Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightcaller

Quote from: EC Unique on November 17, 2011, 07:28:38 PM
Nally, all clubs have their problems now and again but surely you can see why we all think Carmen have serious problems that need addressed. There seems to be a siege mentallity that may work well at times but when things boil over it is a recipe for the types os disaster we are seeing too often.

Why WE all? I wouldnt say everybody on here has that opinion, rather an opinion which seems to be driven by yourself EC.

EC Unique

You seriously think there is no problem? I have been talking to people from all over Tyrone and beyond and the general consensus is that Carrickmore have serious discipline issues and can not accept defeat.  Can you not see this?

Carmen Stateside

Your plight is becoming very boring EC, build a bridge!

Up The Middle

Ah seriously EC wise up your becoming very predictable and boring.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

wheres he takin er from

seems something of a carmen witch hunt here. wasnt at game, dont know a pile of detail. but lets get a bit of context.

1. bit of a scuffle on field. rarely a game goes by without some altercation.
2. row in the stand. now i dont know how bad it was, but its not the first time this has ever happened.
3. one report of serious injury to a man losing a bit of his ear, after row in stand. from what i hear he was wearing a carrickmore jersey.

lets see what info County board have before tarring and feathering one or other or even both clubs involved folks?
First on the field and last to leave

shezam

Enda McGinley the latest retirement. A very underrated player IMHO.

Wee Roddy

Its not only Carmen who are annoyed with Archer. It seems the county board are very annoyed with him. I wonder is another RTE type farce about to happen....wait and see ;). What will Kennys bosses say then???

blewuporstuffed

A question for Roddy & nally stand, what punishment do you think the clubs should recieve?
I take it you do accept that both clubs desreve some punishment ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

new devil

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2011, 09:29:38 AM
Its not only Carmen who are annoyed with Archer. It seems the county board are very annoyed with him. I wonder is another RTE type farce about to happen....wait and see ;). What will Kennys bosses say then???

Was Kenny Archer at the game?? If not he should shut the f**k up.....Its pretty obvious from what i've read on here what has happened....Handbags on the field... Dromore fan hits Carmen player with a umbrella which would start a riot at any game in any sport in any part of the world, Some of the shit on this board from people on high horses would make you sick.... I know what i would do if i saw my brother/friend/neighbour/clubman hit my an opposition fan while wearing a Kildress jersey...Anyone that says different is talking shit or is a coward

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: shezam on November 18, 2011, 08:48:58 AM
Enda McGinley the latest retirement. A very underrated player IMHO.

Best player Tyrone had in 2005, and a bit like McGuigan, what would he not have been like (And Tyrone) but for the injuries!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: new devil on November 18, 2011, 10:37:59 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2011, 09:29:38 AM

Was Kenny Archer at the game?? If not he should shut the f**k up.....Its pretty obvious from what i've read on here what has happened....Handbags on the field... Dromore fan hits Carmen player with a umbrella which would start a riot at any game in any sport in any part of the world, Some of the shit on this board from people on high horses would make you sick.... I know what i would do if i saw my brother/friend/neighbour/clubman hit my an opposition fan while wearing a Kildress jersey...Anyone that says different is talking shit or is a coward

Good lad New Devil you always were a lunatic - thats why we want you back for our return to senior next year!!!  ;D

Wee Roddy

Listen I think both Carmen and Dromore should be punished. In what way Im not sure. It seems certain that the clubs will have to put the names forward which will not be an easy task (made harder by Archer). Perhaps bans for the individuals fighting and a heavy monitary fine. Do you close the pitches for a year??? Im not sure. As for what happened on the field? As far as I seen two men were dismissed, and deserved to be, but who were they fighting with? each other!!
Dromore and Ardboe in Omagh was a far bigger scuffle do youse not think?

Moortown Spuds

I fear its going to be record breaking suspensions/punishments. The media attention surrounding this is 10 fold of the Antrim incident and Tyrone wont be looking to be soft touches. Punish the supporters not the club!!!!

Wee Roddy

That is what club clubs hope happens. However people have to come forward and take their bans on the chin. With all the media attention and in some cases jobs on the line, how to hell do you prove someone was fighting. I predict law suits people!

goal and a point

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 18, 2011, 01:14:47 PM
I fear its going to be record breaking suspensions/punishments. The media attention surrounding this is 10 fold of the Antrim incident and Tyrone wont be looking to be soft touches. Punish the supporters not the club!!!!

I would think it will be harsh if any longer suspensions than 3 months were handed out to players, how many players threw punches?, very few.  i am sure the county board video camera would have caught them and they will deal with it like any other punch. The only players that may receive a  greater suspension are the players that jumped up on the fence.
How do you punish supporters, In reality suspending them means nothing, you look at the man given life after the ladies final he appears back at a match the following month. The county board may see the only way to really punish supporters is by closing the pitches for a year (not saying i agree with it) and then every sunday when their club has an away fixture they are constantly reminded of it.