Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Penrose is a blow-in. For a long time Carmen only had Gromley on the county squad compared to Moy having the Cavanaghs, Jordan and Mellon. How many championships have Moy in the last 10 years? How many do Carmen have?

Carrickmore have less talent than Moy but are a better team.
[/quote]

Is that a fact. Despite Carrickmore having less talent than the Moy they had 3 players on the county U21 squad this year, 2 last year, Colm McGurk and Kevin McNally also played for Tyrone seniors, and 4 others who represented Tyrone at minor level. They may have lost to lesser teams IN THE LEAGUE this year with skeleton teams, but they have also beaten Clonoe, Coalisland, Dromore, Ardboe and drew with Errigal. In the past 10 years Carrickmore have won 2 championships, been beat in 2 finals and 3 semi finals. Is that perennial underachievement? I don't think so.
Moy will be dangerous and could well win but its will take some performance.

clarshack

looks like we will be playing urney on saturday with a seriously depleted team despite numerous appeals to play it on friday evening.  :(

big mickey mulgrew gets married in donegal on saturday and several players are also in the wedding party. there's just no way out of it for them to go and play the match.

the county board knew this and went ahead and fixed it anyway for saturday at 3.15.

as eskra only progressed to the semi last night - would it not have made more sense to have their game on saturday instead and give them an extra days rest. also with rock having played on sunday past, i'm sure they would not have been too unhappy with an extra day either.

urney would have had at least a weeks rest no matter if it was fri or sat.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on October 01, 2013, 12:59:48 PM
looks like we will be playing urney on saturday with a seriously depleted team despite numerous appeals to play it on friday evening.  :(

big mickey mulgrew gets married in donegal on saturday and several players are also in the wedding party. there's just no way out of it for them to go and play the match.

the county board knew this and went ahead and fixed it anyway for saturday at 3.15.

as eskra only progressed to the semi last night - would it not have made more sense to have their game on saturday instead and give them an extra days rest. also with rock having played on sunday past, i'm sure they would not have been too unhappy with an extra day either.

unfortunately this is typical of the way the club fixtures have been dealt with this year, with no common sense being applied at all it seems.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Hit the nail on the head wee roddy!!!  Moy have 4/5 very good individuals  Carrickmore also have 4/5 very good individuals but they have the pedigree in the rest of the team to change a game if their main men are under performing.  Moy lack the depth of squad to really test Carrickmore.  There is no doubt Sean Cavanagh if allowed to play would destroy any team but Conor Gormley and Carrickmore wont let him play.  Gormley is a master at taking key men out of a game and an excellent reader of play.

Championship odds reflect how big the task is for Moy:  Carrickmore: Evens (fav)  Moy: 16/1 (paddypower)

Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: clarshack on October 01, 2013, 12:59:48 PM

Have to feel sorry for you there Clarshack.  Its a real pity the CCCC cant work with clubs to try and accomodate best they can.  When one of your team-mates gets married, natuarlly there is going to be a large number of them attending.  Did they give a reason why they wont swap the Eskra game to Saturday and your game to Friday night?

Man Marker

Here's my view, why would any serious footballer have their wedding in August/September or October knowing that is championship season. Jan -July non championship, lots of time for getting married and holidays. Why would a plyer put his team mates and team in that position.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Man Marker on October 01, 2013, 01:18:37 PM
Here's my view, why would any serious footballer have their wedding in August/September or October knowing that is championship season. Jan -July non championship, lots of time for getting married and holidays. Why would a plyer put his team mates and team in that position.
thats not really the point though is it?
there is a simple solution that could be applied by the cccc, yet they refuse to do it, there doesn't seem to be any reasoning behind this.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blackball

Wise up! the lad plays intermediate club football! when your booking a wedding 2-3 years in advance for October your hardly thinking its going to clash with an intermediate semi final!

nrico2006

Commone sense never prevails in the GAA, its a joke that the County Championships are still not near finishing and it is October. 

It looks like Urneys to win, thought Strabane would have gave it a good rattle as they have developed a good, young team the past year or two.  Was anybody at their game last night?  It seemed like Strabane had a good forward line this year with McLaughlin, Devine and Mullen but from the two Eskra games they seemed to struggle for scores.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

clarshack

well the county board have been trying to get the championship started in may/june in the last 2 seasons but have been out voted by the clubs, it is therefore impossible to predict when the championship will take place in a season until about spring time of that year.

Man Marker

Quote from: blackball on October 01, 2013, 01:32:37 PM

Wise up! the lad plays intermediate club football! when your booking a wedding 2-3 years in advance for October your hardly thinking its going to clash with an intermediate semi final!

Whys that? the championship has been played in Aug/Sept/Oct the past 6 years. Intermediate semi finals always in this time period. Its seems to me and this is my point, he never game the team and players a thought when doing it, any body involved in Tyrone GAA knows when the semi fianls and finals of championships are played.

Man Marker

Quote from: Under Lights on October 01, 2013, 01:39:57 PM

If you take into consideration league fixtures the 'serious' footballer should only plan his wedding/stag do in the December-March period. The league and Championship now run from April to the end of November. Be warned.

How's single life Man Marker?

I don't think missing two weeks in the league will effect anyone? But the championship, well thats a different thing entirely.

trileacman

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 01, 2013, 12:41:06 PM

Penrose is a blow-in. For a long time Carmen only had Gromley on the county squad compared to Moy having the Cavanaghs, Jordan and Mellon. How many championships have Moy in the last 10 years? How many do Carmen have?

Carrickmore have less talent than Moy but are a better team.

Is that a fact. Despite Carrickmore having less talent than the Moy they had 3 players on the county U21 squad this year, 2 last year, Colm McGurk and Kevin McNally also played for Tyrone seniors, and 4 others who represented Tyrone at minor level. They may have lost to lesser teams IN THE LEAGUE this year with skeleton teams, but they have also beaten Clonoe, Coalisland, Dromore, Ardboe and drew with Errigal. In the past 10 years Carrickmore have won 2 championships, been beat in 2 finals and 3 semi finals. Is that perennial underachievement? I don't think so.
Moy will be dangerous and could well win but its will take some performance.
[/quote]

Jesus there are some f**king children in here, if you're all so easily annoyed then fcuk off up a mountain and you'll be happier than a pig in sh't. I've been berated for running down moy. Now you Carmen folk are pissed off. Jesus f**king Christ. Carmen have a fine record in championship in ghe last ten years. That's the point I was already making. I don't give a f**k who was on the minor squad this year, I'm talking about senior championship this past 10 years. And moy, given their talent, have underachieved and Carmen have excelled.

And where the f**k did you come up with "perennial under-achievers"? Nobody mentioned that In the past forty f**king pages.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hereiam

When the hell is the reserve championships going to be played. That's the question everyone wants answered.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Man Marker on October 01, 2013, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 01, 2013, 01:39:57 PM

If you take into consideration league fixtures the 'serious' footballer should only plan his wedding/stag do in the December-March period. The league and Championship now run from April to the end of November. Be warned.

How's single life Man Marker?

I don't think missing two weeks in the league will effect anyone? But the championship, well thats a different thing entirely.
well i suppose that depends what club you are from doesnt it, for alot of clubs , staying out of relegaton in the league, or maybe seeking promotion, is as important as any championship game.

the bottom line is, stewartstowns request could have been quite easily accommodated and they chose not to do this.