. Energy levels just crashed. It was like the last game of the season rather than the first. You can understand why Suarez looked tired but don't know what happened to the rest of them. Young Flanagan was caught out badly for the goal. Got drawn infield and left his man unmarked at the back.

stew

Suarez should have been rested and Kelly should have started if fit, he will be there for years to come as he is going to be a fantastic player.

Liverpool dont know how to put average teams away, time after time they dominate play without getting the job done, United win games at times when they are well below par, that is the difference and it is know how and leadership.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Wes Brown is set for life.......He just managed to put 35 million in his pocket

Capt Pat

Kuyt and Mereiles should have started instead of Carroll and Henderson. A pity Suarez missed the peno but he still might score 40 goals this season. I can't wait until Gerrard gets back then this team could be explisive.

heganboy

Quote from: new devil on August 13, 2011, 05:27:48 PM
Wes Brown is set for life.......He just managed to put 35 million in his pocket

I didnt think brown played well- the other ex MUFC Richardson had a far better game
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minus15

Don't really think we will see Carroll on the bench too much. He offers too much danger up front. The Sunderland defence were that concerned with him for the first goal that it allowed Suarez to sneak in on the end of a clever delivery from Adam. I think Carroll looks quite sharp and once the new boys bed in we should see the best of him.

We definitely didnt utilise the wings enough today. With Henderson coming infield Flanno was slow to attack the space - something Kelly loves to do.

Liverpool need to learn how to react when things begin to go against them. Once the game started slipping away from them and Sunderland started to dictate things they just couldn't wrestle back the initiative.

Plenty of positive too take out of today too though and lets hope we see some more of the style that we witnessed in the first half today.