Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 02, 2015, 02:54:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 02, 2015, 02:45:44 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 02, 2015, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2015, 10:08:30 AM
Net spend is for accountants.  The quality of what is brought in is all that counts.  If LVG brought in a team to win the league and it cost £500m no one on here would give a f**k.

Exactly. Judge a manager on what he spends....

OK. So Brendan Rodgers and Van Gaal spent the same. Who has done a better job?

Don't feed the chimps

He has an unhealthy obsession with United.

Hello again MM......I see you are still spouting absolute crap?

Thought you would have learned from the last time....

No unhealthy obsession with UTD.........sometimes you need to call bullshit when you see it (again!)

Obviously you feel its your duty to mask over the actual monies spent by LVG...

Good man.......you doing a great job!

STREET FIGHTER

Net spend is for accountants.  The quality of what is brought in is all that counts.  If LVG brought in a team to win the league and it cost £500m no one on here would give a f**k.

Don't feed the chimps

Lol and to get so personal.....

STREET FIGHTER

Don't feed the chimps

Sorry missed the bit in bold above......

My argument is not about who has done a better job?

I am simply trying to state that any one manager needs to be held accountable for the actual money he spends a not rely on a net figure to deflect away from this point

Brendan Rogers made some terrible signings at huge money......needs to be held accountable

Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, LVG all guilty of the same.....

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2015, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: FermGael on December 02, 2015, 12:07:13 PM
Gary Neville new Valencia head coach.

That's mad Ted!
It will be interesting to see if his knowledge of the game and tactics are as good in real life as what comes across when he is on the TV.
Carra and him were very good at times so that double act will be missed.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 02, 2015, 04:39:50 PM

Don't feed the chimps

Don't be offended.United fans don't like it when someone offers a differing opinion.
Apparently  posts from non united fans are only sensible when they agree with said post.
Anything else and you're a chimp and on the wind up apparently.

Btw someone asked the question comparing Rodgers and LVG and who has done a better job.
Rodgers nearly won the league in his second season as manager. We'll see how close LVG gets to it in his second season before we can compare.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on December 02, 2015, 05:18:11 PM

Don't feed the chimps

Don't be offended.United fans don't like it when someone offers a differing opinion.
Apparently  posts from non united fans are only sensible when they agree with said post.

Btw someone asked the question comparing Rodgers and LVG and who has done a better job.
Rodgers nearly won the league in his second season as manager. We'll see how close LVG gets to it in his second season before we can compare.

I am a United fan and have no problem with non United fans comments at all, they are entitled to their opinions but I think less of what Liverpool fans think because they are United haters and usually have extreme bias in their posts, United fans the same way on Liverpool. absolutely no perspective.

LVG has Unite playing the most boring football I have ever seen a United team play in my lifetime, it is brutal to watch and although I despise Giggs, he would have them playing the United way of Old.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

smort

Quote from: stew on December 02, 2015, 06:39:49 PM

Don't feed the chimps

I am a United fan and have no problem with non United fans comments at all, they are entitled to their opinions but I think less of what Liverpool fans think because they are United haters and usually have extreme bias in their posts, United fans the same way on Liverpool. absolutely no perspective.

LVG has Unite playing the most boring football I have ever seen a United team play in my lifetime, it is brutal to watch and although I despise Giggs, he would have them playing the United way of Old.

glad i'm not the only one!

laoislad

Quote from: smort on December 02, 2015, 06:47:14 PM
Quote from: stew on December 02, 2015, 06:39:49 PM

Don't feed the chimps

glad i'm not the only one!
His own brother probably isn't to fond of him either !

cadhlancian

Maroon Manc, I seriously lol at nearly all your posts. You are the ultimate silver lining supporter. Everything is great, LVG knows everything....
Keep it up 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Boycey

I hope the loss of the Neviller from Sky's coverage doesn't mean we're going to see more of Thierry Henry.. Great footballer, terrible pundit..

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Boycey on December 02, 2015, 08:12:15 PM
I hope the loss of the Neviller from Sky's coverage doesn't mean we're going to see more of Thierry Henry.. Great footballer, terrible pundit..

Neville a massive loss to sky.......Was brilliant....  Henry is woeful......who will succeed Neville?

Definitely no Owen....

stiffler

Neville is as good an analyst as sky have, however thought he was a poor commentator.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on December 02, 2015, 08:51:34 PM
Neville is as good an analyst as sky have, however thought he was a poor commentator.

Yeah funny I really enjoyed him in the studio, less so in the co-commentary seat..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 02, 2015, 08:47:01 PM

Neville a massive loss to sky.......Was brilliant....  Henry is woeful......who will succeed Neville?

Definitely no Owen....
Andy Gray you beauty,take a bow son must have served his sentence by now for a return?

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2015, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 02, 2015, 08:47:01 PM

Definitely no Owen....
Andy Gray you beauty,take a bow son must have served his sentence by now for a return?

Keys & Gray!