Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 16, 2011, 03:20:03 PM
Check out yer man giving then receiving an almighty kickin' about 5.30 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0xpFNp7hYs

Just thought i'd add some perspective.
Sorry but i fail to notice how this adds perspective? It is a sad day for the GAA when you have to say that any row was "slightly less worse than the one from the attached clip"

tyssam5

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 16, 2011, 11:54:22 AM
Trail by Media.....stand up Mr Kenny Archer. Are journalists not meant to state facts rather than spout their opinions which are wrong???
If he checks his facts he will see that a member of the Tyrone county board tried to stop the umberella man and got struck!
Its a well known fact within Tyrone that a member of the Dromore and indeed Tyrone team insulted a Carrickmore players wife who is from Dromore, after he had been dismissed. That is what actually started the row...and i tell you there was no one outside of Dromore sorry to see him get a clout!

Should this part not read a 'well known rumour within Carrickmore'?

Roddy were you not the man telling us 'facts' about the referee being assaulted at the ladies game having an association with Greg Luganis of diving fame? Tell us more about that 'fact'.

GAA_Finatic

Unbelieveable Gregory Jordan, never made U-21's.

aChairde

I fully understand how comparing rows with other sports and even previous incidents will go now way to improving things. What happened last weekend was terrible but I think that since the incident something of a witch hunt has occured. In my opinion what happened on the field is the responsibility of the clubs involved and without condoning fighting I feel that considering the parochial nature of Gaelic games it will happen. I feel the county board should simply use video evidence to punish those involved in a way that they would have done if nothing had happened in the crowd (which should be lengthy bans if necessary).

I also think that  a club cannot be held responsible for the actions of its supporters especially when in this case they have no say what so ever in who comes to the game. I am generally against the police becoming involved in on the field matters but think that for situations like Sunday past, the only 'fair' way to handle the trouble in the crowd is to allow the police to investigate it.

Throwing two clubs out of competitions etc is only punishing the genuine gaels that make up a huge majority of both sets of players and supporters.

GAA_Finatic

Who is the U-21 manager this year?

randomtask

Quote from: GAA_Finatic on November 16, 2011, 09:27:10 PM
Who is the U-21 manager this year?

Raymond Munroe and co. Pretty sure Gregory Jordan is over age, good player all the same

red knight

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 16, 2011, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: red knight on November 16, 2011, 02:03:19 PM
Top 4 play offs should now be totally done away with they were only another way for the county board to make another few pound. Carrickmore should have won the leauge 5 to 6 weeks ago because they finished top an this crack about playin without county men is a load off bull too. Carrickmore had gormley an donnelly both on county duty this year an still topped the leauge. So that playing without our county men does not stand up. As for what happened on sunday well that was totally wrong both clubs should be heavly punished an i think the county board should not hold back on the bans either. Yes what happen on the feild was really handbags stuff but in the stands was a lot more serious an no matter what both clubs say action an strong action has to be taken cause if this is in any way over looked then tyrone gaa will continue make headline news cause it will happen again an again

You from Beragh or Carrickmore? Maybe you just slipped there! lol
im a beragh man through an through there was no slip up

red knight

Quote from: bustsummoves on November 16, 2011, 04:31:14 PM
Quote from: red knight on November 16, 2011, 02:03:19 PM
Top 4 play offs should now be totally done away with they were only another way for the county board to make another few pound. Carrickmore should have won the leauge 5 to 6 weeks ago because they finished top an this crack about playin without county men is a load off bull too. Carrickmore had gormley an donnelly both on county duty this year an still topped the leauge. So that playing without our county men does not stand up. As for what happened on sunday well that was totally wrong both clubs should be heavly punished an i think the county board should not hold back on the bans either. Yes what happen on the feild was really handbags stuff but in the stands was a lot more serious an no matter what both clubs say action an strong action has to be taken cause if this is in any way over looked then tyrone gaa will continue make headline news cause it will happen again an again

Ehhhh how do you work this out. Dromore have 4 county men should them 4 have played in stared games. They would of being sitting at the top of ACL Div 1.
i dont beleive they wood have carrickmore were much more impressive in the league this year givin a few teams a good tankin. Im no big fan or carrickmore or dromore that just what i think

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: GAA_Finatic on July 11, 2011, 09:42:14 PM
Eglish by far the better team, philly Jordan and Cavanagh seemed to referee the game between them.

GAA Finatic-have you transferred clubs inside this last few months, FAIL!

Although I agree, Gregory Jordan is a fine player and if eligible should be in the squad for the U-21s.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 16, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
Did the clubs that have no players listed for trials send in names of players for such trials? I know in the past some clubs either don't bother if they think there isn't anyone in the club good enough, or just have a habit of not really doing it.

As far as I know this system only runs up to Tyrone minors - For U-21's and Seniors you have to get the call!

Norf Tyrone

I see the police now involved in the Carrickmore/ Dromore row.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 17, 2011, 10:23:51 AM
I see the police now involved in the Carrickmore/ Dromore row.
where did you read/hear that Norf?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

skeog

sign of changing times with carmen calling in psni

goal and a point

Quote from: skeog on November 17, 2011, 10:29:44 AM

when the PSNI were involved in the ladies final - it was like a mortal sin for this to happen and to get them involved........

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: skeog on November 17, 2011, 10:29:44 AM

If what iv heard is true then there shouldnt be any qualms with the PSNI being involved