The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

No hardstation he was playing for a clown in Woy Hodgson.
I dont think he is going to leave this window but if Liverpool can double their money on him in the summer, take it for sure because in fairness the reds are rebuilding and with 50 odd million from his sale quite a few decent players can be got for that.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Just reading some of the stuff about his request for transfer etc.
Looking at it now he has to be sold.  How does he take the field next week against Stoke if its not sorted.
He has been a great servent when available but at the end of the day he aint bigger than the club, and the club will continue long after him.  So lets do it the Ajax way.  70 million and add 5 million everyday after.
In reality 40 million and Sturridge isnt that bad an offer.

Minder

If he dies, he dies.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rocky Mc Guigan

Can't blame him for wanting to leave as he is totally stagnating in a quagmire of mediocrity- thought it would be Barcelona he would head for as Chelsea also a club on the wane

Minder

I have done a few pre departure checks and am about to lift the anchor and set sail on my "His best days are behind him, too injury prone, Ferdinand &Vidic always had him in their back pocket" boat. All aboard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

WaterBoy

Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
Torres' career has stalled horribly at Liverpool. He needs to go, for his own sake.

Still have him captain on fantasy team though.

Stalled? his career has taken off since he's been at Liverpool, he is now recognized as one of the best strikers in the world
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

EC Unique

"My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed.

"I am looking forward to the challenge ahead."

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: WaterBoy on January 29, 2011, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
Torres' career has stalled horribly at Liverpool. He needs to go, for his own sake.

Still have him captain on fantasy team though.

Stalled? his career has taken off since he's been at Liverpool, he is now recognized as one of the best strikers in the world

I'd agree with that, but at the same time I don't think he can improve much more at the club and has reached his maximum ability at the club and with the players he is surrounded by and I can see why he would want to move.  People may blame Roy Hodgson for the state the team is currently in, but the club never looked like they were going to win league titles for along time before he even took over.

ross4life

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 01:03:30 AM
Looking at it now he has to be sold.  How does he take the field next week against Stoke if its not sorted.
He has been a great servent when available but at the end of the day he aint bigger than the club, and the club will continue long after him.  So lets do it the Ajax way.  70 million and add 5 million everyday after.

How did steven gerrard take to the field after his transfer saga?  unless your Giggs,Scholes etc loyalty is long gone in football, support the club not the players is what i always say.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lecale2

Liverpool haven't won the league in 20 years and finished 7th last season. It's a bit harsh blaming Roy when he was only there for 6 months.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteRooney goes, replacement costs half the money and is half the talent,  team not as good, a few old guys ready to retire, team win no more trophies, team dont reach champions league, dept keeps growing, value of club falls below dept, no sugar daddy willing to pay off massive depts, screwed!

Way i see it is, Glaziers out as soon as possible while the club is still attractive to buyers.  Rooney should be held onto at all costs, which is highly unlikely after that today.

Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2010, 11:54:03 AM
"Top Class Footballer Wishes to Leave Struggling Club to Win Trophies"

Wow such a shock. . . this has never happened before!

What United fans need to realise is that the aura about the club has gone. Too many ageing players and not enough quality to replace them. Rooney is not being stupid on this occasion. I think he wants to go somewhere where he is confident that there is a squad around him that can win.

United have too many weak links at the minute. Think of the team and there are at least 10 players not up to it:

Brown - Shite
Neville - Past it
Evans - Average
Rio - Crocked
Hargreaves - As Above
Evra - Past it
Carrick - Tube
Anderson - Average
Gibson - Average
Park - Average
Scholes - Past it. Last year in Football
Giggs - As Above
Owen - As above

There's 11 players! You can also factor in the fact that DaSilva, Nani, Obertan and Macheda have yet to prove themselves at this level and you start to realise that Rooney's decision makes more sense. The only reason there is such uproar is because it's Man United and their fans are so far up their own arses they can't understand why a player would want to play for anyone else when really it's simple. . . PLayers Want to Win Trophies!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYUqRNDdl8&feature=related
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ross4life on January 29, 2011, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 29, 2011, 01:03:30 AM

How did steven gerrard take to the field after his transfer saga?  unless your Giggs,Scholes etc loyalty is long gone in football, support the club not the players is what i always say.
not often i agree with ross, but there are very few players left in the game with loyalty to any club, like he mentions scholes , giggs & even Neville (although its probably easier to be loyal to a club that a consistently winning things) and the likes of carragher, apart from that they are few & far between and as time goes on getting even more scarce
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

If he's going to go i'd think Liverpool could do worse than put in an offer for Carroll.