The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 07:21:45 PM
Another mistake from pepe i hear?
bad mistake by pepe alright.

joe cole shocking tonight. not happy being taken off there
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Cole was useless but once again the tactic of playing deep just invited trouble. The only way to play is to push midfield forward and play a higher defensive line. Positives were few but great to see aurelio back. It was noticeable the derth of crosses from Staeu's right side. Wd be interesting what the stat wd have been with Clownchesky. Also thought babel did well and worked hard as did jova. Pacheco sd have been where cole was playing as he doesn't have pace for the winhg.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteLiverpool have today confirmed youngsters Dani Pacheco and Martin Kelly have signed new contracts at Anfield.

Pacheco has signed a two-year extension taking his contract to 30 June 2014, while Kelly has signed a three-year extension, also taking his contract to 30 June 2014.

Liverpool snapped up Spanish prodigy Pacheco from Barcelona in the summer of 2007.

He made his first-team debut as a substitute against Fiorentina in December 2009 and has since added 12 more appearances to his tally.

The 19-year-old was top scorer at this summer's European U19 Championships, helping Spain to reach the final.

England U21 defender Martin Kelly came through the Academy before helping the reserves to win the league in 2007-08.

His senior debut then came as a substitute in a Champions League clash with PSV in December 2008.

The 20-year-old has 15 appearances to his name.

gawa316

That's fantastic news, happy days, both have a huge future ahead of them

brokencrossbar1

Pacheco may not have had the game we would have hoped last night but he showed more with the ball that he did get than Cole did. I would say Commolli is starting to influence things and hodgson language has generally changed. I still don't think he is the future but will keep quiet for now.

supersub

Apparently team tonight is

Reina

Johnson skrtel soto konchesky

Kuyt  Lucas meireles maxi

Torres Ngog

gawa316

Quote from: supersub on December 06, 2010, 06:05:07 PM

Reina

Torres Ngog

I'd have Aurelio for konch but the rest really pick themselves at the minute

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on December 06, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

Reina

Torres Ngog

Agreed, also think Jova is being treated pretty poorly, I would have him up with Torres instead of N'Gog.  Don't like Monday night games and have a bad, bad feeling that they will be beaten tonight.

supersub

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 06, 2010, 06:34:21 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 06, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

Reina

Torres Ngog

Agreed, also think Jova is being treated pretty poorly, I would have him up with Torres instead of N'Gog.  Don't like Monday night games and have a bad, bad feeling that they will be beaten tonight.

Same for me with Aurelio! However wouldnt mind shelvey getting the odd prem game as well as european matches.

Denn Forever

Torres with his wife for the birth of their baby.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

Congrats to Torres but what a time for it to happen haha

Declan

supersub

Villa are playing like us, panicing on the ball etc! And we are playing out of our skins.