The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Feck me theres some competition on here now to see who has the best source. Between rumours  coming through and contact with sources.

Just have a competition lads for the best supporter and forget about the dick measuring.

I must have a look on football365 for a "source"

All of a Sludden

I`d say a lot of these boys have great sources alright.  :D
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

under the bar

QuoteFeck me theres some competition on here now to see who has the best source. Between rumours  coming through and contact with sources.

It's nearly as good as the dreamer from Derry-hi who jumped to John Terry's defence claiming to be best mates & regularly heading out for a few pints with him etc.  ;D

Bingo

Quote from: Bensars on January 29, 2011, 05:54:48 PM
Feck me theres some competition on here now to see who has the best source. Between rumours  coming through and contact with sources.

Just have a competition lads for the best supporter and forget about the dick measuring.

I must have a look on football365 for a "source"

well you post enough shite on the f365 forum, so I'd say you'd know a few "sources"

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteSo who is your source or has Kenny told you not to say?

I know fcuk all - same as everyone else on this thread - just thought I would add to the amount of sh*te that's been talked on here

Carmen Stateside

I only repeated what i read on a liverpool site this morning.  The only reason was because the same person had the Suarez deal bang on the whole of last week.
Things are very quiet all day, dont know if this is a good or bad sign.  Still would rather he go myself only if an able replacement can be found before the close of the window.  Hardly worth keeping if his hearts set on leaving even in the Summer. 
Still no confirmation on Suarez either!

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 09:13:34 PM
I only repeated what i read on a liverpool site this morning.  The only reason was because the same person had the Suarez deal bang on the whole of last week.
Things are very quiet all day, dont know if this is a good or bad sign.  Still would rather he go myself only if an able replacement can be found before the close of the window.  Hardly worth keeping if his hearts set on leaving even in the Summer. 
Still no confirmation on Suarez either!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

I don't know what to make of the whole f**king thing, the drunker i get here the more disillusioned I become.  I wsant Nando to stay but if he wants to leave why should the club keep him?  Here's what i hope, that lad stays and gives a tenative agreement to the Pensioners that he will join them in the summer.  That Liverpool get their act together completely and qualify for the CL and win the Europa league, difficult but not impossible.  More importantly they do so by knocking Chelsea out of 4th.  I have no issue about Chelsea in this transfer, they are doing what they see is right by their club, but never before have I wanted a club to be overtaken as much in my life. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 29, 2011, 10:56:20 PM
I don't know what to make of the whole f**king thing, the drunker i get here the more disillusioned I become.  I wsant Nando to stay but if he wants to leave why should the club keep him?  Here's what i hope, that lad stays and gives a tenative agreement to the Pensioners that he will join them in the summer.  That Liverpool get their act together completely and qualify for the CL and win the Europa league, difficult but not impossible.  More importantly they do so by knocking Chelsea out of 4th.  I have no issue about Chelsea in this transfer, they are doing what they see is right by their club, but never before have I wanted a club to be overtaken as much in my life.
This years Chelsea is next years Man City.

Carmen Stateside

Torres has turned up at Melwood for training.  Wonder what kind of reception he received?

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 30, 2011, 02:14:48 PM
Torres has turned up at Melwood for training.  Wonder what kind of reception he received?

He trained on his own, allegedly, all the other players went home.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyHarp

Just said on 5Live that Liverpool have confirmed that they will sell Torres to Chelsea IF they offer £50million. Suppose everyone has their price.
That was never a square ball!!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2011, 02:18:59 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 30, 2011, 02:14:48 PM

He trained on his own, allegedly, all the other players went home.

Looks like your right!
http://yfrog.com/gz96420016j

Minus15

It really does look like he could leave this window now. The rumours about the agent wanting one thing and Torres wanting to stay can be more or less dismissed now. Too long has passed with no comment. Torres clearly wants to leave but I really wish he could just go abroad to soften the blow somewhat.

Which makes you wonder what might happen next.

1. Chelsea bid an offer that is acceptable to Liverpool and he goes. If this happens I hope we have deals lined up for other players to be confirmed when Torres is sold. Otherwise, any targets either now or in the summer will be subject to inflated prices.
2. Chelsea bid an offer that isn't acceptable and refuse to go any higher and Torres not a happy man. This too is worrying as in the short-term Torres will be disillusioned and fans and teammates will likely not be most welcoming.
3. Chelsea choose not to bid / bid rejected once more and Torres comes out and says that he is committed to the rest of the season and says that if he can see signs that Liverpool are going in the right direction he will stay and that it has always been Liverpool that he wanted to win medals with first and foremost.

Option 3 at this stage looks to be less than plausible.  Personally, like BC1, I would like to see some sort of escape act where Liverpool do well for the rest of the season and Torres then decides to stay. I think that the signs so far show that the new owners have the club going in the right direction. However, if Torres is not sold by 11pm tomorrow, things will become very difficult in the short-term.

Which brings us to option 2. For me this is a likely scenario. However, something tells me that Chelsea might just stump up the asking price this time round. If they want the player that badly, this could be their best chance as in the summer, if Torres is to be sold, they won't be the only team bidding for him.

If Chelsea do meet Liverpool's valuation, I like the rumours of Anelka being a part of the deal. For a player who wants to leave, 40-45 million plus Anelka would be good business. Anelka is a player proven in the premier league and could do a good job for the next couple of years.

My heart wants all this to go away and for Liverpool to continue their revival with Torres in tow. My head tells me that he simply doesn't want to be there. Maybe it's best to get rid now for a good price and reinvest the money in players who want to play for Liverpool and who can take the club forward. We don't need this kind of uncertainty in every transfer window so maybe it could be time for Torres to go. If he has played his last game for the club, let's hope that in a year's time his sale will have been to the overall benefit of the team.

under the bar

QuoteLads - he's going nowhwere until at least the summer.

And I've heard that from a top-ranking source

:D :D :D