Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

We started well and finished well, balance of the side was all wrong and too one paced when Schniderlin went off injured and was replaced by Carrrick. We created more chances and had a lot more efforts on goal than we had in previous games. Delay looked good when he came on, hope he starts in Tuesday.

Blind worries me at centre half, a lot of the chances we concede come from his mistakes.

Mata again frustrated me, he's been poor a while although we're running out of players to replace him.

Rumour doing the rounds that Rooney is not injured and turned up for training in bad shape.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 06, 2015, 04:36:26 PM

Happy enough. Ticking along comfortably in the top four. Defensively excellent, quality midfield but don't have the attacking edge the best teams have. Not sure what LVG can do about that - the players haven't been available.

Even with the injuries endured United are sitting perfectly on the shoulder of Arsenal / City for championship push. A good christmas period could see us hitting the front at a good time. This

The buck stops with the manager - it is/was his responsibility to bring in strikers/attacking players in the summer and he didn't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

Who should he have brought in?

rodney trotter

He should have at least held on to some players, instead of letting them go like there is no tomorrow.

James Wilson and Hernandez both scored for their Clubs at the weekend. Wilson obviously only on loan but should have been kept.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 07, 2015, 10:03:39 AM

Who should he have brought in?

I'm not the man to specify that, but in a game that is played by millions worldwide and with a supposed global scouting network in place they should have identified a few targets at least.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

There's the problem with those articulating these views.

Name an attacker who could have been bought last summer who could have made a real difference.
Naming Hernandez and Wilson is a laugh - they've consistently proven they're not good enough. United already have the firepower to beat most teams in England and mid level teams in Europe.

What's missing is the top quality bracket player - they're all tied down.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 07, 2015, 11:01:16 AM

Name an attacker who could have been bought last summer who could have made a real difference.
Naming Hernandez and Wilson is a laugh - they've consistently proven they're not good enough. United already have the firepower to beat most teams in England and mid level teams in Europe.

There are loads of players out there that score goals and will do at a top club, thats where a clubs scouting system should be earning their money and identify targets.  This argument that all the top strikers are tied down doesn't wash, a lot of the top strikers now were not well known at one point. 

DuffleKing

Maroon Manc

The big problem is LVG thought that Rooney would score a lot more goals then he has done but in reality he's finished at this level. Hernandez wasn't good enough and wasn't suited to the way we played. I'm annoyed that Wilson hasn't got more games but in fairness he's been injured for most of the season and we do have a recall option on him.

Its not just our forwards as we've not been creating enough chances although against Watford & West Ham we did and Rooney featured in  neither games. Basti is getting forward a lot more than he did and we've been getting more players into the box when crosses have come in. I'd like to see a front 3 of Lingard, Martial & Depay with Herrera in behind and Basti & Schniderlin as the midfield 2. There's enough pace and creativity in that team and we'd be better to watch.

Jeepers Creepers

Very few wanting to have a rattle from outside the box either, which is alright if you are creating a million chances inside. Utd aren't.

stew

Hernandez has proven he can score at whatever level you throw at him, I have been watching Wilson's progress since he was 14 and he has never had a good run in the team to judge his ability and to find out if he has the stuff to be a top striker that his coaches saw in him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 07, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

The big problem is LVG thought that Rooney would score a lot more goals then he has done but in reality he's finished at this level. Hernandez wasn't good enough and wasn't suited to the way we played. I'm annoyed that Wilson hasn't got more games but in fairness he's been injured for most of the season and we do have a recall option on him.

Its not just our forwards as we've not been creating enough chances although against Watford & West Ham we did and Rooney featured in  neither games. Basti is getting forward a lot more than he did and we've been getting more players into the box when crosses have come in. I'd like to see a front 3 of Lingard, Martial & Depay with Herrera in behind and Basti & Schniderlin as the midfield 2. There's enough pace and creativity in that team and we'd be better to watch.

That is what kills me, they cant score and Wilson is available yet they will not bring him bag, the kid is a stud and deserves a run. he has speed to burn and can finish, I do not see the problem here.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

rodney trotter

Wilson was consistenly on the bench. He should have played more. Hernandez has scored 11 in the last 10 games for Bayer Leverkusen.

Aubameyang of Borussia Dortmund has been very good for a few seasons. A player they could have gone for...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 07, 2015, 07:11:13 PM

Wilson was consistenly on the bench. He should have played more. Hernandez has scored 11 in the last 10 games for Bayer Leverkusen.
Won player of the month in German I see. Nani had a good season in Portugal last year he is as good as Valencia,young or Depay.

Can anymore here see Manchester United getting the win they require in Germany tomorrow night? Another draw and early champions league exit looks the most likely outcome.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 07, 2015, 07:24:11 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 07, 2015, 07:11:13 PM

Won player of the month in German I see. Nani had a good season in Portugal last year he is as good as Valencia,young or Depay.

Can anymore here see Manchester United getting the win they require in Germany tomorrow night? Another draw and early champions league exit looks the most likely outcome.

On current form no... They need to score goals and who's going to do that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea