The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myball22

£40 million is too cheap for Torres. We are in the age where Ronaldo went for £80 million, Dzeko went for £26 million and Charlie Adam is worth £46 million!!!

We need to hang onto Torres until at least the summer, allow us to see if Suarez can cut it in the Premier League and hopefully drag Man City into a fight for Torres. They have been interested befor and if this miss out on Champions League football again, then they may look for someone proven in the Premier League.

If we take £40 million, then the price for Adam goes to £10-£15 million and before you know it the money is gone and is not spent wisely.

Norf Tyrone

I still haven't got over Kerry Dixon leaving!

Anyhow. Interesting to see Scousers tutting Torres for going for the 'money' but bigging up Joe Cole last August. This is the same Cole who left Chelsea for Liverpool as they offered him 10K more.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bingo

Hold fire lads, some more positive bits coming out. Kenny got involved and apparently torres agent has got a bollixing from kenny and torres!

From a solid source, but not sure if it means his transfer request stands.

Is there a twist in tail yet??

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Bingo on January 29, 2011, 02:49:58 PM
Hold fire lads, some more positive bits coming out. Kenny got involved and apparently torres agent has got a bollixing from kenny and torres!

There is going to be some back tracking on here. All those, 'one hamstring away', 'I'm finished with football' etc etc.  :D

Bingo

Always best to hold powder!

Rumours gathering pace, I'll wait till it's official at this stage.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on January 29, 2011, 03:16:04 PM

Don't matter if he stays or goes really, he's turned out to be a charmless fcuker like Rooney.

Big Puff

Quote from: Boycey on January 29, 2011, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 29, 2011, 03:16:04 PM

Don't matter if he stays or goes really, he's turned out to be a charmless fcuker like Rooney.

Theres plenty of Grannys that will vouch for Rooneys charm!

GalwayBayBoy

Hard to say. I actually believe the owners really don't want to sell him and seem prepared to make him stay. Until the Summer anyway when the club at least will have some time to target a replacement. Leaving right at the end of the transfer window leaves us rightly in the lurch. We'll have Suarez up front but it's going to take him months just to adapt to a different league and I'm sure Kenny wants the club to finish as high up the table as possible and also have a crack at the Europa League. He wants the manager's job permanently and Torres going now will likely have a bearing on results for the rest of the season. Kenny in particular seems to be putting his foot down.

Torres seems to be the personal fancy of Abramovich himself though rather than Ancelotti so if the Russian wants his shiny new toy badly enough he may push the boat out financially.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 29, 2011, 03:52:46 PM

Hard to say. I actually believe the owners really don't want to sell him and seem prepared to make him stay. Until the Summer anyway when the club at least will have some time to target a replacement. Leaving right at the end of the transfer window leaves us rightly in the lurch. We'll have Suarez up front but it's going to take him months just to adapt to a different league and I'm sure Kenny wants the club to finish as high up the table as possible and also have a crack at the Europa League. He wants the manager's job permanently and Torres going now will likely have a bearing on results for the rest of the season. Kenny in particular seems to be putting his foot down.

Torres seems to be the personal fancy of Abramovich himself though rather than Ancelotti so if the Russian wants his shiny new toy badly enough he may push the boat out financially.

That's right because Roman is never off the TV or in the papers talking to the press!

Gabriel_Hurl

Lads - he's going nowhwere until at least the summer.

And I've heard that from a top-ranking source

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 29, 2011, 04:46:57 PM

I'll take your word then...happy days.

If he leaves this window I'll be more disappointed with you than Torres

spuds

Quote from: gawa316 on January 29, 2011, 04:57:32 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 29, 2011, 04:46:57 PM

I'll take your word then...happy days.

If he leaves this window I'll be more disappointed with you than Torres
+1+1
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Bingo

under the bar

QuoteLads - he's going nowhwere until at least the summer.

So who is your source or has Kenny told you not to say?