Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenosebandit

Quote from: LeoMc on October 03, 2013, 08:46:13 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2013, 08:35:20 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 03, 2013, 08:32:34 AM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on October 03, 2013, 08:06:54 AM
Feel Sorry for him? He's not a bad lad? hopefully it doesnt ruin his county career????
Are you for real??? If this is true, He is no more than a petty thief, who has committed a crime that should be punished. Just because he plays for tyrone doesnt mean we should feel any sort of remorse or emotion for him, in fact it should enrage and disgust us even more. A guy who receives a generous amount of money from the GPA every year, is well looked after by the tyrone board, and has got a job directly through the gaa, he should be rightly ridiculed and comdemned, its the act of a low life.
And for those who say this isnt the place to be discussing it......there are pages set up about Gerry Adams' brother and the girls smuggling cocaine from

Agree with this. As long as we always say 'allegedly' we'll be grand.

So who has allegedly done what?

If you read Winghalfbacks last couple of posts it doesn't take much working out. If it is not as black and white as is being painted then whb could be in a bit of bother.
If it is true then he is only following in the footsteps of a team mate.

the footsteps of a team mate?
honestly wasnt aware of anything like this happening before? any more info??

God14

Well his twitter account - which he was a prolific poster - has been deleted.

He was certainly getting alot of abuse

clarshack

if it turns out to be true he shouldnt play for tyrone again. ger cavlan never played again for tyrone after the 'canonball' incident.

winghalfback

Quote from: bluenosebandit on October 03, 2013, 08:59:24 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 03, 2013, 08:46:13 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2013, 08:35:20 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 03, 2013, 08:32:34 AM
Quote from: bluenosebandit on October 03, 2013, 08:06:54 AM
Feel Sorry for him? He's not a bad lad? hopefully it doesnt ruin his county career????
Are you for real??? If this is true, He is no more than a petty thief, who has committed a crime that should be punished. Just because he plays for tyrone doesnt mean we should feel any sort of remorse or emotion for him, in fact it should enrage and disgust us even more. A guy who receives a generous amount of money from the GPA every year, is well looked after by the tyrone board, and has got a job directly through the gaa, he should be rightly ridiculed and comdemned, its the act of a low life.
And for those who say this isnt the place to be discussing it......there are pages set up about Gerry Adams' brother and the girls smuggling cocaine from

Agree with this. As long as we always say 'allegedly' we'll be grand.

So who has allegedly done what?

If you read Winghalfbacks last couple of posts it doesn't take much working out. If it is not as black and white as is being painted then whb could be in a bit of bother.
If it is true then he is only following in the footsteps of a team mate.

the footsteps of a team mate?
honestly wasnt aware of anything like this happening before? any more info??

lol yis are all wile craic hi. Ill be in no bother as i have said nothing imcriminating on any individual some people on here have said more than me on the players identity. Yeah him as another team mate well renouned for this kind of kaper. Better say nomore or i could be in wile bother

nrico2006

Quote from: clarshack on October 03, 2013, 10:40:07 AM
if it turns out to be true he shouldnt play for tyrone again. ger cavlan never played again for tyrone after the 'canonball' incident.

I don't see how off the field issues should affect your football career.  Cavlan was effectively finished anyway when the dog business came out, and to be honest I would rather see other players starting before the player in question anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

"When you are in the public eye and a role model for young children your off field issues certainly should affect your football career."

+1

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on October 03, 2013, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2013, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 03, 2013, 10:40:07 AM

I don't see how off the field issues should affect your football career.  Cavlan was effectively finished anyway when the dog business came out, and to be honest I would rather see other players starting before the player in question anyway.

When you are in the public eye and a role model for young children your off field issues certainly should affect your football career.
A noble sentiment but you do not have to look to far back through the list of All-Ireland winning teams to see players who are less than role models for young Children. 
Do we end players careers on the back of anonymous internet rumours?
Do they need to be charged and convicted or is charging them enough?
What level of offences should preclude players for playing for their County or their club?

If a Kerry player is charged with assaulting a patron in a bar should be be banned from representative football until the case is heard?
If a Donegal player throws a blackboard duster at a pupil should he be banned from playing?
If a Dublin player and his brother are convicted of affray after a fight in a bar should he be banned from playing?

God14

Fair point Leo.

However this particular incident would attract OTT slagging from the stands and sledging from opponents as well. The real life scenarios from different counties you listed are all related to assault, short temper & alcohol. These are seen by the public as a lesser wrong or evil than what has been ALLEGED here.

It would be for the benefit of the individual in question in particular. If you cant handle it on twitter, what chance in somewhere like the athletic grounds in Armagh on a championship day.

On a different note, the player in question I believe occasionally posted on here.

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on October 03, 2013, 11:44:26 AM
Fair point Leo.

However this particular incident would attract OTT slagging from the stands and sledging from opponents as well. The real life scenarios from different counties you listed are all related to assault, short temper & alcohol. These are seen by the public as a lesser wrong or evil than what has been ALLEGED here.

It would be for the benefit of the individual in question in particular. If you cant handle it on twitter, what chance in somewhere like the athletic grounds in Armagh on a championship day.

On a different note, the player in question I believe occasionally posted on here.

Is battering the head of someobody or chucking a duster at a childs head seen as less severe than stealing?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2013, 11:47:07 AM
Fair point Leo.

Is battering the head of someobody or chucking a duster at a childs head seen as less severe than stealing?

Not my opinion nrico, but I think it will generate more abuse, verbals. That's all im trying to get at. Its not the sort of thing that will be easily forgotten about unfortunately.

EC Unique

Maybe a bit early to be ending a mans county career when nothing has been proven. All hearsay as far as I can see.

LeoMc

Quote from: God14 on October 03, 2013, 11:49:31 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2013, 11:47:07 AM
Fair point Leo.

Not my opinion nrico, but I think it will generate more abuse, verbals. That's all im trying to get at. Its not the sort of thing that will be easily forgotten about unfortunately.

If we are going down that road we should be suspending all players with good looking sisters

God14

LeoMc

Quote from: God14 on October 03, 2013, 12:25:44 PM
Apples & Oranges Leo!
If you are dropping a player because he might get a lot of abuse from other players then they are not so different. If you are dropping him because of his alleged offences then we need to know where we are drawing the line, i.e. rumours (sure everybody knows) / charges / convictions / gaol time / level of offence / club or County?

EC Unique

Evens for an Errigal Carmen final. Bookies have made up their minds. Would be nice to see 'the big 2' back in the final again.  :)