Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Latest news is Rio and Vidic to be sold in the summer. I like Rio, but he's getting on a bit, and is injury prone. Couldnt give a shit about Vidic. Never rated him. Clumsy big git.

Who would replace them?

sammymaguire

Phil Jones and Johnny Evans  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2011, 11:12:32 AM
Latest news is Rio and Vidic to be sold in the summer. I like Rio, but he's getting on a bit, and is injury prone. Couldnt give a shit about Vidic. Never rated him. Clumsy big git.

Who would replace them?

Very easily dismissed the best defensive partnership the PL has had in the last 4 or 5 seasons.

WUM?

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2011, 11:44:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2011, 11:12:32 AM

Who would replace them?

Very easily dismissed the best defensive partnership the PL has had in the last 4 or 5 seasons.

WUM?

I read yesterday in the Sunday Times that Ferguson will probably aim to sell them in the summer and that he had been annoyed by how Vidic reacted to being left out of the team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Anyone who doesn't think Man Utd are a team in decline are deluding themselves . . . This season is almost a write off at this stage and I think you will see a bit of a slump akin to 2003-2006 and it will take another Ronaldo to get them out of it and also a lot more time and dedication to do it.

Can Fergie keep going for another 3/4 years?? I think it's a big ask but you never know. I think he should have gone out last year on somewhat of a high but then men like that can't really stop and who can blame him.

I will be happy enough to see the demise of the team though so I'm happy enough!

Clown

Screen exile wise yourself up
we hear this every year in November/December

i would still make United slight favourites for the title to be honest

EC Unique

Quote from: screenexile on December 05, 2011, 12:28:00 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Man Utd are a team in decline are deluding themselves . . . This season is almost a write off at this stage and I think you will see a bit of a slump akin to 2003-2006 and it will take another Ronaldo to get them out of it and also a lot more time and dedication to do it.

Can Fergie keep going for another 3/4 years?? I think it's a big ask but you never know. I think he should have gone out last year on somewhat of a high but then men like that can't really stop and who can blame him.

I will be happy enough to see the demise of the team though so I'm happy enough!

A Write off? 5 points off the lead and still in all competitions that matter. Hardly.

NAG1

Why?

screenexile

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2011, 12:32:10 PM

Why?

I have an extreme dislike for Alex Ferguson and the United supporters who because their 'team' win the league decide they are somehow a superior being to everyone. All because they just decided one day to follow Manchester United because they are a big club in England and have no tangible link to Manchester or the players or the football club . . . it completely baffles me!

The GAA on the other hand I have to stick my lot in with Derry, I live in the County, have played once or twice for them at underage, I have played along with and against lads currently on the team. That's a proper link to a football team. Not "Manchester United seem successful I'm gonna support them so I can feel better about myself rather than those who don't".

That's it really!

ludermor

Quote from: screenexile on December 05, 2011, 01:55:25 PM

I will be happy nough to see the demise of the team though so I'm happy enough!

Why?

I have an extreme dislike for Alex Ferguson and the United supporters who because their 'team' win the league decide they are somehow a superior being to everyone. All because they just decided one day to follow Manchester United because they are a big club in England and have no tangible link to Manchester or the players or the football club . . . it completely baffles me!

The GAA on the other hand I have to stick my lot in with Derry, I live in the County, have played once or twice for them at underage, I have played along with and against lads currently on the team. That's a proper link to a football team. Not "Manchester United seem successful I'm gonna support them so I can feel better about myself rather than those who don't".

That's it really!
so have the same hatred for liverpoll/villa/leeds fans as well?

screenexile

Quote from: ludermor on December 05, 2011, 02:06:11 PM

I will be happy nough to see the demise of the team though so I'm happy enough!

Why?

That's it really!
so have the same hatred for liverpoll/villa/leeds fans as well?

No . . . I don't find their supporters as blinkered/smug/annoying!

NAG1

Why?

That's it really!

But going by your logic all supporting of teams who you dont have a direct link too or live in the location is wrong, regardless of whether you dislike AF slightly more than the rest.

If thats your opinion why do you choose to come into the United thread and give opinions on their players. Why does it matter to you since you didnt play with them when they were younger nor do you live in the location, so by your logic it shouldnt have effect on you either way.

BennyCake

Screenexile, not all United fans are like that.

And what team do you support?

NAG1

Clown

Screen Exile, i'm not a United fan either, but to come on here and say their team is finished and their season is almost a write off is crazy
It happens every year people writing them off in Autumn, and in May they're champions again