Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Quote from: trileacman on October 01, 2013, 03:21:39 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 01, 2013, 12:41:06 PM

Penrose is a blow-in. For a long time Carmen only had Gromley on the county squad compared to Moy having the Cavanaghs, Jordan and Mellon. How many championships have Moy in the last 10 years? How many do Carmen have?

Carrickmore have less talent than Moy but are a better team.

Is that a fact. Despite Carrickmore having less talent than the Moy they had 3 players on the county U21 squad this year, 2 last year, Colm McGurk and Kevin McNally also played for Tyrone seniors, and 4 others who represented Tyrone at minor level. They may have lost to lesser teams IN THE LEAGUE this year with skeleton teams, but they have also beaten Clonoe, Coalisland, Dromore, Ardboe and drew with Errigal. In the past 10 years Carrickmore have won 2 championships, been beat in 2 finals and 3 semi finals. Is that perennial underachievement? I don't think so.
Moy will be dangerous and could well win but its will take some performance.

Jesus there are some f**king children in here, if you're all so easily annoyed then fcuk off up a mountain and you'll be happier than a pig in sh't. I've been berated for running down moy. Now you Carmen folk are pissed off. Jesus f**king Christ. Carmen have a fine record in championship in ghe last ten years. That's the point I was already making. I don't give a f**k who was on the minor squad this year, I'm talking about senior championship this past 10 years. And moy, given their talent, have underachieved and Carmen have excelled.

And where the f**k did you come up with "perennial under-achievers"? Nobody mentioned that In the past forty f**king pages.

Perhaps I misinterpreted what you said then. To me it read that Carrickmore had underachieved as they had not won a championship from 2005. 
Surly you can see that your statement that the Moy have more talent but Carmen have the better team is slightly unhinged. All in all that is a lot of F@@ks in one statement for a man who doesn't give a fook.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 01, 2013, 03:36:58 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on October 01, 2013, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 01, 2013, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on October 01, 2013, 01:18:37 PM
Here's my view, why would any serious footballer have their wedding in August/September or October knowing that is championship season. Jan -July non championship, lots of time for getting married and holidays. Why would a plyer put his team mates and team in that position.

If you take into consideration league fixtures the 'serious' footballer should only plan his wedding/stag do in the December-March period. The league and Championship now run from April to the end of November. Be warned.

How's single life Man Marker?

I don't think missing two weeks in the league will effect anyone? But the championship, well thats a different thing entirely.
well i suppose that depends what club you are from doesnt it, for alot of clubs , staying out of relegaton in the league, or maybe seeking promotion, is as important as any championship game.

the bottom line is, stewartstowns request could have been quite easily accommodated and they chose not to do this.

Here's my take on it, the county board has been very determined over the past two seasons to have the 1st round played by the end of may/start of June, and IMO they are going out of their way to sicken the clubs by what they are doing here, also by playing quater, semi and final games in weekly succession regardless of recovery or injuries to players. And they will say we told you so, if you played the 1st round like we wanted this would allow us more space to give you rest. Our sen county champs will have to play the week after the county final AGAIN. Is it wonder we can't do well in the Ulster club. Further evidence of where they don't give one hoot about the club players, was there use of the 1st round games, split over 2 weekends instead of one weekend that would have given some repsite for players as well. All about the money you see and the county teams.

Surely clubs won't allow the county board to shaft them on this, whereby half of the clubs in Tyrone will have their young players in the states by the end of June because they were bullied into playing the 1st round of the championship by the end of June

everymanaman

Quote from: Hereiam on October 01, 2013, 03:27:04 PM
When the hell is the reserve championships going to be played. That's the question everyone wants answered.
Going to play it over 2 days at Garvaghey under the lights!!

NDA

Massive overhaul of club structures and fixtures needed. Club adult football and club players are suffering at the hands of an incompetent, arrogant and ignorant CCC. It isn't right that 1 unelected man can dictate to everyone and hold clubs to ransom. Absolutely no common sense regarding adult fixtures for past few years.

nothingbettertobeat

i see its a double header next monday night in healy park for the Intermediate semi finals? a monday night? :O
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

clarshack

both ifc semi finals now on monday evening at healy park. at least common sense prevailed in the end as it was also unfair on eskra to play monday and then friday night.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: clarshack on October 01, 2013, 10:46:09 PM
both ifc semi finals now on monday evening at healy park. at least common sense prevailed in the end as it was also unfair on eskra to play monday and then friday night.

Good to hear. However it screws up my plans of heading to the match on Saturday!  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 02, 2013, 01:00:50 AM
Just to add away from club championship talk, good to see both Drumragh Integrated and IC Dungannon enter boys football teams at U14 and U16 levels this year.

Great to see this.  Collie Holmes is doing great work at this school. I would wish them both good luck.

giveherlong

When the hell is the reserve championships going to be played. That's the question everyone wants answered.
Many of the clubs who have reached the latter stages of the championship will have used quite a few of their reserves as subs in their championship games. Surely the first round of the reserve championship should have been played by now?

The Trap

Was talking to an angry Urney man this morning (and thats not a good thing!)........apparently Stewartstown had told the county board they werent going to turn up on Sat so the match has been changed to Monday. Urney are now threatening to do the same as they could be without players on a Monday night. Absolute farce..............as NDA said club players are treated like absolute s***e.............

giveherlong

Couple of fixture queries if anyone can help

When is the junior and intermediate finals taking place?
When is the reserve championship fixed for?
When is the next round of league fixtures?
Will they be Saturday or Sunday games and will there be a game very weekend? Surely the county board could release the schedule for all these games or even update the website?

WeeDonns

Quote from: giveherlong on October 02, 2013, 09:50:19 AM
Many of the clubs who have reached the latter stages of the championship will have used quite a few of their reserves as subs in their championship games. Surely the first round of the reserve championship should have been played by now?

Sure it's only reserves, who gives a f**k about ye! Now could you all show us the great Gaels that you are and fill out the attached form   ;)

Wee Roddy

Urney will be turning up. It is sound work by their manager creating his mentality. He may get a few extra % out of his players now. You can imagine the quote "them shower in the county board bowing to them Loughshore men just because we are a wee club. Johnny has been on the Tyrone squad all year and never got a look in. We are being treated as second rate here They don't want us in division one" 

giveherlong

Quote from: WeeDonns on October 02, 2013, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 02, 2013, 09:50:19 AM

Sure it's only reserves, who gives a f**k about ye! Now could you all show us the great Gaels that you are and fill out the attached form   ;)
County board mentality alright. I'm assuming the reserve championship will add at least an extra week to the league season. First round Friday night games are out due to light. Co board will hardly schedule reserve championship Saturday and then senior and reserve games on Sunday?

clarshack

Quote from: The Trap on October 02, 2013, 09:57:35 AM
Was talking to an angry Urney man this morning (and thats not a good thing!)........apparently Stewartstown had told the county board they werent going to turn up on Sat so the match has been changed to Monday. Urney are now threatening to do the same as they could be without players on a Monday night. Absolute farce..............as NDA said club players are treated like absolute s***e.............

absolute nonsense! there was never any question of us not fielding. we were going to be severely weakened but we were always going to turn up even if it meant playing our minor team.