Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Is there many club teams back into pre season training yet?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Christmas Lights on January 27, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
Is there many club teams back into pre season training yet?

Ardboe are back about 3 weeks.

bigtogs

Quote from: clarshack on January 24, 2012, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Mac Eoghain on January 24, 2012, 04:43:02 PM
My eyes could be deceiving me - but is that big Sean McCabe in the middle of it? I thought he was with Clonoe last year? If you watch that fight - it really is a bit of a non-fight - very little in the way of punches and plenty in the way of handbags. Disappointing really.

aye, that's him alright.

What is his roll with Derrytresk?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bigtogs

he may de-motivate them sub will!!

Club Rossa

I see they're giving off on the Derry forum about nasty Tyrone ::)
Do they actually look at their own players?
Conway and Diver spent most of their time getting involved with our players and trying to throw their weight about.Devlin and McCallion going at McMahon after the goal.Paddy Bradley pushing Colm Cavanaghs head into the ground.On the subject of Bradley i had to laugh at him kissing the badge.He wasn't too worried about the badge when he huffed and walked off the panel a couple of years ago.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 29, 2012, 09:23:30 AM
Conway and Diver spent most of their time getting involved with our players and trying to throw their weight about.Devlin and McCallion going at McMahon after the goal.Paddy Bradley pushing Colm Cavanaghs head into the ground.On the subject of Bradley i had to laugh at him kissing the badge.He wasn't too worried about the badge when he huffed and walked off the panel a couple of years ago.
[/quote

Said the same thing to the lad watching the game with me yesterday! He's an entertainer but!]

clarshack

bigtogs

Quote from: clarshack on January 29, 2012, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 27, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Trainer/motivator

the 2 stewartstown men train the team.

Yeah bartley and beano, spoke to a few hillmen over weekend mccabe takes an odd session and  does video analysing and tactical work 5man management team a lot off voices but it has worked..

oakleafgael

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 29, 2012, 09:23:30 AM

We do indeed look at our own players, the problem with the majority of them is they aren't near as cute as their opposition last night. Conway's sending off was a prime example, although it wasn't a sending off in any rationale referee's way of thinking.

Regarding Joe McMahon, he got what he asked for and I make no bones about it. Any man who runs in and roars in the face of an opposition player the way he did is asking for a slap in the mouth. Why did he feel the need to do it?

Hopefully Colm Cavanagh makes a speedy recovery, it was obvious he was in a fair bit of pain when he was carted off. Not nice to see.

Hillbilly

Quote from: bigtogs on January 29, 2012, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 29, 2012, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 27, 2012, 11:06:55 PM
Trainer/motivator

the 2 stewartstown men train the team.

Yeah bartley and beano, spoke to a few hillmen over weekend mccabe takes an odd session and  does video analysing and tactical work 5man management team a lot off voices but it has worked..
was down at there game they played well the punch up was caused by the ref failing to red card the kerry no 6

Club Rossa

Oakleafgael,you'll find that the Derry players are as cute as any other with their sly digs so don't be painting them whiter than white.Brian McGuigan could tell you a thing or two about Liam Hinphey and Mark Lynch and their sly digs after a league meeting in Celtic Park a few years ago or indeed a certain MrMcGoldricks actions in Omagh in 09 too.Tyrone,no doubt have boys that do the same but don't think Derry don't do it too.

clarshack

Derrytresk's opponents clonbur (An Fháirche) were beaten 1-9 to 0-13 yesterday by Milltown's Junior team in the Galway Division 3 League Final Replay. I believe the hill had a few spies down in galway to watch the game yesterday.

Clonbur seem to blow hot and cold - they beat a Divison 1B team from Mayo (Islandeady) in the Connaught Junior Final but have struggled against lesser opposition. however, they do seem to save their best for the championship.
clonbur have supposedly lost their full forward since the connaught final due to injury (cruciate ligament) which would be a big help considering the hill will likely be missing 1 or 2 as well due to suspension. 

Tommo2

Does anyone know when the league fixtures are due to be released. The leagues are supposed begin the first week of April. Can anyone confirm?

Family guy

Heard today HUB has told mickey harte he wont be returning back,a great servant and will be badly missed,darragh o se gave him a fitting tribute last night when he said he was one of his toughest opponents