Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

EC Unique

Yea fair enough Dromore as well but I am getting fed up with Tyrone football getting dragged into the gutter and this is a new low. Serious action is required but I will not hold my breath.

fairplay11

EC are you sure you arent Mark Loughran or some off family jumping in here with a wooden spoon? :-\
Errigal are no angels when it comes to football, the sneaky Canavan was fond of starting rows throwing a few blows then skitting.
Both clubs were involved. End of story and if the Dromore business man had not have hit the brolly the fight in the stand would never have taken place.
It is easy to blame Carmen because they are high profile.

downatthemidda

firstly,dromore deserved their victory. better team all round on the day. the row on the pitch was started by carmen. we had 2 men lined for the incident and the game was finished. this was a result of years of verbal abuse from ricey and co,simple. something that the gaa should be taking a very close look at. now,the row in the stand was a direct result of a dromore supporter attacking our players with an umbrella.  can anyone fom any club honestly say,that if there players were being attacked by rival supporters that nothing wud happen???? dont think so. so wind ur neck in ec,people in glass houses....bunch of gather ups who change their name,colours and identity coz youse cant agree with eachother. coming on here with ur big stick,to beat carmen. its the only way youse will beat them for a while.

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone County Board have to set an example here, twice this year Tyrone Club football has made the News and both incidents involved Carrickmore and violence!  Championship games sholud be taken away from the club.  Both clubs should have their pitches closed an subsequent bans to the players/supporters involved.
Living the dream!!!

Nally Stand

Quote from: downatthemidda on November 15, 2011, 01:54:17 PM
firstly,dromore deserved their victory. better team all round on the day. the row on the pitch was started by carmen. we had 2 men lined for the incident and the game was finished. this was a result of years of verbal abuse from ricey and co,simple. something that the gaa should be taking a very close look at. now,the row in the stand was a direct result of a dromore supporter attacking our players with an umbrella.  can anyone fom any club honestly say,that if there players were being attacked by rival supporters that nothing wud happen???? dont think so. so wind ur neck in ec,people in glass houses....bunch of gather ups who change their name,colours and identity coz youse cant agree with eachother. coming on here with ur big stick,to beat carmen. its the only way youse will beat them for a while.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bustsummoves

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 15, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Dromore played carmen off the park for the whole game. Couldnt live with them, Dromore are very imprssive and have set the standard for the rest to follow. McCarron , Oneill and Mickey Garry were not playing on sunday and won confortable.

goal and a point

Dromore played carmen off the park for the whole game. Couldnt live with them, Dromore are very imprssive and have set the standard for the rest to follow. McCarron , Oneill and Mickey Garry were not playing on sunday and won confortable.
[/quote]

Forgot about o neill and Garry - if both were fully fit would probably be 2 automatic starters.
O Neil being suspended may affect their chances of winning u21s - is he still underage?

Tommo2

There is no way Carrickmore will show remorse for what has happened because they probably feel that they were within their rights as evidenced from the above statement. They are never in the wrong.  No matter what anyone says on this forum, it will not change the mindset. The only thing that may change the mindset would be a severe punishment along with dromore.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 15, 2011, 08:27:56 PM

There is no way Carrickmore will show remorse for what has happened because they probably feel that they were within their rights as evidenced from the above statement. They are never in the wrong.  No matter what anyone says on this forum, it will not change the mindset. The only thing that may change the mindset would be a severe punishment along with dromore.

Agreed - Carrickmores biggest problem is admitting when they're wrong! They usually will always adopt the age old loose lips approach - This is not war its sport after all!

Wee Roddy

Correct me if I am wrong but has Carrickmore club not issued a statement codemning anything that happened on the terraces on Sunday. What happened on the field happens up and down the country every day of the week and wouldnt have been mentioned only for what happened in the stands.
An officer of the club got abused and man handled by a member he tried to stop and a Carrickmore County board official got hit by a Dromore man he tried to keep out of the row.
Someone nearer than it to me pointed out that the players all stopped and watched what happened in the crowd so the infield scrapping cant have been that bad.

Wee Roddy

Trail by Media.....stand up Mr Kenny Archer. Are journalists not meant to state facts rather than spout their opinions which are wrong???
If he checks his facts he will see that a member of the Tyrone county board tried to stop the umberella man and got struck!
Its a well known fact within Tyrone that a member of the Dromore and indeed Tyrone team insulted a Carrickmore players wife who is from Dromore, after he had been dismissed. That is what actually started the row...and i tell you there was no one outside of Dromore sorry to see him get a clout!

Radda bout yeee

I'm not talking about the standard statement which Carrickmore released (which should be applauded) i'm talking about people out and about i've been chatting to and even on here. I know that both clubs were to blame but at the end of the day it seems to be Carrickmore who are forcing a 'its all Dromore's fault' line to everyone!

I think its a tactic to minimise the actions that are brought against them.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: hardstation on November 16, 2011, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 16, 2011, 12:02:25 PM
I'm not talking about the standard statement which Carrickmore released (which should be applauded) i'm talking about people out and about i've been chatting to and even on here. I know that both clubs were to blame but at the end of the day it seems to be Carrickmore who are forcing a 'its all Dromore's fault' line to everyone!

I think its a tactic to minimise the actions that are brought against them.
No harm but I think the opposite. It appears to me that Carrickmore are getting a bad time here with people falsely claiming that "it's always them" (Agenda driven EC Unique) etc while overlooking Dromore's absolutely appalling behaviour on many occasions over the last number of years.
Look at the other thread, it is Carrickmore this, Carrickmore that from people from Meath and Galway who know fcuk all about it. They are even being blamed for the umbrella incident by some. As far as I can see, the Carrickmore ones on here have just said "It takes two to tango and both sides were to blame", which is fair enough.

Fair enough! I agree about the other thread and the people from other counties - its clear what they are doing. I know Dromore are no angels my only point is that on many occasions in the past I can rememeber Carrickmore were always the type to try and convince everyone we didn't start it etc etc. Maybe its because we border their parish?? I don't know! Dromore posters have been very quiet on the whole issue (which could in itself point to guilt) all i'm saying is it may be better for the carmen folk to say nothing and let the WUM posters be! Also they should put forward the names of the boxers and don't be putting forward any patsys. Dromore do the same may I add!

red knight

Top 4 play offs should now be totally done away with they were only another way for the county board to make another few pound. Carrickmore should have won the leauge 5 to 6 weeks ago because they finished top an this crack about playin without county men is a load off bull too. Carrickmore had gormley an donnelly both on county duty this year an still topped the leauge. So that playing without our county men does not stand up. As for what happened on sunday well that was totally wrong both clubs should be heavly punished an i think the county board should not hold back on the bans either. Yes what happen on the feild was really handbags stuff but in the stands was a lot more serious an no matter what both clubs say action an strong action has to be taken cause if this is in any way over looked then tyrone gaa will continue make headline news cause it will happen again an again