The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 29, 2011, 12:33:11 PM
If he's going to go i'd think Liverpool could do worse than put in an offer for Carroll.

Going by this he'd cost about 30mill

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6708608,00.html

He's got potential but f**k me :o

supersarsfields

£30m is crazy. I was thinking a £15-18m tops. I reckon he's going to be a big player. Would do well if ya had Adams banging the corners into him!!

The Real Laoislad

If he's going to go i'd think Liverpool could do worse than put in an offer for Carroll.

What about holding out for 50mill and Anelka?
If we were to get 50mill for him I actually think we may have a stronger squad without him if the money was spent right,and I think with the new regime at Anfield the money would be spent right.
I say 50mill because that is the figure we are being told is in his contract.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

isourboydownyet

ah jesus naw,carroll would not suit the type of football dalglish wants to play,just a big target man with decent feet who feeds off the long ball,he would be more of a hogdson type player.if torres goes liverpool need to be looking at the likes of liorente,benzema or lukaku,a real out and out striker with suarez playing off them

AZOffaly

No way on Carroll. He's a very dodgy character. Plus, I'd like to think LFC's strategy might involve more than Charlie Adam pinging corners into Andy Carroll. Jaysus.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 29, 2011, 12:43:14 PM

If we were to get 50mill for him I actually think we may have a stronger squad without him if the money was spent right,and I think with the new regime at Anfield the money would be spent right.

Anelka is 32 and would be a short term fix which the new owners would not be keen on,if liverpool do a cash plus player deal it's more likely that they will take sturridge who is young with serious potential but i fear he may be another babel.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: isourboydownyet on January 29, 2011, 12:46:51 PM

Anelka is 32 and would be a short term fix which the new owners would not be keen on,if liverpool do a cash plus player deal it's more likely that they will take sturridge who is young with serious potential but i fear he may be another babel.

Yeah but if Torres is going we need a short term fix IMO,we can't expect Suarez to just start banging them in its gonna take him time to settle in and with the 40/50mill we get we could start building for the future in the summer.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersarsfields

Carroll is more than a big target man. Your doing him an injustice calling him that. He's a strong player no doubt and very strong in the air. But he's also a smart player who makes good runs and good space. That's not to mention the fact that he's got good feet and fits in with the type of players the owners want, young with potential.
And there's no harm having a plan b if the pass and move isn't working!! And Carroll ticks that box as well.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ross4life on January 29, 2011, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 01:03:30 AM
Just reading some of the stuff about his request for transfer etc.
Looking at it now he has to be sold.  How does he take the field next week against Stoke if its not sorted.
He has been a great servent when available but at the end of the day he aint bigger than the club, and the club will continue long after him.  So lets do it the Ajax way.  70 million and add 5 million everyday after.
In reality 40 million and Sturridge isnt that bad an offer.

How did steven gerrard take to the field after his transfer saga?  unless your Giggs,Scholes etc loyalty is long gone in football, support the club not the players is what i always say.

Gerrard was during the summer which would have given ample time to find a replacement and plus everyone knew it was more a threat, which got him the contract he wanted.  Torres wants out, three days before the deadline! Fans will never accept him like before if he stays.  (rumour has it deal will be done today with a replacement lined up. Only problem being if they have enough time to get things done.)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: isourboydownyet on January 29, 2011, 12:46:51 PM

i think id rather have sturidge as part of the deal  than anelka aswell.
sturidge looks a good player,a long way ahead of babel IMO.
I would rather keep nando, but a bit of40-50m plus sturidge wouldn't be the worst out come
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

isourboydownyet

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 29, 2011, 12:52:39 PM
Carroll is more than a big target man. Your doing him an injustice calling him that. He's a strong player no doubt and very strong in the air. But he's also a smart player who makes good runs and good space. That's not to mention the fact that he's got good feet and fits in with the type of players the owners want, young with potential.
And there's no harm having a plan b if the pass and move isn't working!! And Carroll ticks that box as well.

i hear what your saying but just dont think he is a liverpool player,with him up there it would be to easy to just boot it from defence rather than kennys pass and move philosophy,take into consideration Suarez,would he make a good partnership?i don't think so,liverpool will need a fox in the box type of player to compliment Suarez,just my humble opinion which is usually way off the mark!

Carmen Stateside

How much would Anelka be worth ? I would take him plus 40 million, thats all!
Actually not really bothered by this as Torres is just like the rest and is all about the money.
Fowler leaving was my heartbreaker  :'(

Big Puff

50mil plus sturridge would be a good deal IMO

Torres is one hamstring injury away from ruination.

Sturridge has plenty of potential, he needs games at this stage of career.

Lpool need to buy 2 defenders, a defensive midfielder, 50mil would be some help with this.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 01:00:11 PM
Actually not really bothered by this as Torres is just like the rest and is all about the money.

oh god yeah,mine too but my young son is torres mad,sings his song,has his name on his shirts.my youngest girls first word was "torres",no lie,i would always say to my son "who scores all the goals?"and he would reply "torres",i was in the kitchen one day and said this to him and my baby replied "torres",nearly dropped the pan ("full of bacon by the way").still gutted though.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 01:00:11 PM

I still haven't got over John Aldridge leaving,that will always be my heart breaker  :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.