The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

Would have to agree that Sunderland finished the stronger and were first to many second balls all second half

armagho9

Wouldnt be too downhearted with the result if i was a Liverpool fan, fair enough you would like to be beating Sunderland but dont forget Sunderland strengthened in a big way over the summer, they signed alot of players and got rid of a lot of dead wood like Henderson (only joking).  Seriously though, i expect Sunderland to put it up to alot of the big teams this year.  As far as anyone slagging off Carrol goes they would need to wise up.  He will cause alot of damage this year and i think he and Suarez will score more than any other front two this season (with the exception of Rooney and Hernandez only).  Liverpool will finish in the top 4 and maybe by that i dont mean 4th, could be higher.

Capt Pat

Carroll looks like he might provide danger in a pub in Gateshead on a saturday night. He is there to score goals like Suarez and Kuyt do for Liverpool, that is the type of danger we want to see.

Quote from: Minus15 on August 13, 2011, 06:59:34 PM
Don't really think we will see Carroll on the bench too much. He offers too much danger up front. The Sunderland defence were that concerned with him for the first goal that it allowed Suarez to sneak in on the end of a clever delivery from Adam. I think Carroll looks quite sharp and once the new boys bed in we should see the best of him.

We definitely didnt utilise the wings enough today. With Henderson coming infield Flanno was slow to attack the space - something Kelly loves to do.

Liverpool need to learn how to react when things begin to go against them. Once the game started slipping away from them and Sunderland started to dictate things they just couldn't wrestle back the initiative.

Plenty of positive too take out of today too though and lets hope we see some more of the style that we witnessed in the first half today.

AZOffaly

Let the overreaction begin. Sure we're fucked, lucky if we're not relegated :D

Boycey

Didn't read too much over reaction here?? Too many new faces in one go?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 13, 2011, 09:13:07 PM
Let the overreaction begin. Sure we're fucked, lucky if we're not relegated :D

True. 5 new players on the pitch today. One of them having only joined the club yesterday. It's going to take time for them to gel. At times in the first half they were excellent. Bit worrying how they ran out of steam though. Wonder did they get their pre-season physical preparation right? Some of them seemed to be blowing out their arses in the second half.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on August 13, 2011, 09:29:25 PM

I was more talking about the likes of Stew to be fair, although I should know better I know.

ross4life

Yeah both Liverpool,Sunderland will need time to gel but TBH that new look pool team impressed me more than Arsenal yesterday. Some fans are pinning their hopes on the return of Gerrard he kinda reminds me of one of many 30 something year old Tyrone players e.g young enough for a few more years but maybe due to alot of mileage the best years are behind them?

P.S good to see Wes Brown playing well at the top level (got MOTM on Setanta Sports) he was very unlucky with injuries at United his best injury free season was probably 07/08 he deserves a few more seasons in the top flight.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Quote from: ross4life on August 14, 2011, 01:31:39 AM
Yeah both Liverpool,Sunderland will need time to gel but TBH that new look pool team impressed me more than Arsenal yesterday. Some fans are pinning their hopes on the return of Gerrard he kinda reminds me of one of many 30 something year old Tyrone players e.g young enough for a few more years but maybe due to alot of mileage the best years are behind them?

P.S good to see Wes Brown playing well at the top level (got MOTM on Setanta Sports) he was very unlucky with injuries at United his best injury free season was probably 07/08 he deserves a few more seasons in the top flight.

and don't forget that Sunderland still have John O'Shea to come in to the team.

new devil

Quote from: heganboy on August 13, 2011, 06:52:44 PM
Quote from: new devil on August 13, 2011, 05:27:48 PM
Wes Brown is set for life.......He just managed to put 35 million in his pocket

I didnt think brown played well- the other ex MUFC Richardson had a far better game

Brown was  man of the match

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 13, 2011, 09:32:12 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 13, 2011, 09:29:25 PM

I was more talking about the likes of Stew to be fair, although I should know better I know.

I'd love to comment on what you mention but won't.

I think they gambled on playing game at a high tempo for 60 mins and putting Sunderland away in that time. It didn't happen and they paid the price. Maybe they didn't gel or nerves got to a few. But it'll come together. I'd have had maxi or aqua on bench instead of ngog though, they'd have been more likely to change a game. No excuse for not using 3 subs in a game like that.

supersub

Quote from: stew on August 13, 2011, 05:03:10 PM
If Suarez gets injured youse are fecked.

The king has spent gobs of money and Liverpool dont look any better than they were last season, plenty of possession but not much punch up front. How is the 35 million pound man working out for ye?

Another dry year for the Anfield faithful, set your sights on Carling cup glory, it's the best you can hope for at this stage with that lot.

LOL

laoislad

Bit unfortunate yesterday. Sunderland should have been down to ten men,Carroll's goal should have stood and Downing was unlucky not to score.
Faded badly in second half alright.

Dont mind stew lads he is a big a fool EC and the boys.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: laoislad on August 14, 2011, 02:26:27 PM
Bit unfortunate yesterday. Sunderland should have been down to ten men,Carroll's goal should have stood and Downing was unlucky not to score.

Not sure how Richardson avoided a red card to be honest. Seemed a clearcut sending off to me. Suarez was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. I've heard the odd pundit say it's because he was moving away from the goal but as Kenny said how you can take the ball around the goalkeeper without moving away from the goal somewhat? I think the fact that it happened so early in the game seemed to come into Dowd's thinking and he fudged the decision.

Shrewdness

To be honest, whilst there was a bit of contact, i thought that Suarez dived, as evidenced by both legs being completely straight when he ''fell''.