The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

supersub

Who will pick up the captaincy over the next few weeks? I would say Pepe or Kuyt, I know Torres with athletico captain but don't think they would put any more pressure on him at the moment!

Minus15

I would like to see him give it to Dirk. Pepe will give you the same whether skipper or not. Maybe giving it to Dirk could lift his game up another level.

Carmen Stateside

Is Pepe not next in line. Did he not captain during a Euro league game this year?

Joxer

Carragher ruled out for 3 months.  He requires surgery.

Were going to be thin on the ground for Centre backs.  One could be required in the transfer window.

on the sideline

Not really that light on the centre back front, after all Martin Kelly really is a CB, and we have a great one out on loan at Hull, Daniel Ayala, would love to see him recalled. Going to be our 1st choice CB for years to come. Also Agger nearing a return. Maybe loosing Carra might not be such a bad thing... Just as long as the Greek doesn't get a game!!

brokencrossbar1

I think Carra being injured is good news and may omprove the way the team plays.  Hodgson simply has to play Agger when fit and give Skertl/Soto clear runs at it.  With Aurelio back fit and Agger close to fitness the back 4 would have a better look about it, footballing wise with Johnson, Skertl./Soto, Agger, Aurelio.  Ayala is excellent but I would be minded to  leave him in Hull and give Wilson game time as well.  Ayala is doing very well in Hull and would benefit with more game time better than being back in Anfield.  Possible talk of Insua returning from Gala in January

Lots of rumours about the likes of Hazard and that coming in January.  It will be interesting to see but I still believe that the best signing would be a new manager.

supersarsfields

Quote from: on the sideline on November 30, 2010, 12:06:04 PM
Not really that light on the centre back front, after all Martin Kelly really is a CB, and we have a great one out on loan at Hull, Daniel Ayala, would love to see him recalled. Going to be our 1st choice CB for years to come. Also Agger nearing a return. Maybe loosing Carra might not be such a bad thing... Just as long as the Greek doesn't get a game!!

Seriously? I actually think he's been one of our better preformers this season and a great back up choice. Would also like to see Agger get more time as he's a smart CH. Can carry the ball out better than any of the current CH's. Tho Kelly would prob be just as comfortable given his time on the right.

Bingo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 30, 2010, 12:53:51 PM

Seriously? I actually think he's been one of our better preformers this season and a great back up choice. Would also like to see Agger get more time as he's a smart CH. Can carry the ball out better than any of the current CH's. Tho Kelly would prob be just as comfortable given his time on the right.

I would also be confused on the comments on the Greek. Being fairly solid this 12 months and i doubt crouch would have had as much joy in the air if the greek was about, although he may have been exposed on the deck but no more than those around him had been.

Need Agger back asap and use Kelly as back up, with Wilson also an option.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on November 30, 2010, 02:04:49 PM

I actually think the greek has been a good buy.
paid something like 2million for him as a backup CB and he hasnt  let liverpool down yet.
not the greatest of natural footballers, but good cover i think.
the problem is liverpool dont really have any stand out FIRST choice centre backs!
I would also be confused on the comments on the Greek. Being fairly solid this 12 months and i doubt crouch would have had as much joy in the air if the greek was about, although he may have been exposed on the deck but no more than those around him had been.

Need Agger back asap and use Kelly as back up, with Wilson also an option.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Keals

Quote from: Bingo on November 30, 2010, 02:04:49 PM

I would also be confused on the comments on the Greek. Being fairly solid this 12 months and i doubt crouch would have had as much joy in the air if the greek was about, although he may have been exposed on the deck but no more than those around him had been.Need Agger back asap and use Kelly as back up, with Wilson also an option.

Aw lads, Sotirios is horrible, his positional play is shocking. Watch when he plays, the other Centre Half is constantly having to cover for him, leaving or two full backs constantly exposed from crosses from the other side. Sure he might score an odd goal from a corner, but is a complete liability at the back. Did you not see Tottenhams winning goal, Kyrgiakos got caught completely under the ball challanging with Crouch, was as much as fault as Konchesky, but lets not get started on him :o ;)

Also,  it looks as if we ar going  to miss out on Mexes, which is a shame, this lad's quality.

blewuporstuffed

[/quote] Also,  it looks as if we ar going  to miss out on Mexes, which is a shame, this lad's quality.
[/quote]

Would actually like to get someone like shawcross.
anyone seen much of this wilson fella? he hasnt got much game time so far
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Mexes would be a nice addition.  The thing is by the time he would join up he would be 29 and on high wages so this would not fit in with the new "moneyball" policy.  I think though bringing Ayala back at the end of the season from Hull would be a better long term plan.

Soto is limited as a player but he is a real driver of men and is exactly what is needed at the minute.  I would like to see him start with Wilson on Thursday night to give the young lad a bit of protection.  Think Pacheco should get a start an Jova, babel and Cole.

Would like to see

Reina

Kelly  Soto  Wilson Aurelio

Poulsen  Shelvey

Cole    Pacheco   Jova

Babel

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 30, 2010, 02:59:03 PM
Also,  it looks as if we ar going  to miss out on Mexes, which is a shame, this lad's quality.
[/quote]

Would actually like to get someone like shawcross.
anyone seen much of this wilson fella? he hasnt got much game time so far
[/quote]

Wilson seemed to hold his own in the SPL and Euro ties for Rangers last year and also played for Scotland. Good reputation but he played LB in Carling Cup and it obvious he wasn't comfortable.

Wisdom another one for the future, still very young 17 or 18? No harm in loaning him out in January to cut his team in league 1 or 2. Conor Caody also highly rated and seems to play either CB or CM.

Keals

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 30, 2010, 03:02:12 PM
Mexes would be a nice addition.  The thing is by the time he would join up he would be 29 and on high wages so this would not fit in with the new "moneyball" policy.  I think though bringing Ayala back at the end of the season from Hull would be a better long term plan.

Soto is limited as a player but he is a real driver of men and is exactly what is needed at the minute.  I would like to see him start with Wilson on Thursday night to give the young lad a bit of protection.  Think Pacheco should get a start an Jova, babel and Cole.

Would like to see

Reina

Kelly  Soto  Wilson Aurelio

Poulsen  Shelvey

Cole    Pacheco   Jova

Babel

True, Soto does seem to have a good bond amongst the players, but personally i feel he is no where near liverpool standard. I agree with Ayala, gona be at the heart of our defence for years. Would love to see him recalled, and played ahead of Soto, if your good enough your old enough. Also dont know what Woy has against Pacheco, same rule applies as above.

Seems as if we're making an offer to CSKA for Honda, would be a great signing, both on and off the field.